2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Won't be around for the last game today, going to Lions/Jets with my dad. It's been a bittersweet season to say the least.. glad we all had the chance to enjoy it on NT.

View media item 1198205#TeamYankees bro hug :wow:

Oh, and even you too DeadsetAce DeadsetAce

View media item 1198206

why i gotta be a chick tho???

:lol:

crazy to think this is it and he won't be in that visiting dugout next year. enjoy the final game everyone. been a great career for the dude

Last edited:
That's an insane story. Strangers give you a ticket to a great seat and you catch a foul ball by the only talented player on that Boston roster.

Wee-bay is that you?

1135851.gif

Last edited:
In my mind how this went:

"All of you guys lack focus, you lazy, fat pieces of ****... Oh yeah Derek here's your painting, enjoy retirement."

After reading the last sentence, that's exactly how I thought it went :lol:.

I'm disappointed they aren't in the Post Season, but it's kinda nice to be able to enjoy Jeter's last game without any expectations.

So where does he rank with the all time Yanks? Sixth? Fifth?

Probably 5th, that's generally been the consensus.

Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio.... then Jeter.

Yogi's the only one I think that you could make a case for 5th over Jeter.

And man, did I have some good ******* times up in Albany from 04 - 08 :lol: those were the ******* days. Especially when my friend moved off campus.

I was born in '96 so all I know is Jeter....when he walked over to the outfield grass and knelt down the feels came out. :wow:

Gonna be different not seeing #2 in the lineup anymore.

Damn you are young as hell :lol:

I started watching the Yankees in '96...I was in junior high school

Damn you are young as hell :lol:

I started watching the Yankees in '96...I was in junior high school

Same here, walked right into a championship and then a dynasty. Like I don't comprehend this missing the postseason in back to back seasons business.

We've been spoiled.

my eyes are all puffy :frown:

i've been through it all with the Yanks .. born in the reggie jackson days, grew up through the mattingly rickey henderson days and finished off this era :frown:

i'm an absolute mess right now .....

my eyes are all puffy :frown:

i've been through it all with the Yanks .. born in the reggie jackson days, grew up through the mattingly rickey henderson days and finished off this era :frown:

i'm an absolute mess right now .....

God you're old

I was born in '90 had to correct myself. Yankees spoiled me too smh. Thanks for the memories, I don't feel like things will ever be the same.

The Yankees need to get back to their old ways, can't even call them the BX Bombers with that lack of fire power.

One of my most recent favorite lineups was the 2006 season

Johnny Damon
Derek Jeter
Bobby Abreu
Gary Sheffield
Hideki Matsui
Alex Rodriguez
Jason Giambi
Jorge Posada
Robinson Cano

Only missed a handful of games that year, they were fun to watch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom