2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Random (but will tie in with the Yankees): But it really sucks living in Albany. I say that due to the Glens Falls Civic Center being too small that the city of Glens Falls couldn't sell it. But it perfectly encapsulates the problem of this area.

If you've been here before, it has potential, but it is a very short sighted city. When they build something, that's the end product, and they never think about expansion. They waste things that could be huge because it cost money, or scale back on ideas for that reason.

From 1985 - 1994, Albany had the AA Yankees team. They played in Heritage Park, which when built was one of the better minor league stadiums. But by 1994 without improvements, it became dated. We could have kept the AA Yankees team, and that was what the organization wanted to keep them in Albany, but local politicians, and local businesses refused to fund upgrades to a stadium that had really good attendance.

After the Yankees left for Norwich, then Trenton, they refused to build a new stadium to try and get a new AAA or AA team here, and instead the City of Troy (part of the Capital District) built a stadium and we got the Short Season A Ball team for the Astros. Short season A ball is useless to watch in terms of prospects.

Unfortunately for me, I don't get to Yankee stadium at all because the cost to get to NYC to Albany + for good tickets is not worth it.

Would have but would have been great to go to AA games since I don't get a chance to see the Yankees in the Bronx. I'd get to see Cabral, Lindgren, Servino, Sanchez, Bichette, Bird, Williams, Austin & Heathcott.

End of Rant about the area I live that is loosely tied to the Yankees :lol:

Was in Albany last week and the place is as bad as I can ever remember. Used to think I could live there, now... No chance.

Was in Albany last week and the place is as bad as I can ever remember. Used to think I could live there, now... No chance.

It's not that bad. But it could be much better.

I hate the small minded thinking that leaders have here. Could capitalize on the concentration of population in the area and build things that are meaningful that would attract people.

But instead everything goes into the colleges, which is short term attraction.

Last edited:
Random (but will tie in with the Yankees): But it really sucks living in Albany. I say that due to the Glens Falls Civic Center being too small that the city of Glens Falls couldn't sell it. But it perfectly encapsulates the problem of this area.

If you've been here before, it has potential, but it is a very short sighted city. When they build something, that's the end product, and they never think about expansion. They waste things that could be huge because it cost money, or scale back on ideas for that reason.

From 1985 - 1994, Albany had the AA Yankees team. They played in Heritage Park, which when built was one of the better minor league stadiums. But by 1994 without improvements, it became dated. We could have kept the AA Yankees team, and that was what the organization wanted to keep them in Albany, but local politicians, and local businesses refused to fund upgrades to a stadium that had really good attendance.

After the Yankees left for Norwich, then Trenton, they refused to build a new stadium to try and get a new AAA or AA team here, and instead the City of Troy (part of the Capital District) built a stadium and we got the Short Season A Ball team for the Astros. Short season A ball is useless to watch in terms of prospects.

Unfortunately for me, I don't get to Yankee stadium at all because the cost to get to NYC to Albany + for good tickets is not worth it.

Would have but would have been great to go to AA games since I don't get a chance to see the Yankees in the Bronx. I'd get to see Cabral, Lindgren, Servino, Sanchez, Bichette, Bird, Williams, Austin & Heathcott.

End of Rant about the area I live that is loosely tied to the Yankees :lol:

I'm minutes away from the thunder stadium..gardy/phelps/robertson/cano/betances were all there

Also jeter a few times rehabbing..AROD last year, tex, CC

I'm mad I missed manny banuelos earlier in the season

It's not that bad. But it could be much better.

I hate the small minded thinking that leaders have here. Could capitalize on the concentration of population in the area and build things that are meaningful that would attract people.

But instead everything goes into the colleges, which is short term attraction.

Growing up and being there monthly I thought it was a cool city... Now :smh:

Maybe that's just because I live in Orange County, CA lol.

This guy pitching for Houston looks like a batting practice pitcher..they should b scoring

McCann crushed that one. I'm going back and forth with this game and the Little League World Series. This Chicago squad got some players.

Watching the Yankees play is like watching a soccer game..always down to the wire

I love how quiet the stadium is while Betances is pitching, letting him work .. once he gets 2outs 2 strikes :smokin

Jesus! How hard would it have been to put one in the sky in the outfield! :smh:

Last edited:
Would feel more comfortable if there were six teams involved :lol: Cleveland and Toronto are only 4.5 games back. They really cannot afford to lose games like last night.

Pineda is back wheeling and dealing!! And this place is a ghost town! Yankees fans where are you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom