2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
By far the best place in the South is South Florida

Heck depending on your tastes, its best place to live in the country

Last edited:
Apparently Lakers can only pay Pau 6 million a year if Anthony signs with them. Good luck with that Mitch/Buss

$6.7mil

More than any other contender can offer him.

Also could just a well offer him a No-Trade Clause which no other team could.

Or they could sign him for $3mil before they sign Melo. Keep his Bird Rights, and then sign him for $15mil next year if they want to make up the money. Obviously couldn't guarantee they pay him $15mil next year, but those wink wink deals do happen.

Last edited:
Why would Pau go back to LA? Kobe is old, they have a bunch of guys who are young and unproven and he's in the twilight on his career. Should he be ring chasing now?

Pau should go to either Houston or OKC.

You dudes caping for your cities better not be the same ones always calling out Animal Thug. Granted it's not to the same degree but nobody gives any dambs about your city. LeBron doesn't either

Bravo. Seen some stupid stuff posted about Houston, don't even care :lol:

2 rings or 3

It doesnt really matter much for his NBA legacy, hes already a HOF

At this point, its probably about where he feels wanted and comfortable

Last edited:
Why would Pau go back to LA? Kobe is old, they have a bunch of guys who are young and unproven and he's in the twilight on his career. Should he be ring chasing now?

Yeah the difference between what the Lakers could pay and the other contenders could pay really isn't that much different..

The Spurs, Heat, Thunder and Bulls all want him.. I don't see how he turns that down to play in a cluster**** situation in Los Angeles (don't even have a coach and Bryant's status unknown)

The way Pau's been treated in LA has not exactly been smooth either. I know he loves it in the city so that could be the difference but his name has been in trade rumors and the coaches have criticized him..

Last edited:
Atlanta is wack, tho. Corny people, bad music, and horrible traffic.

Tons of females, but you won't pull better quality there, just more of the same type broads you're pulling in another city.

If I was a pro athlete with my choice, it would be MIA, NY, or LA.

Yeah the difference between what the Lakers could pay and the other contenders could pay really isn't that much different..

The Spurs, Heat, Thunder and Bulls all want him.. I don't see how he turns that down to play in a cluster**** situation in Los Angeles (don't even have a coach and Bryant's status unknown)

The way Pau's been treated in LA has not exactly been smooth either. I know he loves it in the city so that could be the difference but his name has been in trade rumors and the coaches have criticized him..

He wants to stay in LA. That's the difference. IF Melo becomes a Laker, Pau pretty much says he's on board.

He wants to stay in LA. That's the difference. IF Melo becomes a Laker, Pau pretty much says he's on board.
I could see that. He always speaks very highly of LA.. even though the fans have turned on him at times and also management and coaching.. he's made some comments too but I don't blame him for being frustrated

I could see that. He always speaks very highly of LA.. even though the fans have turned on him at times and also management and coaching.. he's made some comments too but I don't blame him for being frustrated

I don't get why he would want to stay. But with Melo, Kobe & Randle. It's a good situation.

Had D'Antoni still been around 0% chance he's in LA.

Ross Pickering ‏@RossPickering 40m
After taxes and revenue sharing, Knicks LOST $3.4 million last season. Lakers had a PROFIT of $100.1 million. (L.A. Times) @carmeloanthony

Pau averaged 17 on a trash team last year. He's awake somewhat

Last edited:
does the lakers have a headcoach yet?

No. Byron Scott is the front runner. But are allowing new FAs and Kobe to give their input. Which is why Byron wasn't hired a month ago. They're waiting to see what Melo and LeBron think about the next head coach.

Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra flew to NC to meet with Jazz free agent forward Marvin Williams yesterday, a source told Yahoo.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 6, 2014

:rofl: - options are getting slim..

How the Hell did the Knicks LOSE money last season, but the Lakers made money? Is this counting the new TV deal the Lakers got with TWC?

Heat president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra flew to NC to meet with Jazz free agent forward Marvin Williams yesterday, a source told Yahoo.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 6, 2014

:rofl: - options are getting slim..

Marvin Williams is a really good defender and can knock down an open 3 when needed. With Lebron on the team, he'll have plenty of looks to look great.

If Rashard Lewish can knock down 12-14 points and play defense in the current Heat system, Marvin Williams would look even better. This move is more about getting younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom