2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

It boggles my mind how anyone can honestly have the opinion that Cavs team was good, MINUS Lebron.

"60 wins. Finals."

You HONESTLY think that team with an average player in Lebron's place would get to 60, and the Finals?

There's no way, as proven the very next year.
Mike Brown made that team

I think the '07 Cavs team was ok. Not Bad, but not good either. They weren't supposed to even be in the finals. Detroit was the Favorites back then.

However, I refuse to hear that the '09 and '10 Cavs teams were bad.

If comparing the '10 Cavs teams to Brons recent super teams...then yeah, they don't measure. But in comparison to the other elite teams before Bron went to MIA...the Cavs roster held up.

Other than the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs...Cleavland had enough in the Talent department to compete for a title. Especially in the east.

Other contenders around that time were built on the model of One superstar...a borderline All star, and good role players surrounding them.

Ex: '08-'10 Nuggets, '08-'10Magic. Cavs roster in that time period was comparable to them.

It boggles my mind how anyone can honestly have the opinion that Cavs team was good, MINUS Lebron.

"60 wins. Finals."

You HONESTLY think that team with an average player in Lebron's place would get to 60, and the Finals?

There's no way, as proven the very next year.
The thing is that team never did anything.  They played in a very weak east and beat some mediocre teams, then got washed when they finally played a good team.

No they weren't great on talent, but they didn't overachieve either, they didn't achieve anything of note.  They got lucky to be in the finals and clearly didn't belong there.

Last edited:
Man this League Pass is getting terrible reviews if it's being used outside of the cable or Satellite provider.

I wonder if I order it through my cable provider do I have to watch it at home on the TV or can I still use it on my Roku when I'm on the road traveling.

Sidenote: and yea Capone was bonez.
I didn't know he got banned as bonez, I thought he embarrassed himself again and just changed names per usual

Last edited:
Alphabet winning MIP in '14-'15.

I'm checking for Milwaukee all season. Watch Henson's offensive game continue expanding, Sanders' redemption, and Bari's ROY candidacy.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Kidd going to make Giannis the first 7 foot PG, Hubie Brown getting excited already.

"He handles the ball like a guard but he's 7'5."

Last edited:
meh. Winning isn't all that important in Milwaukee. They could be turning themselves into the eastern version of the thunder if they're lucky in regards to how guys develop and future draft picks

You really expect lebron to carry 2 players with no playoff experience through 3 playoff series in their first year

That bench is suspect for a title contender, nobody on that 2nd unit is good enough to run the offense, waiters has to have that jamal crawford role for cleveland or a veteran team in the east will knock them off in the playoffs

Plenty of guys play well with no playoff experience. It's not that crazy. Good players figure it out.

Also a smart coach staggers the minutes so one of the big 3 plays and runs with the 2nd unit. Not every team needs a Jamal Crawford. Just saying filling a team with good role players surrounded by 3 primary playmakers can work. Look at the Spurs. The Heat the last 4 years.

Plenty of guys play well with no playoff experience. It's not that crazy. Good players figure it out.

Also a smart coach staggers the minutes so one of the big 3 plays and runs with the 2nd unit. Not every team needs a Jamal Crawford. Just saying filling a team with good role players surrounded by 3 primary playmakers can work. Look at the Spurs. The Heat the last 4 years.

The heat had 3 proven stars & a hof coach behind the scenes, spurs have a great system, the cavs have 1 proven star & a coach with no nba experience & a suspect bench, that team is gonna disappoint alot of ppl

Speaking of, the starting lineup for the Cavs tonight will be LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Waiters and Tristan Thompson.

meh. Winning isn't all that important in Milwaukee. They could be turning themselves into the eastern version of the thunder if they're lucky in regards to how guys develop and future draft picks
The Bucks have nowhere near the talent level that the Thunder had/have and their coach is just as suspect, if not more so.

The Bucks have nowhere near the talent level that the Thunder had/have and their coach is just as suspect, if not more so.

I'm not saying they'll project to be as good as the Thunder, but the could be putting together a solid future with Jabari/ antejejejehemkoimpo/ and a almost guaranteed top 5 pick in 2015.

It's realistically year 1 of the bucks rebuild

Who would be their Durant and Westbrook ?

Not arguing the point just curious who they have comparable to those two guys, I think the Sixers have a better chance of being the east coat thunder with MCW, Noel, and Embidd already on the roster and signed to rookie contracts.

Not arguing the point just curious who they have comparable to those two guys, I think the Sixers have a better chance of being the east coat thunder with MCW, Noel, and Embidd already on the roster and signed to rookie contracts.

Durant/ Green could possibly = parker/antejejejehemkoimpo

Next year, they'll have a top 5 pick. From there is where they need to get lucky

[antidote]but what did he do wrong? Its not fair! Free capone![antidote]
indifferent.gif

Durant/ Green could possibly = parker/antejejejehemkoimpo

Next year, they'll have a top 5 pick. From there is where they need to get lucky
If the Bucks get a top 3 pick,  Emmanuel Mudiay can be their Westbrook if they draft him.

Funny how being biased works.
I've always hated Dennis Scott on NBAtv...I watched some throw back games with him and all of a sudden I can tolerate listening to dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom