2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Rebounding is more about positioning, less about height. It's more of a strength issue(which can be corrected). He just needs to get enough strength to box out other big men. That'll come in time. Melo & RoLo can help in the rebounding department though.

Totally understand that. Someone shared their opinion that he might be a liability on the boards. I was simply reacting to that. I guess I could've phrased it differently but there have been tons of guys with height who couldn't rebound because they didn't box out or just lacked the desire. With that being said I personally am not worried about either with him. He has good footwork from what I've seen and like you said the strength will come but he has the fundamentals.

do you even basketball bro?

you probably dont even watch the games, he boxes out every single time and rarely gives up offensive boards :rolleyes i hate when ppl say stuff like this and prolly dont even play ball

You having a bad morning or something bro?
Chris-Tucker--nothearingthat_zps6bed901c.gif~c200

Last edited:
Definitely no to Ty.

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 1m1 minute ago
The #Knicks are the 5 seed & will face the winner of the Kings-Warriors game. NY will play on Thurs at 4:30 EDT.

Last edited:
OKB posted about it in the NBA thread, but players at his height historically aren't the greatest rebounders. But just because they might not grab the most rebounds it doesn't mean they're a negative in that regard... they'll often draw more attention because of their size which opens up rebounds for other players. I believe despite Roy Hibbert's average rebounding numbers for someone his size, his team rebounds far better when he's on the floor.

Alexey Shved has signed a three-season deal with Russian club Khimki Moscow with NBA outs included.

Probably getting paid more over there.

No way. Don't believe it. He's good enough to average 8-10 ppg in the NBA. If guys like Shumpert can get 4 years $40 Million, there's no reason why he can't get something in the NBA paying him more than $2 million.

Last edited:
Probably getting paid more over there.

No way. Don't believe it. He's good enough to average 8-10 ppg in the NBA. If guys like Shumpert can get 4 years $40 Million, there's no reason why he can't get something in the NBA paying him more than $2 million.
Shved is a fringe guy. Shumpert might be a bum but he's a proven bum :lol:

Shved got a good rep in Europe. He wants more than the 2.8 being offered. Even if he's making less he's might be provided a crib, a car and no taxes.

I believe Shved is making more than $2.8 mil out in Europe.

You have to also understand that Shved was simply playing out his contract this season. He had no choice basically.

But in the last year Shved has been on 4 NBA teams all across the country (Minnesota, Philly, Houston, NY), he is not an American and might have just wanted no part of going through that process again.

By taking the $2.8 mil from the Knicks he would basically become a "fringe" player once again and could very likely be dealt again. It might have been more than the money. He might have wanted the Knicks (or someone else) to invest more than that in him to avoid constantly being moved around as a trade piece/throw in as opposed to a basketball player.

He has stability back in Russia. And money. Cant fault the dude for wanting that. I wish him the best.

EDIT: I think Shved actually wanted the full $2.8 mil exception the Knicks had left to use, and we wouldnt offer all of that. So it makes sense in him leaving because we wouldnt invest our full loyalty to him in the form of the full $2.8 million offer. In addition to him making about or more than that in Russia, which I believe he is.

I think the only thing that could have enticed Shved to stay in the States and go through the unpredictable NBA process again was money. If the money is equal, or around equal (which it was without the $2.8 mil offer), dude prefers the stability of Russia. Again, cant fault him for that.

Last edited:
Alexey Shved has signed a three-season deal with Russian club Khimki Moscow with NBA outs included.

Why? He's good enough to get a roster spot on an NBA team. Doesn't make sense to me.

he might be good enough for a roster spot in the NBA but in Russia he's good enough to start & play more mins

also more money

He's good enough to get 15-20 mins in the NBA. I personally think he's selling himself too short.

Back
Top Bottom