2014 NBA Draft Thread

The elite part of my post was directed towards amp. I should have made that clearer.

And I'm not saying LaVine's three point shooting is a fluke as much as I am just very cautious about it.
Who do you and OKB like in the 2014 class?

Because it's barer than most basketball fans think after Embiid, Bari, Ender, Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Smart.

8-30 is somewhat of a crapshoot depending on preference. Trez, Hood, Saric. So on and so forth.
I'm a big Harris fan. Two way players like Harris are so valuable these days.

I also like Stauskas, Carson and Payne for various reasons.

Last edited:
I really like Harris but he's a bit undersized for the two and I wonder about him being able to get his own shot in the L

Definitely going to play defense and shoot the ball though.

If he was a 1 he'd be in top 5 talk

2014 NBA Draft Class

LaVine, Semaj, Clarkson, Payton, K.Williams, Trez, Greek Freak 2.

Dislikes:
Ennis, Young, McDermott, Fair, Grant, Gordon (inside the lottery), Russ Smith.

Who do you and OKB like in the 2014 class?

Because it's barer than most basketball fans think after Embiid, Bari, Ender, Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Smart.

8-30 is somewhat of a crapshoot depending on preference. Trez, Hood, Saric. So on and so forth.

guys I like, not done watching eveyrone tho

LOW RISK guys out side of the top 7 who I think have obvious NBA skillets or roles.

Harris
Mcderrmott
Hariston
Hood
Stauskas

guys outside the top 7 who carry more risk due to position changes or skill set development

Dario Saric
Kyle Anderson
Montrezl Harrell
Adreian Payne

High risk high reward
WCS
Jusuf Nurkic
Mario Heozonja

2nd round picks I like

Deonte Burton
Rasmus Larsen
Khem Birch

Guys

Last edited:
I'm a big Harris fan. Two way players like Harris are so valuable these days.

I also like Stauskas, Carson and Payne for various reasons.

Covering Harris next week for you. I'm chewing out Gordon tonight :lol:
Took you long enough. :lol:

While I'm posting here, check the blogger link in my sig folks. I've done profiles on Embiid and Wiggins so far, will probably try and write up Parker this weekend.

Hezonja :lol:

Hope he gets significant minutes early in the L just for the trolling that will ensue

He's basketballs answer to Kenny Powers

Last edited:
Guys who I believe are being overrated and I wouldn't draft unless its between 26-60

Lavine
Selden
Young

I've watched two Jusuf Nurkic games.

one Dario Saric game this year.

one Vasilije Micic this yeat, and a couple

havent seen Clint Capela, besides some highlights and draftexpress video.

Jusuf Nurkic might be a new member of the GFH (giant ******* human) club, 6-11, 280, son is massive and moves so well.

I've watched two Jusuf Nurkic games.

one Dario Saric game this year.

one Vasilije Micic this yeat, and a couple

havent seen Clint Capela, besides some highlights and draftexpress video.

Jusuf Nurkic might be a new member of the GFH (giant ******* human) club, 6-11, 280, son is massive and moves so well.

Seen all of them 3+ times. Let me know if u need film.

Some people are still sleeping on Ennis :smh:

As much as I like him, his game doesn't project that well to the league besides that fact that he's a true PG, which is getting ever more rare.

Not a good scorer/ok shooter/average athlete and will not be a good man to man defender in the league.

He'll be able to run your offense and has a great IQ at his age but that's it.

I get and agree with Osh's point never disagreed but part of the draft is taking kids who are projects. Levine has a smooth looking game and obviously is extremely coordinated aka why some people think he can be a really good shooter. I think he has bust written all over him if he comes out now as well so I agree but my point is there are obvious exceptions to the rule.

Young's game is just too smooth for me not to like him as a prospect though I see everyone's point about him and agree he's risky.

Also, a lot of people flamed when I said PJ was way better than Bullock last year and at this point I think its pretty obvious PJ is a different caliber of player.

I get and agree with Osh's point never disagreed but part of the draft is taking kids who are projects. Levine has a smooth looking game and obviously is extremely coordinated aka why some people think he can be a really good shooter. I think he has bust written all over him if he comes out now as well so I agree but my point is there are obvious exceptions to the rule.

Young's game is just too smooth for me not to like him as a prospect though I see everyone's point about him and agree he's risky.

Also, a lot of people flamed when I said PJ was way better than Bullock last year and at this point I think its pretty obvious PJ is a different caliber of player.

I'm taking PJ in the lottery if I get the chance. Basketball skills aside, he's already in a pro environment and will have less problems transitioning to the pro game.

He can step in and be a starting 2 guard from day 1. Bulls? :nerd:

MCW-PJ-Wiggins/Jabari-Thad-Noel :smokin :smokin

So many possibilities. Let this damn season be over with already :lol:

I've watched some of those PJ Hariston D league games, no one is playing d. :lol:

I like Hariston a lot, has a clear role in the league.

Crazy day for prospects.

Even though it's already March it seems like there are still varying opinions on pretty much all the top prospects.

I wonder what Doug will turn out to be.. I see a little bit of Mike Miller, Korver, Gallo, Wally Sczerbiak, Morrison all mixed together with that Dirk funk sprinkled in. He should definitely go in the lottery.

Still don't know what to think about Wiggins. Of course he has the foundation to be a great player, but I can't say I have an opinion on his ceiling or who he compares to.

Back
Top Bottom