• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe he'll be a bust at all. I can immediately see him being a 10 10 guy.

This is "pot shot" season for us. Now that we have finally been knocked off of are winning ledge it's safe for everyone to come out n take shots at us including "I have a book coming out let's speak on the Lakers Phil Jackson"

Clarkson looks good but sometimes he worries me. He's supposed to be a PG but he forces a lot more shots than I'd like to see from a PG.

Obviously it's still very early in his career so it's not a big deal :lol:

But I'd love to see him have the ability to create too. I think we know he can score by now. At least against SL competition.

Jackson: Lakers Were Looking For Long-Term Coach In Hiring D'Antoni

Jul 17, 2014 10:11 AM EDT

In an update to Phil Jackson's autobiography, he outlines how talks to return to the Los Angeles Lakers in November of 2012 unraveled.

Jackson was intrigued by the possibility of going after one more ring with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol now that the Lakers had also acquired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.

"I was thinking of the job as a one-season gig, but Jimmy (Buss) and Mitch (Kupchak) were looking for a coach who could help them rebuild the team over the long haul," writes Jackson. "They were also eager to turn the Lakers back into the sort of fast-paced, high-scoring team they were in the Magic Johnson “Showtime” era — and (Mike) D’Antoni was certainly a coach who could make that happen.

"The overriding issue, however, was the state of owner Jerry Buss’s health. He’d been in and out of the hospital during the previous several months battling prostate cancer and other ailments. But things had taken a turn for the worse recently, and his family hoped that a turn in the Lakers’ fortunes might bring some joy into his life and, with luck, help speed his recovery.

"Several weeks later, the story came out that Dr. Buss, not Jimmy, had made the decision to go with D’Antoni. This seemed unlikely to me given the state of Jerry’s health — not to mention, Jimmy’s long history of impetuous decision-making — but it was impossible to verify that story one way or the other. In the end, it didn’t matter that much anyway. I was ready to move on."

Via Hugh Delehanty/New York Daily News

Moot now...but he doesn't believe it was Dr. Buss's call. I wonder....

Ska, same page bruh. :lol:

Last edited:
Ska pulled a

giphy.gif

I know we're not winning anything this year but I'd love to see us re-sign Wes, I like his game a lot.

If we do indeed sign Wes, we wouldn't have enough money to get Bazemore as well huh?

With all the praise that Exum is getting right now, and him being picked at 5, because we refused to lose to the Celtics and Jazz, and the possibility that Love would have come over next year............ :smh:

Man......I really hope it doesn't turn into a lifelong regret for us.

With all the praise that Exum is getting right now, and him being picked at 5, because we refused to lose to the Celtics and Jazz, and the possibility that Love would have come over next year............ :smh:

Man......I really hope it doesn't turn into a lifelong regret for us.

Really you'll be the only person with regret.

Some people won't let stuff go. Not a day goes by where the "Kobe contract" doesn't come up or "pro/anti tank" doesn't come up.
What happened is done. Just let it go...

Yes, I can.

Both similar alternate realities. You guys *****ing about one bein brought up, but cryin about the other is hypocrisy at its finest.

Kobe's contract didn't hinder anything. We still had room for a max player. We didn't get a max player or a decent player. What the hell would Kobe taking 10 mill a year do if no one decided to go to L.A. or do y'all just want the owners to keep their money? 

and **** tanking.....that **** for the birds. hell, half of y'all say without tanking, we'll still be trash. why go out and not even try??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom