2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

creed's first professional fight scene is worthy of a best cinematography nom, that was incredible. 

hateful eight should be up for best picture

the first half of creed is the fresh prince theme song played backwards 

Straight Out of Compton was a glitzy, corny at times film that just moved from this, to that. That movie is truly average at best. Y'all let nostalgia and culture play with your emotions. Watch it again, I swear....it's really not even worth consideration.
agreed x 100. i actually shed a nostalgic tear watching that movie but it is definitely NOT an award winning movie :lol:

It's based off a true story. The actors are playing real ppl.

The guy Carell played acts like that, the guy Gosling played is like that in real life, it's the same for the guys Bale and Pitt played.

If you found the movie boring okay but a complaint like that makes no sense when they explain why the characters are the way they are. They did that pretty well for the guys Carell and Bale played.

I thought it was hilarious and fun and still managed to be informative.

You misunderstood me, the movie was done very well. I just don't care about the topic. I was funny at first but then started sounding like a broken record. I have no shame in admitting I just didn't care about the topic.

Gosling was probably my fave character but only cause its Gosling and I can never hate him.

Bale jamming out to metal was :nthat: :lol:  He is essentially me if I had that type of job and was allowed to do that. I'd bring in a drum set and annoy people with death metal.
Well if you don't care about the topic at all then you can't be all objective about it's Oscar nomination but you still found things to like about it.

There's been plenty movies where the topic isn't something I care about but it's done so well it hooks me or draws me in or thoroughly entertains me.

Notice how the Oscars only nominate serious issues white people care about. The housing market crashed, mad white people lost their homes=OSCAR!!!!!

COLD WAR=OSCARS!!!

White romance in Brooklyn=OSCARS!!!

Pathetic. 
Eh, this is just plain ignorant bias :lol:

Spotlight's about the corruption of the Catholic church and all those pedophile priests. Yes it was set in Boston with mainly white victims but to me that's a problem everyone should be concerned about.

Room is about a girl that get abducted, sexually violated, has a kid, and has to raise him in a room never being able to see the outside world until they escape. That aint something just white ppl should care about.

The Martian is some space ****, Mad Max is some dystopian future ****, The Revenant is some survival revenge ****. All universal.

On top of that it's like you're ignoring all of the black movies with black directors or black leading actors/actresses that have won and been nominated in the past by the Oscars like they ignore what black ppl care about altogether.

exactly, they are american problems that anyone can relate to/be interested in 

rather than complain about too many movies about white issues, why not suggest a movie about black issues that was snubbed?

there's an argument to be made about beasts of no nation but hollywood in general looks down upon netflix trying to steal their market 

Um 

Straight outta compton
Dope
Beasts of no Nation (netflix excuse)
Only Beasts of No Nation should be considered

:lol: @ Dope. Might as well add in Dear White People and Chiraq. Dope was just another good movie.

No to SOC.

Like I said now we just naming any movies with black ppl in it regardless of AA standards.

the problem is not that the voters disrespect black movies

its that black people are not getting cast in lead roles in movies like the martian or room to get nominated. 

the voters just pick the movies they think are the best, and this year's list is very solid 

I don't want to watch no more movies about slaves, butlers, none of that ********.

Ain't **** great about em.

Next slavery movie cast Christian Bale as the main slave and have Wesley Snipes play the plantation owner and whip the **** out of him for an hour and i'll go watch.
Then you should stay out of the conversation about movies dealing with black issues then :lol: or suggest some other movies that deal with black issues that weren't nominated that were good enough that don't deals with being a slave, butlers, or MLK JR.

If the movies aint great why should they be considered?

Now it just sounds like yall just want something to be nominated cuz it got some black ppl in it. Not cuz it's good. Only thing that would change is a more deserving movie would be snubbed and the movie you want in there would still take the L.

the problem is not that the voters disrespect black movies

its that black people are not getting cast in lead roles in movies like the martian or room to get nominated. 

the voters just pick the movies they think are the best, and this year's list is very solid 
Exactly.

Ignoring the snubs like Sam and Idris, Beasts and TH8, there are movies out that have been nominated where black actors could've been cast instead.

The black director thing just seems like a bigger issue.

People are simply not accepting hollywood is dominated mostly by white ppl especially in the most popular categories (directors and actors) so naturally you're gonna end ups with more white ppl filling those positions than any other.

I can ask who is the best black director out right now? Cuz if there was a clear cut choice that person would be getting some of the best stories thrown at him. That's how dudes like Curaon and Inarritu land the movies they get and get nominated.

Same for black actors. You can list all the top black men and women that are all good to great and there are literally like twice as many white actors just as good if not better. Then you got the actors both white and non-white all on the come-up vying for roles.

This is not going to happen over night. It's going to be a struggle unless yall find like 10 new great black actors every year and expand the playing field where there all not fighting for the same roles for each other but are good enough to take roles away from white actors and that's gonna only usually be for fictional stories not ones based off true stories.

Straight Out of Compton was a glitzy, corny at times film that just moved from this, to that. That movie is truly average at best. Y'all let nostalgia and culture play with your emotions. Watch it again, I swear....it's really not even worth consideration.

I agree. Something about it seemed so fictional. Like it was made for a movie of course. That whole scene where Eazy was rapping for the first time, I refused to think that happened. And I refuse to think Dre went, "Whoa....that was dope E!" just cause he was rhyming on beat. It was a better biopic and to even be more specific, a better biopic on a rapper but yes, it was average at best.

You heard it here first, the next big white movie is going to be about Global Warming.
mean.gif

Leo or Tom Hanks being like "it's hot" for 3 hours
how is global warming a white problem? 
laugh.gif

and there's a "lets save the environment" movie almost every year

complaining just to complain 

Idris had a compeling role in beasts of no nation

The big short does not deserve to be nominated. It is very forgettable and the type of movie you watch once and never again

Idris was awesome, so was Abraham Attah.. but the movie releasing on Netflix destroyed it's chances at getting recognition.

And The Big Short was deserving. It was well acted, written, and directed.. not to mention it covered an important topic in our recent history. Maybe it was the kind of movie you watch once and never again, but that doesn't mean it wasn't of high quality.

how is global warming a white problem? :lol:

and there's a "lets save the environment" movie almost every year

complaining just to complain 

it isn't, but it will be good cinema once white people start caring. 
Again the problem being ignored is that there probably won't be any black actors in prominent roles in a movie like that. That's the only way you get away with calling something like that a white movie.

:lol: @ saving the environment movie being the next big one for white ppl.

Nobody is going to care like that.

Last edited:
Idris was awesome, so was Abraham Attah.. but the movie releasing on Netflix destroyed it's chances at getting recognition.

And The Big Short was deserving. It was well acted, written, and directed.. not to mention it covered an important topic in our recent history. Maybe it was the kind of movie you watch once and never again, but that doesn't mean it wasn't of high quality.

watched Beasts of No Nation last night. really wasn't impressed. Abraham Attah was dope, Idris was ok.

Nah, I can buy Tom Hanks playing the Last ****** on Earth. I can't buy that with Costner (or Gere).

Future oscars gonna have at least one token black guy/girl in every acting category deserving or not

While we are talking about black actors who are the best not named Denzel ? I can't think of a good black female actor honestly.

Back
Top Bottom