2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Might as well go after both of them. Isn't like we will have reliable SP next year.
I know we've been spoiled but isn't that a bit much.... :wow:

100% Yes.

But I don't care anymore at this point.

We don't have the farm system, nor will we anytime soon. Unless they scrap 90% of it and start from square 1 including new scouts, coaches, players, etc.

We have put way too much money in Tanaka, Ellsbury, Teix, CC, McCann, Beltran, Gardner, D-Rob (soon) and still so far away not to just go nuclear and spend all of the money to finish out the decade.

Last edited:
I'd be a little ticked if they gave Lester the 6 years at $20mm per that he wants.

Last edited:
Andrew Marchland
To follow up on Jim's Byrd post. I was told yesterday there is a better chance the Yanks pick up Byrd than Rios. However, their first choice is a rental. They don't want to add OF money for years to come if they can avoid. They just signed Ellsbury, Gardner and Beltran for a cool quarter of a billion dollars.

I heard on the radio, Texas was willing to eat some of Rios' contract. He hits, that's what we need. Someone constantly hitting. Carlos is starting to. Pair them up and we could get some runs.

What did we give up for Byrd?

Still not confirmed they got him.

MLB Trade Rumors
Yankees Claim Esmil Rogers mlbtraderumors.com/?p=40408

I would assume Yankees will try to keep Headley, Drew & Prado (on contract through 2016) after this year. Maybe make a run at another infielder if someone's market really dwindles.

But it really paves the way for them to be able to spend a lot of money on Starting Pitching.

Last edited:
That's fine to get rid of him. Wasn't that great to begin with.

Now we can move Ichiro and Roberts to the bench and monitor Lee for the waiver deadline.

MLB Trade Rumors
Reports: Astros will receive Colin Moran, Jake Marisnick, and comp pick in exchange for Jarred Cosart and Enrique Hernandez of Marlins.

Better for Houston.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom