2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Alot of great dialogue in here. Fact of the matter is, Jada wouldnt have said a word, if "Concussion" was nominated for something. I don't believe you can create another award show to rival the "Oscars", in terms of validity and credibility, and worth. Every time African Americans create something, people say its "Hood" or "Cheap". It's not respected at all by the masses. Why that is? Well, thats a whole 'mother discussion.

This is what needs to be done, Minorities have just got to push even harder for their work to be recognized. It will be acknowledged with work ethic and consistency. It's very sad to see Halle Berry be the only female of color to win Best Actress. David Owelyo (spellcheck) said it best. Minorities aren't really recognized for roles unless it fits their history or stereotype. Very true and i agree. We as minorities and people of color just need to fight and work a thousand times harder, so that our work is credible enough and legit enough to be undeniable and then we will see the shift in award winners.

What? Excelling in something doesn't mean people won't deny you what you've earned. History has taught us that. You're preaching the same thing that's always been said. Working to be in the position to give the recognition is the better approach, but even that is harder said than done.

It is but creating a "Black Oscars" is only going to backfire against African American actors and actresses in the end. When i say "backfire" i mean, no one besides the Black community is going to take it serious nor credible. So we'll be alienating more and more Black actors form working with directors and studios who have other backgrounds besides Black.

Originally Posted by nickmaz96

Toy Story
smokin.gif
My girl don't like it, yo.

Been together 2 years and every time she mentions getting married, I can't bring myself to letting her know how big of a deal this is.

Not like Toy Story?

How does one... you can't... not like Toy Story.

I need to try and watch inside out again. I got bored watching it and turned it off.

[quote name="DarthSka" url="/t/642817/2016-academy-awards-oscars-nominees-announced-today-february-28th/1050#post_25302685"]My girl don't like it, yo.

Been together 2 years and every time she mentions getting married, I can't bring myself to letting her know how big of a deal this is.

Not like Toy Story?

How does one... you can't... not like Toy Story.
[/quote]

:x

I really hope Kevin Hart doesn't host next year. I can't take anymore of the animated short and waving my arms jokes anymore.

Liking the lingerie damcers. Waa hoping they'd have the same wardrobe from the music video.

Back
Top Bottom