2014 Cyber Monday Deals

I would agree it looks like the logical next step for TV.... 3d was clearly a gimmick from the start. They never really got the 3d without glasses to pop off and no wants to wear glasses just to watch TV. 4k looks great from what I can tell and is steadily dropping in price.
What about curved tvs? Gimmick?

What about curved tvs? Gimmick?

I'm not really sure. I don't really see the need for it but they do look good. I'm not sure if the average American will jump on it (making it the standard like HDTV is now).

Look at those curved phones companies were rushing to drop last year and the year. People didn't really jump on them (as expected and clearly that market is dying a bit more now). I'm still surprised Sammy is dropping that Note 4 Edge but whatever.

Last edited:
naw, curved phones were a dumb idea. For starters they'd feel horrible in your pocket :lol:
There's also no need for the curve since the majority of the time the viewer I right in front of it all the time

Last edited:
I was surprised but there is actually a decent number of 360s being sold. I actually saw a lady getting one from Walmart this weekend. I think its a good choice for a lot of parents who have younger kids who are just not getting into video games.

Truthfully the exclusives/ libraries aren't really vast enough still to justify buying the next gen systems unless you are really into gaming. PS3 and XBOX 360 has a great library of games at this point and the system is pretty cheap.

Outside of how smooth my XB1 is running and lack of load times, I'm not super thrilled about it

I was surprised but there is actually a decent number of 360s being sold. I actually saw a lady getting one from Walmart this weekend. I think its a good choice for a lot of parents who have younger kids who are just not getting into video games.

Truthfully the exclusives/ libraries aren't really vast enough still to justify buying the next gen systems unless you are really into gaming. PS3 and XBOX 360 has a great library of games at this point and the system is pretty cheap.

Outside of how smooth my XB1 is running and lack of load times, I'm not super thrilled about it
No debate, I miss 360, I just can't go back to playing it seriously. Nov was mostly good overall for X1. I have enough games now. Just the downgrade in graphics makes me not want to go back.

Other news Im on the edge to cop the Benq monitor, a few good deals today. Think I need to make my gaming command station before the year is up.

What are the main differences between the Xbox One with the Kinect vs without? Thinking about trading in my PS4 for an XBox One. But I'm really not sure I'd use the Kinect. Let me know fellas!

What are the main differences between the Xbox One with the Kinect vs without? Thinking about trading in my PS4 for an XBox One. But I'm really not sure I'd use the Kinect. Let me know fellas!
It's better with Kinect. Certain games require voice commands, doing Record That. Navigating. I couldn't see myself using it without but plenty do. They added some Kinect commands as controller shortcuts, still doesn't compare. I would say get with Kinect, a few of my X1 buddies here will agree.

If you wanna get into Twitch also its a good simple setup also.

I have a XB1 without Kinect. I think it would be more useful if I really was using my XBOX as a media hub but I don't. I've got like 6 games so far and only one has even sort of hinted at the use of Kinect (Tomb Raider) and even then its mostly to do stuff like pause and unpause.

I'm kinda surprised to see someone trading a Ps4 for XB1 though, most people are saying PS4 is winning the next-gen console war for now.

I will say things may change after this holiday season though. Those XB1 deals were abundant I expect alot more people to jump on Live now making it more appealing for developers to make good games/ exclusives for the system.

It's the winner now because people going off specs. Machine is great but folks don't have games to play lol. I am getting a P4 couple games I need to play on it but my main b*tch will always be the X1.

My favorite NTer comes through again 
laugh.gif
 have a rep.

Tv heads, this isn't technically a "cyber Monday deal" but I was hoping you guys could help me out.

http://m.costco.com/Vizio-55"-Class...mart-LED-HDTV-M552i-B2.product.100123924.html

For 679 is that tv a good deal? I know it says out of stock but our Costco still has some.

Either that 55 m series Vizio or this 55 inch Samsung (700 bucks)

http://m.costco.com/Samsung-55"-Cla...ED-HDTV-UN55H6300AFXZA.product.100108480.html

I can't see anything about input lag anywhere in the specs. Everything else looks good though.
I had that 55" Samsung and took it back. The picture did not wow me one bit
LTB giving us bad intel 
tired.gif

It's better with Kinect. Certain games require voice commands, doing Record That. Navigating. I couldn't see myself using it without but plenty do. They added some Kinect commands as controller shortcuts, still doesn't compare. I would say get with Kinect, a few of my X1 buddies here will agree.

If you wanna get into Twitch also its a good simple setup also.

Thanks everyone. Reason for me leaving is I was an XBox 360 guy with a fairly large community of friends on Xbox. I moved over to PS4, they all stayed 20+. The community just isn't the same without my weekly laughs online. For me it's more about the community rather than the games themselves. Can the voice command stuff be used without the Kinect? I'm pretty much only into sports games. Maybe a shooter game here and there.

Thanks everyone. Reason for me leaving is I was an XBox 360 guy with a fairly large community of friends on Xbox. I moved over to PS4, they all stayed 20+. The community just isn't the same without my weekly laughs online. For me it's more about the community rather than the games themselves. Can the voice command stuff be used without the Kinect? I'm pretty much only into sports games. Maybe a shooter game here and there.

Voice stuff can't be used without the Kinect.

I understand your sense of community I'm hoping to get into more of the XB1 community now.

A lot of my fraternity brothers play COD together on PS4 so I gotta admit I miss that.

Back
Top Bottom