Status
Not open for further replies.
sb sb

Scars_Death.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Got tix right next to the lakeshow tunnel against the celtics on december 5,

any NT'ers gonna be there?

don't know how much protection i'll get if i wear a mamba jersey.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 12s
I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.

We'll see if he gets another rental car repo'd this time

Here some more stuff that didn't make it into Chris Ballard's SI cover story on Kobe:

Tony Allen on... Kobe

Curious about the third choice, I called up Allen. As always, Allen did not disappoint. Here’s a quick, edited Q&A, beginning with Allen’s reaction to being mentioned by Bryant

Allen: (audible exhale) “Oh man, that’s an honor. From a guy like Kobe, it’s definitely an honor, considering who he is….Don’t want to let that get to me though. Gotta keep my competitive advantage! I get more up for playing him than any other player.”

Q: Why?

Allen: “He’s the closest thing to Michael Jordan in my era. Lots of people say this guy or that guy. Nah…I get to be able to live and tell the story that I got to guard that guy.”

Q: How effective do you think he’ll be this year, coming off two major injuries?

Allen: “You got to have your antenna up. Even 75 percent Kobe, you got to be wary of. I’m not playing him any different.”

Q: What scouting report would you give someone who had to guard Kobe?

Allen: “His game is limitless. Not just a slasher or a shooter. He’s gonna get his. There’s no saying, ‘You’re going to stop Kobe.’ You got to not get discouraged….And he plays both ends, a lot of people don’t know that. I’d tell a young fella who has to guard him: ‘You got to be ready to compete.’ Ain’t no scouting report for a guy who scored 82 points in a game!” [Note: Bryant actually scored 81, but perhaps Allen is adjusting for inflation. Or just being Tony Allen.]

Q: How do you think his approach will be different playing on a team that’s not a title contender?

Allen: “I couldn’t envision Kobe stepping on the court and not thinking about a title.”

Q: He says he’s going to retire in two years. What will that be like?

Allen: “I’m not here to put Father Time on anybody. I know the man can play ball, period.”

Source:

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/26/kobe-bryant-lakers-dwight-howard-tony-allen-retirement

Last edited:
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 12s
I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.

We'll see if he gets another rental car repo'd this time
It's like Mitch and co. are trolling us.

They have absolutely zero clue about their perception these days. It's like they are building 2K rosters and thinking it looks nice on paper or something. :lol:

Trying to build without committing anything to anyone is a chore that leads to building teams by names for bargain prices.

Even if Kobe was a smaller contract... I.e. 2year/ $35-36mil it'd still likely be the same MO.

Reason I say it would be the same if Kobe was making $17-18mil a year which is the perfect number because it is not lowballing, but gave us room to do a lot is that they were not going to commit on anything but max level players.

Even if they could have gotten 3 good players in FA, it wouldn't be for multi-year deals with the extra money. Which means they would not come here. LeBron was a no. Melo chose Knicks by default for the money. Because even LA was a better situation for him with Kobe at $23.5 & $25mil. Once those 2 dominoes were gone, it was make deals that don't hurt flexibility, and give out contracts to our guys that we can get out of fairly easily if we want to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom