2014-2015 NCAA / NFL Gear

I finally got around to breaking in my Air Jordan 12 MCS. I didnt like them. They are no where near as comfortable as my Vapor Jet 4.2's. I am speed guy and love tight form fitting shoes like track spikes. They just arent or my feet. Time to sell them.

I know summer, but when does the fall gear start showing up for these schools in terms of the sideline apparel and whatnot? 7/1? 8/1?

Is Oregon for sure wearing the jerseys they wore in the Alamo bowl this season seen them on sale but didn't want to buy just for them to drop a new one before the season
Yes. They should have 3 or so more colorways for this season (incl the black one the debuted with the white, but haven't yet worn). I think they may be unveiling them at the spring game.
I know summer, but when does the fall gear start showing up for these schools in terms of the sideline apparel and whatnot? 7/1? 8/1?
It already has. Preseason and player polos already out from Nike. Coaches and elite polos will be out in next month or so. Hats are already out. What are you looking for in particular?

Mostly lookin for all the travel gear and jerseys and whatnot. Not even gotta buy them just curious. And what about hoops stuff?

Nike put up a bunch of new options for iD on the Alpha Pro's including the chrome plate. FINALLY!

The NFL Speedvent shorts are now $59.99 on Champs, Footlocker and Eastbay. Use the bday coupon and they are $25 cheaper then NBC.

Nike and Oklahoma have produced some uniforms that pay respect to the past of the origination with the Rough Rider uniforms.

Nike’s white helmet design pays tribute to Wilkinson’s squads that captured national championships in 1950, 1955 and 1956. Those Oklahoma teams wore white headgear with a signature crimson stripe from crown to base. The latest version of this helmet concept includes a similar crimson stripe.

The modified version of Oklahoma’s iconic crimson helmet also features an enlarged interlocking OU above each earhole with the distinctive wood-grained design embedded into the protective outer shell. Never previously utilized on a football helmet, this touch of timber provides a very tangible link to the weathered texture of the Sooner Schooner.

In typical Nike fashion, even the smallest details on these latest uniforms are fully loaded with Sooner symbolism. Anthracite was chosen for facemasks, gloves and socks to match the traditional feel of black Nike Vapor Talon Elite cleats.  Form, function and elevated design are seen in the crimson and cream alternative jersey choices, as well. For the first time, the word OKLAHOMA replaces SOONERS across the front chest plate of the Nike Pro Combat jersey. These jerseys feature high-impact durability, stretch-woven fabrics and meshed ventilation to provide optimal thermoregulation and moisture management, as well as a shrink-wrap fit.

Both jerseys also feature subtle touches such as “47 Straight” emblazoned on the inner Nike Flywire neckline, serving as a reminder of the college football’s incomparable victory streak amassed during Wilkinson’s tenure. In addition, the wood-grained element is carried over to shoulder plates, outer necklines, numerals and lettering, as well as the vertical crimson stripes on the Nike Pro Combat pants which include an OU logo.

Anyone hear of something that is about to drop with Nike? They had a shot of a mystery cleat on their Instagram and now I see Nightwing2303 going to an event in Beaverton that is being called, 'The Future of Nike Football.'

Anyone hear of something that is about to drop with Nike? They had a shot of a mystery cleat on their Instagram and now I see Nightwing2303 going to an event in Beaverton that is being called, 'The Future of Nike Football.'

I think it will be some type of flyknit, woven cleat similar to what Nike soccer is doing currently. Probably costing between $170 and $200

Yeah looks like some flyknit stuff but wouldn't it have almost no padding? I haven't worn any flyknit shoes but just seems like it'd be too thin for football.

Yeah looks like some flyknit stuff but wouldn't it have almost no padding? I haven't worn any flyknit shoes but just seems like it'd be too thin for football.
What do you need padding for in football?

If anything, you need more padding in soccer cuz you're kicking the ball more often.

When I played HS, feet were getting stepped on all the time, and when I had cleats that had minimal padding, could be pretty painful. Hence you see linemen wear cleats that have thicker padding on the upper. I'd also guess flyknit soaks up water in rain conditions, but again - haven't worn flyknit shoes before so I don't know if that's the case.

Assuming it is a flyknit cleat release (seems likely), I'll be very curious. Seems like you'd need more lateral support too.

Good and valid points on Flyknit.

Support wise they could go the Kobe 9 route and have a Flyknit upper with a synthetic backing underneath to add more support.

Sucks I just bought the VC2014's and Retro 6's. Haha more cleats I guess.

Good and valid points on Flyknit.

Support wise they could go the Kobe 9 route and have a Flyknit upper with a synthetic backing underneath to add more support.

Sucks I just bought the VC2014's and Retro 6's. Haha more cleats I guess.

Ah interesting, I didn't know the 9s had a synthetic backing. And I'd been debating if the VC 2014's were worth keeping, but finally decided to break them out 2 weeks ago. Damn...Nike's always making me feel like a sucker.

i saw one dude a page back but if anyone could share their thoughts on the retro 6 cleats performance wise. Thinking about getting them but not if they perform poorly.

Back
Top Bottom