2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

RT @pinstripealley: If you're looking for any slight hope, the Yankees were five back of a playoff spot on this date last year and drew to within one.

Season is over with.

You would think he'd rearrange the lineup just because.

I'm already thinking in off-season mode, and what needs to be done.

38 games left, I have faith Jeter will make it to the Post Season
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and Girardi was even soliciting advice from a reporter who asked about shaking up the lineup.

"We've talked about this before, what would you like me to do?," Girardi said.

A reporter suggested that Ellsbury is miscast as a No. 3 hitter.

"Then what do I do?" Girardi said. "Gardy has been pretty good in the one-slot. Ellsbury has done a pretty good job in the three-spot. We have been forced to do it because of some of the things that have happened physically here. You can think about putting him one, then where do you put Gardy?

"You can think about doing that, but then where are you going to put Jeet?" Girardi said. "Those three guys have probably been our most consistent hitters all year long. You definitely don't want lefties back-to-back."

So you are not thinking about a lineup shake-up?

"No," Girardi said. "I'm not thinking about moving those guys."

:smh:

*Raises Hand*

The Guy batting Second, should no longer be batting second....

Sits back down to gasps.

This is why I'm glad it's the last year of Jeter

148 out of 152 in SLG
139 out of 152 in OPS
18 out of 22 for Qualified SS in WAR
123 out of 162 in RC.
152 out of 152 in ISOP (Isolated Power. Your ability to get more than singles).
Stephen Drew has one less XBH than Jeter despite Jeter playing literally double the amount of games, almost 300 more at-bats, and Drew hitting .176

Last edited:
I wonder how Kay feels about players from different teams hugging and joking around before games.

10 damn minutes of it :smh:

What a performance by McCarthy :pimp:

Told y'all when we got him that 5+ ERA didn't mean anything, dude was so unlucky in AZ.

Green and McCarthy have to be in the rotation next year man

It'll be

?
Tanaka
CC
Pineda
Then #5 between Phelps/McCarthy/Greene and then throw in Nova around the midway point.

Although I do like the idea of having 7 starters instead of 6. Let me set up the premise. Just assume we have a injury free season :lol:. 5 starters in the rotation, a spot starter that takes 2 starts a month (Greene) and a Long Reliever that comes in to get 2-3 innings (Phelps). You could always mix and match their role if one of those 3 guys struggle.

Just spit balling 1 - Lester (If I had to choose Lester/Scherzer I go Lester right now. We have to get someone) 2- Tanaka 3- CC 4 - Pineda 5 - McCarthy
Spot Starter - Greene Long Reliever - Phelps RHP - Kelly, Warren Setup - Betances Closer - Robertson

Have to go after a Left Handed Pitcher for 1 year. Lindgren is a monster, but we have to give him 1 more year to get through the minors. But I am giddy about a 2016 pen of Lindgren - Betances - Robertson :x :pimp: End the game after the 6th.

Last edited:
I think Green is better than McCarthy. Younger and better stuff IMO

I have them neck and neck. I value the experience more.

But could be all of nothing because McCarthy could get a good offer in the offseason after what he's showed here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom