2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Stil have no idea how we won. In years past this woulda been a guaranteed L regardless of what type of lead we had.

Why am I not seeing the highlights from our game on TNT? I just got home and I'm dying to hear the highlights or their analysis. And they only showed the damn score while they were beat boxing on the table
Like do they not wanna talk about lebron losing his first game?

Last edited:
Why am I not seeing the highlights from our game on TNT? I just got home and I'm dying to hear the highlights or their analysis. And they only showed the damn score while they were beat boxing on the table
well you should know how it is by now

had the cavalilers won the highlights would've gone on for a while

@HerringWSJ: What I liked most abt was Fisher seeming to show he doesn't care a ton about player reputations when determining someone's minutes.

@HerringWSJ: Became very clear, very early, that Dalembert wouldnt be a good fit for this game. Fisher played him for just five minutes of action.

@HerringWSJ: Fisher did the same thing w Hardaway, who struggles in small-ball scenarios because of poor rebounding. Sets a really important precedent...

@HerringWSJ: ...that winning comes before worrying about how someone will react to only getting X amount of minutes in a game. Thats refreshing to know.

@HerringWSJ: What I liked most abt was Fisher seeming to show he doesn't care a ton about player reputations when determining someone's minutes.

@HerringWSJ: Became very clear, very early, that Dalembert wouldnt be a good fit for this game. Fisher played him for just five minutes of action.

@HerringWSJ: Fisher did the same thing w Hardaway, who struggles in small-ball scenarios because of poor rebounding. Sets a really important precedent...

@HerringWSJ: ...that winning comes before worrying about how someone will react to only getting X amount of minutes in a game. Thats refreshing to know.
Biggest thing to me was Fisher correctly managing Melo's minutes. Carmelo had 5 fouls and carried most of the offensive load (as usual), but wasn't completely exhausted by the end like he used to be last season with Coach Sn.

I get that Sn knew he was coaching for his job. He never bothered to reverse the trend though.

I know it's way too early for definitive statements on one game. I'm just glad we ruined Cleveland's overhyped *** homecoming party and I'll remember how good I felt about this when we get drummed later in the year.
smokin.gif

Idk what is. New coach, new system, new players, new season...Things just felt different today. Like someone mentioned earlier, this would've been a guaranteed L in past seasons. The Knicks would've somehow lost that lead.

I'm liking Coach Fisher, smart and efficient.

Shocked we got the W last night, After the 1st quarter I thought it was another blow out coming. We played good at times, the passing has definetly improved and we are playing more as a team.

I gotta say though, Charles Barkley p1ssed me off with his Knicks slander right through the game :smh:

After the 1st quarter I thought it was another blow out coming. We played good at times, the passing has definetly improved and we are playing more as a team.

i mean, everyone knew the Cavs were gonna come out swinging bc of the new hype.
we showed a lot of heart out there as opposed to the Bulls game. we didnt fold and give up.

Melo still getting no respect from the refs. Melo almost fouling out? foh.
and looks like Bron taught Kyrie/K Love the 'snap my head back to get the call' BS

we were running plays yall. still cant get used to it. especially down the stretch.
when the Cavs went on a run late in the 4th, youd usually see Melo call for the post up
they were running a play and JR came up huge with 2 big shots.

it looks like they 'believe' in the system.
:smokin

Reggie was mad annoying with all the 'well, THAT didnt look like the triangle'
kept on repeating that 'joke' like it was funny the first time. idiot

It's funny how they were criticizing the Knicks isolation plays and our "hexagon offense" but didn't say a damn thing about that joke of a offense Cleveland was running. Waiters , Hot Sauce, and Lebron were taking awful shots all night long. Also Varajao annoyed the hell out of me with his offensive boards and Kareem sky hooks against Dalembert

Last edited:
Played a ****** 1Q, down 11 in a tough environment. Came back and totally outplayed the Cavs in every aspect. The ball movement was there, the defense was there, Melo wasnt run into the ground and came in and put the nail in the coffin.

I like what Ive seen from Fisher. Like Phil in a sense in letting the players on the floor figure it out. The team was communicating with each other.

I hate Reggie and Chuck. The Bulls and Lakers didnt run the Triangle every possession, and they stopped running it completely in the last half of the 4Qs. Idiots.

Did anyone notice how Shump ran the point the last two minutes of the game, and did it well.....I thought that was brilliant.

Did anyone notice how Shump ran the point the last two minutes of the game, and did it well.....I thought that was brilliant.

Yup. Phil likes having bigger 2s and 3s running points a la Harper, Pippen, Kobe. Creates mismatches on both ends as we saw Dalledova trying to guard him.

Shump beats his man on his first move, but brings the ball back. I hate that ****. He had a driving layup last night that looked great once he kept going.

i was honestly surprised by his ability to not get in the way in the last few minutes

i guess that's good, right? he played mediocre for most of the game though

That what Fish & Phil is trying to groom him into , that big triangle PG Ron Harper type roll. If he can become a consistent 3rd PG in this offense Prig's days are numbered as a everyday player when Calderon comes back.

Happy Halloween, y'all.

I admit that I was shocked to see the W last night. Derek Fisher's coaching ability showed some promising potentials. I like the way he kept playing two bigs to keep Melo away from physical at the boards. I know it's still early, but I believe Fisher will be a very good coach for us. He's more than a puppet. I am impressed with Phil Jackson and his scouts. I wondered why he made a trade with the Kings last August. I can see why he made that trade. Quincy Acy is a heck of a player who doesn't put up big numbers on the paper. Larkin looked more comfortable last night than his Knicks debut game. Jason Smith's jumper is wet. Remind me of Kurt Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom