2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

if you think SOC was better directed than mad max you are either:

1. trolling

2. blind

3. dont know anything about flimmaking 

it would be like saying jr smith is a better basketball player than steph curry 
You have Team Mbenga in your sig and you're accusing someone of trolling? :lol:

And no, saying SOC is better would be like saying Tim Duncan was a better player than Blake Griffin.

if you think SOC was better directed than mad max you are either:

1. trolling

2. blind

3. dont know anything about flimmaking 

it would be like saying jr smith is a better basketball player than steph curry 
Bruh , Mad Max had minimal dialogue. It was mostly action sequences.
what does that have to do with directing?

do you know how hard it is to direct good action? 

mad max had near perfect:

cinematography

sound design

set design

visual effects

sound mixing

score

costume design

editing

it is technically as perfect a film you will ever watch 

SOC was just another movie

Book of Eli is the GOAT dystopian action film, Mad Max is just another big budget blockbuster with that's average at he end of the day.

book of eli 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't watch that many movies as I used to but this thread is telling me to go watch Mad Max asap :lol:

what does that have to do with directing?

do you know how hard it is to direct good action? 

mad max had near perfect:

cinematography

sound design

set design

visual effects

sound mixing

score

costume design

editing

it is technically as perfect a film you will ever watch 

SOC was just another movie

The only reason why I agree with this is because the Academy loved movies like The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Avatar and Titanic and none of them are known for solely for their acting but everything else was done beautifully.

But lets not think the Academy is known for picking the right stuff. They gave Birdman and Argo best picture films and I hated both.

Not a huge spoiler but my favorite scene.

sick.gif

EDIT: Someone tell me how to put this in a spoiler.

Last edited:
That cast. I was excited for The Big Short. Still haven't seen it.

I hear there's a lot of ham-fisted layman's explanations throughout the movie.

Book of Eli is the GOAT dystopian action film, Mad Max is just another big budget blockbuster with that's average at he end of the day.

LOL.

In the words of the great deuce queen, bless your heart, champ.

i enjoyed the Big Short. the only thing i found unnecessary was the cuts to the celebrities/professionals explaining ****. wont compalin about Margot Robbie in a bubble bath though.

Margot Robbie was distracting, but in a good way

Anthony Bortain was good

Selena Gomez was annoying and a poor casting choice, she looks too young to be gambling 

My argument for the films is that you cannot convince me that all the films/actors nominated did a better job than both films. Jenifer Lawrence has been playing the same role for 3 years now and has been nominated each time, Sly barely spoke English but supposedly gave a more Oscar worthy performance than the kid who played Eazy E?
Well that's just opinion.

Doesn't change that the Academy has higher standards and to them this movies and actors reached or exceeded those standards that they got vote in to be nominated.

JLaw has not been playing the same role the past 3 years. That's a whole other argument though :smh: I don't know what movies you've been watching with her in it.

Can't call it with Sly but I assume it's about the whole getting the same award 40 years a part thing that he got nominated.
Okay nvm.

:smh:

Selena Gomez was annoying and a poor casting choice, she looks too young to be gambling 
Wow talk about nitpicking :smh: That was not the point of that short little scene or any of them :lol:

Last edited:
I personally don't see a ton of range with JLaw, but then again I haven't seen American Hustle or Joy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ 'Okay nvm.'

This Big Short movie is so boring its hilarious, I mean i get it but it's starting to sound like Real estate economics for dummies. Steve Carrell yelling for no reason. Batman being a weirdo the entire movie. Brad Pitt's acting is forgettable. 

I can't even get myself to finish it.
It's based off a true story. The actors are playing real ppl.

The guy Carell played acts like that, the guy Gosling played is like that in real life, it's the same for the guys Bale and Pitt played.

If you found the movie boring okay but a complaint like that makes no sense when they explain why the characters are the way they are. They did that pretty well for the guys Carell and Bale played.

I thought it was hilarious and fun and still managed to be informative.

Wow talk about nitpicking
mean.gif
That was not the point of that short little scene or any of them
laugh.gif
i mean margot was there because she was fine as hell

bordain explained it using cooking

selena didnt fit into the context, didnt really seem to understand it and looked like a little kid

I'm just not a fan of her acting 
laugh.gif

I personally don't see a ton of range with JLaw, but then again I haven't seen American Hustle or Joy.:lol:

:rofl: @ 'Okay nvm.'

I saw American Hustle and Silver Linings and I can't say I liked either or. She's good but I think she'll have a movie with no real supporting actors that will really show her talents.

I personally don't see a ton of range with JLaw, but then again I haven't seen American Hustle or Joy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ 'Okay nvm.'
I saw American Hustle and Silver Linings and I can't say I liked either or. She's good but I think she'll have a movie with no real supporting actors that will really show her talents.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of Silver Linings Playbook. People rave about that movie, though.

If anything Bradley Cooper stole the show for me.

Back
Top Bottom