2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Shorty look good and her knowing what she's talking about :evil:

Could do with less make-up though.

DeAndre Jordan will visit Knicks
June 26th, 2015 5:33 pm
Center DeAndre Jordan will visit the Knicks, among other teams, in his free agency search (June 26).

Jordan will also reportedly take visits with the Lakers, Mavericks and Bucks.

He reportedly wants “to be more involved in the offense and wants to be an All-Star,” according to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times (June 26).

Jordan averaged 11.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 2.2 blocks in 34.4 minutes per game last season for the Clippers.
I'd be fine with him as long as it's a 5 years for 10 mil.

Maybe get H20 to teach him how to make FTs.

I don't want Jimmy Butler on this team at all.
we might have to let Melo walk in the future

What Future? This is the Knicks, we worry about right now.
Where he gonna walk to when he 36? :lol:

His best bet then would be the Spurs if Pop is still there and he wants him.

Last edited:
I could live with Robin and Monroe.

Robin
Monroe
Melo
Guard
Grant

Zinger
Galloway

That's a decent core. Really depends on how that bench fills out and who the 2 is.

I think JRS should've accepted the job offer to interview cam girls :smh:

I was hooking him up with a job through the editor in chief of a website

robin lopez is not getting or worth 12+ mil foh :rofl:
Won't be us but I wouldn't be surprised if some team overpaid for Lopez's offensive ability while being aware of his lack of defense and idiotically ignoring his injury woes.
Guys you don't have that much cap space

Tobias - $15mil
Monroe - $15mil
Afflalo - $8-12mil
Green - $10-12mil
Lopez - $12mil +
DeAndre - $20mil

You guys have less than $30mil in cap space.
I'm fine with Monroe and Green.

Monroe and Afflalo would be good as well.
What's the obsession with Danny Green here?
Maybe I've missed the posts to see the "obsession" in here but Danny Green is a very good guard. He's proven in championship moments. Thought Pop was losing it a bit when he let him go from the Spurs just cuz Patty Mills showed and proved a bit.

He isn't the very best guard out there but it's not like we need the very best guard (most expensive as well) anyway.

our max needs to go to 4 guys love, gasol, jimmy, and aldrich if we miss out on either one then i agree just pick up mid level guys... if you look at the roster of the warriors and last years spurs those teams were very deep including the bench so we need to focus on that and pick up a max guy next summer if we miss out now...my mid level guys would be danny green, affalo, robin lopez, Brandan Wright, austin rivers, Al-Farouq Aminu, aaron brooks, brandon bass and Marco Belinelli

IDK about Deandre. I'd prefer a big who can at least make plays, hit a free throw or something if your offense is lacking. However

DeAndre Jordan
David West
Melo
J. Butler
Grant

Sounds legit ! I know DJ brings defense but i dont like the idea of giving $100M to a dude who wont play the last 5 minutes in crunch time
Bro you stay crazy... Deandre, Butler, and West? :lol:

Id like to stay away from Lopez or really any starting center for that matter. Give the Zinger a chance. No need to draft Zinger and then sign Robin Lopez or DeAndre Jordan to some huge max deal. I think he will surprise a lot of yall from the jump.

Stay with the young foundation and only invest big dollars in necessities. That is why I like Danny Green/David West combo as the 2 only "big name" type free agents we sign.

Just round out the starting lineup around Grant, Melo, and Zinger. Give Melo the shine as the star. Throw the young guys in the action from the start. And round out the ineup with 2-way battle tested vets who everyone can learn from.

Everyone in that lineup brings something to the table. Everyone in that lineup can hit a jump shot and they are all more or less 2 way players.

Imo that lineup can take you to the playoffs in the east year 1 with relative ease. Anything more than that would be unrealistic but Grant and Zinger would likely be so much better by year 2 after being starters out the gate and learning from vets and we would save the big fish max type of $ for next summer's free agency class.

really don't want West at $8M per, rather sign someone like Darrell Arthur for $4M per

really don't want West at $8M per, rather sign someone like Darrell Arthur for $4M per
IMO that is sacrificing at least 10 wins and some valuable leadership experience for $4 mil. Arthur sucks. Im not down to overspend on West per say, part of the reason I like him is because he probably comes along with a cheapish price tag for not a lot of years, but we still need to try and win now as much as possible. We cant just sign a bunch of bums this summer.

All about maximizing value. West at &8 mil is FAR greater value than Arthur at $4 mil.

Last edited:
heard we're looking at a 2/$16M deal for West..
If thats what it is IMO lock it up.

I agree with JRS. Dont want to be throwing years at DWest. But he isnt going to take a 1 year deal. IMO $8 mil is a more than reasonable amount for West.

He eats up unused cap space in year one. And then next summer, if we need the extra cap space, I am sure we will be able to trade him to somebody as an expiring contract if we need to. And if we dont need the extra cap space, we can keep him around as a veteran leader. He can be like our new KMart, except much more productive during the next 2 seasons.

IMO West is still a very capable starting 4 right now. It all depends on the fit. And I think him in the middle of Melo/Zinger in NYC and in the triangle, would be great for him as he finishes up his prime.

Jimmy Butler getting a max from us? That's some Scott Layden ****. Yall wild. FOOHWTBS
^i think u got your lopez bros mixed up bro
:lol: I did.

I thought it was Brooke that was a FA.

Robin with the wild hair that was on the Blazers? Who giving him all that money? :lol: and for what exactly? He's a decent rim protector, maybe a little better in the east but really I can just see him being a foul factory.

Son is a Junkyard dog/Jared Jeffries type player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom