2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

If we would have won in the top of the 9th, I would have really broke down. The walk off lifted me up and made it harder to fully cry :lol:

My wife laughing at me.

Happy birthday Essential.
pimp.gif

Happy Birthday Essential :pimp:

Last night was such an epic thing to watch but it killed me at the same time. Seeing Andy and Jorge in full gray though provided a needed laugh :lol:

Don't get me started on CC jumping around on a surgically repaired knee :lol:

I thought the same thing about CC :lol:

Last night man ... im still smiling. Boston better treat our boy right ...

I gotta make it up to the Bronx next weekend. A guy I know makes posters of drawings and **** like that and he hooks it up with great prices. I need to get my hands on a few things.

I left the house around 5 this morning to make sure I got a copy of each paper. I went out for coffee around 10 and a lot of places are already sold out.

What we have here, I'm pretty sure, is a season that has never been duplicated in the history of baseball. After all, who else beside Stephen Drew has ever contributed this heavily to keeping the Red Sox and Yankees from both making the playoffs in the same year? In his two months as a Yankee, Drew has had the worst batting average in the majors, the second-worst on-base percentage, the sixth-worst slugging percentage and the third-worst OPS among players with as many plate appearances as he's gotten. In his two months with the Red Sox, he only had the third-worst average, ninth-worst OBP, 21st-worst slugging percentage and 11th-worst OPS. But he gets extra LVP points for inflicting such psychological duress on Xander Bogaerts -- who had to move from short to third to make room for him in Boston -- that during the time Drew was there, Bogaerts plummeted to the worst average and the second-worst OPS in the sport. So you can make a case that the best part of Drew's year was the part of the season where he held out and didn't play at all. Except that part cost him almost $5 million. So when you factor in all of that, this was a year worthy of the LVP Hall of Fame. Or Shame.

Back
Top Bottom