2014 NBA Draft Thread

Watch the cavs trade the pick for Love and then at the end of the year Love bounces and takes Kyrie with him 
laugh.gif

I see the argument that yes.. Cleveland tried to win this season and didn't.. so somehow they're more deserving than a team that blatantly tanked. And perhaps, in a single season, that's a fair point.

But they've won it 3 times in 4 years. That's ridiculous. They didn't win because the system worked.. they won because they had a small chance to win and luck was in their favor. And because the basketball gods consider Lebron's value to be 3 #1 picks.

Last edited:
Let me just be honest here. The Cavs won the lottery, when they actually really tried to make the playoffs. Other teams would make obvious attempts at tanking in hopes of winning the #1 pick. That's not good business.

That team that really tried winning through out the season, won the lottery. That's the way it's supposed to be.

But you ain't answer da question papi.

Is that your dime in ya avi? :nerd:

It's all laughs from Cleveland fans until Doug McDermott goes #1 overall. :nerd:

:x @ Philly getting 7 picks

Hinkie is about that life bruh. :smokin

I was looking at the draft order and I was like cotdamn :lol:

That tanking paid off

I see the argument that yes.. Cleveland tried to win this season and didn't.. so somehow they're more deserving than a team that blatantly tanked. And perhaps, in a single season, that's a fair point.

But they've won it 3 times in 4 years. That's ridiculous. They didn't win because the system worked.. they won because they had a small chance to win and luck was in their favor. And because the basketball gods consider Lebron's value to be 3 #1 picks.
Incidentally Milwaukee also tried to win this season.  And Detroit.  And many others.

Son.. All Cleveland has is Kyrie for now.

They will draft someone and it will be Kyrie and that person.

They have nobody else. Bennett is garbage. Waitors trash.. Who else????

What free agent is Ok with going to Cleveland?

Son.. All Cleveland has is Kyrie for now.

They will draft someone and it will be Kyrie and that person.

They have nobody else. Bennett is garbage. Waitors trash.. Who else????

What free agent is Ok with going to Cleveland?
No one, but I hate to tell ya...  The jury is faaaaaar from in on Kyrie being a franchise player in this league.

But you ain't answer da question papi.

Is that your dime in ya avi? :nerd:
I was looking at the draft order and I was like cotdamn :lol:

That tanking paid off

:lol:

Philly will probably have the entire 2015 2nd round in their possession at this rate.

Cleveland Cavaliers | Odds of winning the lottery: 1.7 percent 100 percent
I don’t know what Dan Gilbert is blackmailing the NBA with, but it sure works. Two No. 1 picks in three years is unprecedented in the current weight setup. Gilbert tried showing restraint on his golden goose, exercising his ability to get a top pick only every other year. But now, the Cavaliers owner is getting desperate. He traded for Luol Deng and Spencer Hawes and still couldn’t make the playoffs, and Anthony Bennett sure deserves a mulligan. Gilbert will cash in again.

IF Cleveland ever becomes a good team, people are really going to hate them because of all the lottery gifts they were given to get there

Last edited:
So do the Cavs make an offer for Love?

Maybe #1, Bennett, Waiters, Varejao for Love and take back Martin?

Trot out a re-signed Hawes and Deng with Love, Martin and Kyrie in the East?

Last edited:
exum is gonna be a great player imo, thankfully he doesn't have to worry about going to the cavs. my sleeper pick to win ROTY.

Back
Top Bottom