2015 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: GB loses Div Rd, MIN loses WC Rd, DET/CHI N/A

I fully expect the Lions to average 30 a game
I'm gonna start to tally the ridiculous preseason comments made by Lions fans. 
laugh.gif

So far we have them winning the division at 12-4 with a 5-1 division record, averaging 30 PPG and still maintaining a top defense even after losing Suh.

Hopefully we can keep on building from this. Keep it up fellas. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
How is any of that ridiculous? We went 5-1 in the division last year. The offense sputtered all season long and we still went 11-5. Another year under Joe Lombardi with the whole core of the offense back and a better offensive line and we can't win ONE more game? Now who really sounds ridiculous? Our kicker legit lost us about 3 games last year [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The Lions have arrived, y'all dudes just gone have to face it. We been to the lowest of the lows but y'all couldn't keep us down forever. Only thing guaranteed in life is change...Its a new day.

How is any of that ridiculous? We went 5-1 in the division last year. The offense sputtered all season long and we still went 11-5. Another year under Joe Lombardi with the whole core of the offense back and a better offensive line and we can't win ONE more game? Now who really sounds ridiculous? Our kicker legit lost us about 3 games last year [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The Lions have arrived, y'all dudes just gone have to face it. We been to the lowest of the lows but y'all couldn't keep us down forever. Only thing guaranteed in life is change...Its a new day.
nthat.gif

How is any of that ridiculous? We went 5-1 in the division last year. The offense sputtered all season long and we still went 11-5. Another year under Joe Lombardi with the whole core of the offense back and a better offensive line and we can't win ONE more game? Now who really sounds ridiculous?

Beyond ridiculous.

See, you don't even realize that your dropoff has nothing to do with the offense.

Your defense finished No. 2 in the league in total yards by opposing offenses
Your defense had the No. 1 rush defense in the league, and the next closest was 10.5 YPG worse!
Your defense was No. 2 for 'points against' in the league, with 17.6 PPG

And so you let your two elite interior defensive linemen get away, one of which signed the richest contract in Miami Dolphins history (a franchise that has been around since 1966).... even though you're in a division with Eddie Lacy, Matt Forte and Adrian Peterson -> who wasn't even there in 2014. Fairley graded out as a Top-10 defensive tackle last year in that eight-game stretch during Oct and part of one more month when he was healthy, then he got injured and missed the rest of the season.

It's hilarious, and no year other than this year is proving how much (little) the Detroit Lions fans actually know about football. Your fans fit your team. This is why you will get the 'Que?' year after year and enjoy every damn second of it :smokin

Last edited:
Defense will still be top 10...You just can't seem to understand how the defense had a good pieces other than Suh and your boy Nick Fairly. The Lions offense was damn near at the bottom of the league last year, you really think they're not about to be MUCH MUCH BETTER than last year with all those weapons? LOL

But **** all that, I watched every snap. It's nothing you can tell me about a team you probably seen play twice last year. Don't worry though, you'll have plenty of chances to see them this season, we got 6 nationally televised games for you to get familiar.

I mean I'm no football expert by any means. Basketball always has been and always will be my go-top sport. And I have no idea who the Lions have filling their gap at DT.

But I'm pretty sure that losing half of the best DL in the NFL usually leads to more than a little bit of a drop off. Especially when one of those linemen is one of the best defensive players in the NFL and paved the way for the entire defense with the amount of attention he commanded in the middle.

I mean as a Bears fan, I remember our defense taking a significant step back after we lost Tommie Harris in the middle of that defense. And Harris wasnt nearly as good as Suh is and the 2014 Lions defense wasnt nearly as good as the 05-06 Bears D. Nor was Harris our best defensive player like Suh has been for Detroit the past couple of seasons. The Lions dont have anyone as dominant as Urlacher in the middle to rely on.

But yeah I love the enthusiasm. 12-4 baby. Keep hating.

Last edited:
You guys ever wonder why Suh, Fairley and co were together for years and never were an elite defense until last year?

You guys ever wonder how we lost starter after starter on defense and didn't miss a beat?

Nick Fairley won't be missed at all.

Suh is a hall of famer but it's not like Haloti Ngata is some bum.

