2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
More years and money from the Knicks. Better cap situation too. And he has a legit chance to advance is the east. Unless lebron goes, I don't understand going to LA

5 guaranteed years, or a 4 year deal likely with an opt out clause after 3 years similar to what Dwight Howard got and he could recoup any money that he would lose from that 5th year with the Knicks. Better cap for one year when it's not guaranteed he'll get anything in NY. Rondo could just as easily come to LA to play with he and Kobe, I believe his max deal starts at around $14 mil for the next year. They probably wouldn't be able to get Love, but if the cap elevates another $4 mil to around $68 million as some projections have it, they can fit Love's starting salary at $16-$17 mil under as well.

In 2015 you could have Kobe-Melo-Love-Randle-Pau or Rondo-Kobe-Melo-Randle-Pau. And Kobe's deal expires in 2016, opening another max slot when a certain SF from OKC is slated to hit the open market.

Bron my dude but I can't see him wanting any parts of the western conference. Mia or Cleveland

Bron my dude but I can't see him wanting any parts of the western conference. Mia or Cleveland

According to half of NT. These players don't consider the difference of playing in the Western vs Eastern conference.

Western has about 10 GOOD teams.

Easter has about 1 good team.

Road to the Finals is so much easier in the East but these players don't consider that or care.

If i was bron i would rather battle it out in the WCF and cake walk through The Finals, then cake walk through the ECF and get wombo combo'd in The Finals

From an outsider's view, The Decision pt. 2 really is fascinating.

When it's all said and done, I still think dude stays with Miami on a short deal but the fact that he has everyone (including his loudest fans) twisting in the wind is great to watch.
pimp.gif

At first I brushed off reports he was taking a hard line stance yet too many reputable folks have said it for me not to believe. All other major FA's, including rest of Big 3, don't want to commit to Miami until Raymone gives the word. Pat and Spo are out there recruiting without being able to offer a price. So it looks like the Heat are in somewhat of a holding pattern right now.

Keeping the Big 3 together looks more and more like a square peg in round hole situation. If all those reports are true...it's damn near impossible to keep all parties satisfied (players + management/ownership). Something has to give.

And good for LBJ to demand a max salary this time around. I see a lot of you dorks don't seem to grasp it but first and foremost, it's a business. Yeah all that fantasizing **** and projecting dream scenarios is cool but he carries the torch for the players and, whether people like it or not, he also carries responsiblity for the league's outlook. Taking another huge paycut at this stage in his career would be detrimental to the players' cause in 2017. **** all that salary shaming **** while these owners skate free from all the scrutiny and make quadruple bank.
mean.gif

I've always thought that Kobe's contract + Kobe's words after the fact made more of an impression than people acknowledged.

For my own deeply layered selfish reasons I've been wanting for a while to see him join up with the Lakeshow. Highly unlikely though.

Last edited:
Any word on Bledsoe? Isn't he a rfa, but I haven't heard of one rumor involving him

Last edited:
Why would Lebron leave the easy East coast to go to the West?

#1 market by a long shot. Lifestyle. Weather. Vibe. Power. History. A list actress side pieces. Stuff like that.

We get it. You're a Lakers fan that wants Carmelo and LeBron or just either of them.

Any word on Bledsoe? Isn't he a refs, but I haven't heard of one rumor involving him

Supposedly the Bucks are looking at making an offer. That's all I've heard so far.

According to half of NT. These players don't consider the difference of playing in the Western vs Eastern conference.

Road to the Finals is so much easier in the East but these players don't consider that or care.

Maybe because players prefer to play in the west? Maybe the east sucks because too many cities in the east are terrible cities to live in as a young millionaire? Landlocked rust belt swag. Detroit, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte, Orlando, Indianapolis :x

Last edited:
We get it. You're a Lakers fan that wants Carmelo and LeBron or just either of them.
Supposedly the Bucks are looking at making an offer. That's all I've heard so far.

I can't stand LeBron, actually. But I think it would be interesting if they both landed in Hollywood. But really, if I were either of these cats only LA would do. Without question. Complete no brainer.

Only thing the West has is LA lol, east coast Has Philly, NY, Miami, DC, Saying Orlando is a reach but it is nice there.

Maybe because players prefer to play in the west? Maybe the east sucks because too many cities in the east are terrible cities to live in as a young millionaire? Detroit, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte, Orlando, Indianapolis :x

You do realize most of the stars have vacation homes and live great lives.

So Carmelo prefers LA over NY? Where his wife is from and where he wishes he was from? Where his wife is getting the most work currently and has said multiple times she wants to stay in NY.

So LeBron prefers LA over Mia? Miami is the less expensive version of LA. Everyone is there now and wants to be there. Taxes are much cheaper. He's the king of Miami, people don't even remember what Wade did in 06.

Take off the homer hat and then type.

Last edited:
:lol: I don't think anybody is prepared for an eastern conference without lebron and melo

Last edited:
More years and money from the Knicks. Better cap situation too. And he has a legit chance to advance is the east. Unless lebron goes, I don't understand going to LA

5 guaranteed years, or a 4 year deal likely with an opt out clause after 3 years similar to what Dwight Howard got and he could recoup any money that he would lose from that 5th year with the Knicks. Better cap for one year when it's not guaranteed he'll get anything in NY. Rondo could just as easily come to LA to play with he and Kobe, I believe his max deal starts at around $14 mil for the next year. They probably wouldn't be able to get Love, but if the cap elevates another $4 mil to around $68 million as some projections have it, they can fit Love's starting salary at $16-$17 mil under as well.

In 2015 you could have Kobe-Melo-Love-Randle-Pau or Rondo-Kobe-Melo-Randle-Pau. And Kobe's deal expires in 2016, opening another max slot when a certain SF from OKC is slated to hit the open market.

The Knicks can have these fantasy lineups too.

I'm interested in seeing how the Pacers are this year. Hibbert and PG looked average or worse.

Bulls and healthy should never be in the same sentence.

Who knows what happens with the Heat.

You do realize most of the stars have vacation homes and live great lives.

So Carmelo prefers LA over NY? Where his wife is from and where he wishes he was from? Where his wife is getting the most work currently and has said multiple times she wants to stay in NY.

So LeBron prefers LA over Mia? Miami is the less expensive version of LA. Everyone is there now and wants to be there. Taxes are much cheaper. He's the king of Miami, people don't even remember what Wade did in 06.

Take off the homer hat and then type.

No homer, I've spent much time in all three cities. Miami is tacky after a while. It's a tier two maybe even tier three city. It's also full of foreigners and old people.

Lala wants to be famous. She wants paparazzi following her. She wants to brunch with Kardashians, vacant brained **** like that. Nobody cares about her in NYC.

LA is literally THE best city is the country for a young millionaire. Highest concentration of wealth and talent anywhere in the country. And to top it off, Lakers are BY FAR the biggest brand in the NBA. $100M in revenue :pimp:

Last edited:
The Knicks can have these fantasy lineups too.

They could, but LA can as well even with Kobe at 25 mil and Melo at 23 mil, so why is it so far fetched that he'd want to join LA instead of NY? Especially when he could recoup any money he gives up on that guaranteed 5th year by re-upping in 2017, when it would be smarter to do so anyway after those balloon TV contracts come up. He could actually end up making a lot more by taking a shorter deal. He could sign with the Knicks and be stuck there for 5 years as they whiff on all these FAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom