2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

@jonahballow: Porzingis told me he made the adjustment on his own to front Okafor in the 2nd half.

@arkcrawford: Fisher says that there's nothing more Ndour can do to impress staff and audition for a roster spot. Cited length on D & shooting as pluses.

@arkcrawford: Fisher said one of his goals here has been to let Porzingis play according to instinct. Feels it's the best way for him to learn.

Last edited:
Zingiskhan might be a liability on the boards, especially early on.

Again, we really can't make any conclusions from just summer league, but his "instincts" look good. Keep his confidence high and hope he has a good rookie season.

Kristaps better attempt 12 shots minimum during the regular season.

Lopez and Melo should somewhat mask his rebounding deficiencies though.

I'm not too worried about Porzingis and the boards as long as he contests shots and boxes out. Robin Lopez will box out for sure. Could be a career year for Melo on the boards...

Zingiskhan might be a liability on the boards, especially early on.

Again, we really can't make any conclusions from just summer league, but his "instincts" look good. Keep his confidence high and hope he has a good rookie season.
Meh. Today he gave a presence that allowed his teammates to grab boards and altered/blocked shots. Once he puts on weight and is placed next to rolo he should be...fine? :lol:

I guess Fishers idea isn't bad. It's only summer league, so let him play according to his instinct and allow him to find what works for him first to settle, gain comfortably and confidence. If hes assertive or revert to his own will, or that's what I'm assuming is going on. Preseason will be where we see more of KTaps.

seems like every SL we find a decent rotation player...Copeland, Tyler, Galloway, & now Ndour

Doesnt Ndour have a contract with a Euro team? I thought I read somewhere that he cant be on this years roster...

Last edited:
Porzingis impressive in swatting Okafor
2h
Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

The New York Knicks beat the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday to improve to 3-0 in Las Vegas Summer League play.

Here are a few observations from the game:

Porzingis stifles Okafor: Knicks rookie Kristaps Porzingis more than held his own in a matchup with No. 3 pick Jahlil Okafor.

Porzingis, the No. 4 overall pick, finished with nine points (3-for-5 shooting), three rebounds, three blocks, three assists and a steal in 21 minutes.

Okafor scored 18 points on 8-for-18 shooting and pulled down eight rebounds in 30 minutes.

Porzingis opened the game with a jump shot over Okafor from just inside the 3-point arc. A few possessions, the 7-1 forward drew a foul on Okafor on a dribble drive.

After that sequence, Okafor started to have his way with Porzingis in the post. The former Blue Devil scored or drew a foul on Porzingis in the post on three possessions.

Porzingis seemed to make an adjustment on Okafor in the second half, choosing to deny the entry pass on some possessions.

He also blocked three of Okafor’s shots in the second half and overtime, once on an Okafor drive across the lane that ended in a reverse layup attempt getting turned away.

"He has looked good. Super long. He'll get thrown around for a couple years, but I like the pick," one NBA scout who watched Porzingis in Las Vegas said.

Ndour dominant: Maurice Ndour put together a strong case for earning a training camp invite -- and maybe a roster spot -- by scoring 23 points on 10-for-15 shooting against Philadelphia. The 6-9 Ndour was active on defense and scored 13 points in the fourth quarter.

Ndour, 23, has an interesting background that may help him operate in the triangle offense. He grew up in Senegal and went to high school in Japan to play basketball. In Japan, he learned the game the way many Europeans are taught -- playing positionless basketball with focuses on shooting, passing and ball handling.

The triangle asks all players on the floor, including bigs, to shoot from different spots on the floor and pass to cutting players.

Ndour has shown an ability to knock down a midrange jump shot and has been a pest on defense. The Knicks outscored the Sixers by 13 points with Ndour on the floor on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if the Knicks give Ndour a training camp invite or an opportunity to earn a roster spot. It’s not a stretch to think that Ndour could garner strong offers from teams overseas after what he’s shown in Las Vegas.

Great night for Grant: Knicks rookie Jerian Grant had 12 points, four assists and five rebounds in 30 minutes. Grant found Cleanthony Early (13 points) on a back-door cut for a dunk to give the Knicks a four-point lead in OT with 31.8 seconds to play.... Porzingis made a rookie mistake late in regulation. He gave the Knicks a three-point lead with seven seconds to play when he drew a foul and knocked down two free throws. On the ensuing possession, Porzingis fouled Scottie Wilbekin on a 3-point attempt, which allowed the Sixers to tie the game and send it to overtime.

Ndour played high school basketball in Japan. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Since you guys hated Zinger so much on draft night we'll be happy to trade you guys scoring machine Nick Swaggy P Young for him.

Consider it a favor :smokin

might be the first year I Seriously watched summer league but things are looking good so far. I think Jerian Grant is gonna pan out well and zingus is a working progress but a move in the right direction

Since you guys hated Zinger so much on draft night we'll be happy to trade you guys scoring machine Nick Swaggy P Young for him.

Consider it a favor :smokin

I was upset, not stupid :lol:

close20door-gif.25346

I guess it's a nitpick or whatever but at 7'3" you shouldn't be a liability on the boards.

Rebounding is more about positioning, less about height. It's more of a strength issue(which can be corrected). He just needs to get enough strength to box out other big men. That'll come in time. Melo & RoLo can help in the rebounding department though.

Back
Top Bottom