I do see a slight drop off from the defense and it will still be top 8 and the offense is going to flourish by leaps and bounds

Bob Griffin getting his *** mauled by this defense [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Bob Griffin getting his *** mauled by this defense [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

What's hilarious is that the Vikings offensive line is as atrocious as the Skins but Lions fans are crazy for thinking we are going to be a decent team. :lol:

Last edited:
What's hilarious is that the Vikings offensive line is as atrocious as the Skins but Lions fans are crazy for thinking we are going to be a decent team. :lol:

They don't believe none of that **** they're saying man, especially jpzx jpzx . If he wasn't in here talking crazy no one would even be bringing the Vikings up in the discussion.

In football when only two DTs play at a time and one of those DTs you lost was far and away the best defensive player on your team and one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL, and definitely the player most responsible for that run defense, it's gonna make a pretty significant difference. Like I said, I saw it happen first hand to the Bears a couple of years ago with Tommie Harris, who wasnt nearly as good as Suh, so I have a good enough idea of what should be expected. 

So to respond to the above statement, yes. One or two players can make a huge difference in an all-time great run defense. When the position they play only uses 1 or 2 players at a time, and is probably the most important position on the field regarding run defense. Since they are ones responsible for winning the battle at the line of scrimmage, getting into the back field, and making life a lot easier for the rest of the team. The Lions defense is far from "stacked," they just had a stacked DL last season that was the best in the NFL. This made things a lot easier for the rest of the bunch. IMO you wont truly realize how important Suh was for the entire defense until you see them play more games without him.

Even beyond Tommie Harris, the Bears were still able to hold things down (more or less) when we lost him because of all the talent we had on that all-time great defense. We had pro bowlers all over the field at every position. But when we lost Urlacher to injury in a couple of those seasons, our ENTIRE defense sacrificed. They went from an elite unit to absolutely miserable in the blink of an eye because Urlacher was the MVP of that defense and the player who held it all together as the MLB in Lovie's Cover 2 defense. Suh was more or less your Urlacher. IMO you're crazy if you think you will just lose a player like that and barely miss a beat. It's gonna hurt.

Listen if you want to predict the Lions going 12-4, averaging 30+ PPG and once again having a top defense in the NFL, more power to you. I can't tell you that they wont. However, I can tell you how much I think yall sound like homers as somebody with an outsider's perspective, and hold you accountable for these statements later in the season if/when the Lions underachieve. But if the Lions do somehow live up to your lofty expectations, I will also be the first one to give you props. I just think you are getting very carried away with your extreme bias.

Last edited:
Hey! Let's just take Kevin Williams and Pat Williams off of the 2008 Vikings and see if they sink or swim!

Well ****, zero buoyancy.

It amazing to me that you idiots keep bringing up Suh leaving without acknowledging he is replaced by another half of famer.

And once again look the stats from the 9.5 games Nick Fairley didn't play last season.

But hey you ****boys think the Vikings improved despite maybe having the worst offensive line in football.

But hey you ****boys think the Vikings improved despite maybe having the worst offensive line in football.
I'm actually a Bears fan but I can remain realistic and know when my teams arent very good when they arent.

And Idk how good the Vikings will be this year, but if you don't consider a 7-9 team getting back arguably the best RB in the NFL after missing an entire year and who's impressive rookie QB will be entering his 2nd season to be "improved," then you are just blinded by hate. I wouldn't say that the Lions will definitely be better than Minnesota this season, and I hate both of those teams.

Also also Ngata is passed his prime and Suh had as many sacks last season as Ngata did the past 3 and more tackles last season than Ngata did in his past 2. It's night and day. Keep spinning losing Suh as no big deal for a team that was carried by the best DL in the NFL, you'll figure it out eventually.

Last edited:
Ngata is passed his prime but a 30 year old running back that hasn't played in a year is guaranteed to beast with the worst line in football?

You already admitted you don't follow football like that so just sit this one out

Keeping it funky if you think sacks are the end all be for d-tackle production you should really sit this one out.

