2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

The Aviator was Leo's best performance.

Agreed,not my favorite movie of his but he definitely would've gotten best actor if it wasn't for Jamie Foxx having the performance of his life :lol:

What's everyone's favorite Leonardo DiCaprio film?

I'm going with Inception

Blood diamond.. Or gangs

Need to watch basketball diaries again

how did i forget about Gangs of New York. Son held his own against DDL the god

Like I said,nothing but classics between Leo and Scorsese :pimp:. Gangs is pretty underrated though I find

Last edited:

[QUOTE name="EarldaGoat" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1932077/[/URL]"]
Originally Posted by EarldaGoat 
View media item 1932077
Help me out. Gilbert Grape, Titanic?, Catch Me?, Wolf, Revenant
Gilbert, Aviator, Blood Diamond, Wolf, Revenant

Those are his nominated roles
[/quote]I think he was also nominated for his role in Django, wasn't he? or did that year ppl were just complaining how he wasn't nominated? :lol:

I know it's the nominated roles but I think it's a bit of a reach to say he's been chasing an Oscar since Gilbert Grape :lol:
What's everyone's favorite Leonardo DiCaprio film?

I'm going with Inception
Catch Me If You Can

Wolf
Shutter Island
The Departed
Inception
Django
Let me stop now.
I've covered it in the past, but Leo was never really snubbed. He lost to equally deserving actors in the past.. in roles they weren't going to be beaten in. Whitaker in Last King of Scotland, Foxx in Ray, and Matthew McConaughey in Dallas Buyers.. Leo wasn't beating those guys in those years. He wasn't being snubbed, he just had bad luck.
It's like There Will Be Blood losing to No Country For Old Men. I get it.

Still feels like a snub.

He wasn't nominated for Django, Waltz got that nomination. 

He could have/should have won for that one, though. 

I know a lot of people argued that Walt was the lead actor in that one, rather than supporting.

Last edited:
But he should have won for Gilbert grape..

How him or y'all boy from Schindlers list didn't win, I have no clue.. Only people who should have been considered that year

Now that Leo finally has an Oscar, he should start making different types of movies. Like work with an unknown director, make a rom-com (ala Silver Linings), do a big budget action/super hero flick :lol:
exclusively working with the best directors in the business is leo's "thing" though

major part of why he's overrated as an actor and so many people like him
:rofl:

First time popping in this thread but glad to see the president of the Leo Hater Club in here reppin' [emoji]128588[/emoji]

I must've missed the lynching jokes. Is the youtube up for all of the Chris Rock jokes in one nice vid a la Ricky Gervais? :nerd:

He wasn't nominated for Django, Waltz got that nomination. 

He could have/should have won for that one, though. 

I know a lot of people argued that Walt was the lead actor in that one, rather than supporting.

I thought Waltz was rightfully nominated in supporting. But if you can only pick one for supporting, idk how they went with Dr. Shultz over Candie. And I love Waltz in Django

Now that Leo finally has an Oscar, he should start making different types of movies. Like work with an unknown director, make a rom-com (ala Silver Linings), do a big budget action/super hero flick :lol:
exclusively working with the best directors in the business is leo's "thing" though

major part of why he's overrated as an actor and so many people like him
I mean he could still do some of the things suggested though;

Do a rom-com with Woody directing or David O. Russell, do a big budget action and/or superhero flick with George Miller or Ripley or Spielberg.

I know I'd like to see him do an indie flick and then do something once on cable like MM did. That way he'd get that Emmy much quicker.

Leo's speech>________

His mention of global warming. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

#Oscarssolong
It was long last year too but this year caught me off guard how far past their expected ending they went.

Same reason there is the Latin Grammys. To recognize works done for us by us (pun? not intended)

latin grammys are for all the latin music from different spanish speaking countries, its not the same :lol:
Word.

If yall want a black version of that be prepared to share it with every black movie made in Africa and the Caribbean on top of North America :lol:

No openly gay man has ever won an Oscar? That's really surprising, gotta look it up.

Chris Rock ruining the moment :lol:
I looked on wikipedia for other stuff and you'd be surprised how many firsts have yet to come.

I dunno why I thought all the black ppl during the struggle era broke down all the barriers and yelled first when they got in. Still has yet to be a black director to win best director.

So many other ones just happened this century :smh:

Back
Top Bottom