2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Ex machina gave me the most awkward

2000px-Ericsson_logo.svg.png

That dance scene from Ex Machina is probably the best and most entertaining scene I saw all of last year. So unexpected and awesome. Oscar Isaac is that dude.

Ex Machina was weird as hell but I liked it

Serious serious mind screw of a movie.. So much going on with literally only a couple people in the whole thing

Great movie

Ex Machina was weird as hell but I liked it

It was such an uncomfortable movie but it was excellent.
The use of music (especially in a certain scene in a bathroom in front of a mirror - no spoilers) was so effected. Felt very Kubrick-esque.

Overall a lot of it reminded me of The Shining visually too, thinking back on it.

Last edited:
It was actually a decent year for film, just not "Oscar type films"

It's a year that gave us a Tarantino movie, Star Wars, Jurassic World, Avengers (meh), Furious 7 (meh but people love it), a hunger games movie-I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 broke the total movie grossing record

Hateful 8 and Reverent were cool. Slightly overrated...but I enjoyed them. Don't think they're "memorable" though. Just solid movies. Admittedly, I've never been into Star Wars so that didn't connect with me. Jurassic World, Hunger Games and Furious 7 just aren't good to me.

That dance scene from Ex Machina is probably the best and most entertaining scene I saw all of last year. So unexpected and awesome. Oscar Isaac is that dude.

Agreed on all of this

Last edited:
Agree with all the comments about Ex-Machina. Probably the only movie I saw last year that had me walking out thinking "What the **** did I just watch?"

Only a handful of movies these days force viewers to actually use their brain because studios are afraid they will not have success in the box office.

That is why we keep getting **** Transformers movies every couple years.

"I'm going to tear up the ******** dance floor dude, check it out"

That dance seen was so awkward and random. That movie is better than the majority of movies nominated though.

Back
Top Bottom