Last edited:
it’s the passing game Detroit should be concerned about. Ngata’s ability to push the pocket and make plays on passing downs has always been underrated, but at this point of his career, he just isn’t close to Suh, who can fold a guard in half and blow right by him. If Detroit’s plan is for Ngata to play a lot of nose tackle, then the Lions still need a 3-technique type who can get pressure on quarterbacks — and that’s where we start grasping at straws. Nick Fairley was that player and more before getting hurt last year, and now he’s gone, too. The Lions’ other listed defensive tackles are Tyrunn Walker, Caraun Reid, and rookie Gabe Wright. If you don’t know who any of those people are, that’s OK. You probably shouldn’t.

via Grantland

I post this not because I need somebody to speak for me - because I've outlined my thoughts in bold detail already - but because you won't listen to anybody but your own glass-half-full the cupeth tippeth over Veronica Corningston-esque cognitivity, if I may make up a word and embody the Ch. 4 news team lead anchor for a quick second.

And the Vikings offensive line returns RG Brandon Fusco, who graded out as a Top-10 run-blocking guard in 2012, and then Top-3 in 2013.

Though, he is taking over at LG now, since the Vikings rid themselves of longtime starting LG Charlie Johnson, who started all 61 games he played with us at LG.

You know where Charlie Johnson is now? Charlie Johnson is nowhere. Nobody signed him.

So bringing back one of the best run-blocking offensive lineman in all of football, and getting rid of one of - if not the - worst ... won't change anything? You realize that the Vikings offensive line was only piss poor, like bottom of the barrel, for their pass-blocking acumen last year, not their run blocking? Asiata and McKinnon, two guys who shouldn't have been able to step in last year and have good years, stepped in and had good years.

Last edited:
We had Suh for years without being in the top 10 on defense...Teryl Austin is the main reason our defense was the way it was and last time i checked he's still the defensive coordinator and will most likely be a head coach next year. Do your googles B.

We had Suh for years without being in the top 10 on defense...Teryl Austin is the main reason our defense was the way it was and last time i checked he's still the defensive coordinator and will most likely be a head coach next year. Do your googles B.
By that logic I guess the Bears defense will magically turn around because we brought in Vic Fangio, who has ran one of the best defenses in the NFL in San Fran over the past 5 years. Thanks for that insight. 
laugh.gif

And @SneakerPro I never said Ngata is bad. Just that he is passed his prime and nowhere near the level of Suh in the apex of his prime years. Suh is the best DT in the game right now. I know tackles and sacks arent the end all be all for DTs but it's just a tangible example of the some of the production you will be losing from Suh. And most of the intangible stuff you are losing that you don't find in the stat sheet are even more of a testament to Suh's dominance than the sack and tackle numbers.

Also, I never said AP will necessarily be a beast. You need to learn how to read better brother. I mean, he certainly might be a beast considering that AP is the best RB I have ever seen in my lifetime of watching football and he is only 30 and fresh as can be after missing a year, but I was just pointing out that he is an upgrade over what they had last season when the Vikings went 7-9, and thus he will improve the team. You know, since you said the Vikings wont be improved this season. 

I did not say Ngata is passed his prime and AP isnt, which seems to be what you took away from what I wrote. I just said that Ngata is a significant downgrade to what you had last year (Suh) while AP is a significant improvement over what the Vikings had last year, when they werent even a bad team.

But yeah, I can see that I cant win vs yall and your homerism. Nor do I even want to, because in all honesty it is extremely entertaining. I'll just wait for the season to start and watch you likely be proven wrong by the only thing you will listen to: on field results. So I will follow your advice and sit this one out and go back to being an extremely amused observer. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm ready for the season to start. ******* Lions. :lol:

I can't wait to see the deflection when AP rips through Ngata and the Lions D for 150.

So Haloti Ngata wasn't one of the most passing rushing productive 3 techs in the league last year?

Dude was playing nose in 3-4 for years and you dudes are wondering why his sacks numbers are down

When he's playing the 3 hes been good

Ngata is a beast. I was being hyperbolic.

I do think the Lions are a notch or two down from last year while the Vikings a notch or two up. It'll be fun.

Top to bottom this is the best Lions roster of my lifetime.

My only concern is the right tackle and backup quarterback position

Back
Top Bottom