2016 Chevrolet Camaro - Convertible Revealed

No soft top convertible is gonna look masculine. Hard tops are a different story.
smokin.gif
Lemme shoot you down right quick....

No soft top convertible is gonna look masculine. Hard tops are a different story. :smokin

I disagree. Aside from a few exceptions like the M4, Z4 and XLR; I find most hard-top convertibles to look very disproportionate and more often than not, flat out goofy. Especially when compared to their fixed roof or soft-top counterparts.

Nissan-Silvia-S15-s.jpg

162574_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

05-galpin-convertible-hardtop-mustang.jpg

31292840001_large.jpg

1031b78983_640.jpg

Those are some terrible examples. :lol:

But to be fair when I think hardtops, I think of s2k's, Supra's and Aventadors. :lol:

Vette doesnt look bad as a vert, but id take a coupe anyday.

All of this is why i will never own a convertible.

They look horrible to me with the top down also.

Targa Tops are a diff story

Last edited:
Ferrari 458 Spider

Anytime you see a convertible with the top up and not even notice it is a great thing.

Volvo c70 is the most natural looking soft top convertible I've ever seen.

I swear I never knew mustangs came in htc.

Those are some terrible examples. :lol:

But to be fair when I think hardtops, I think of s2k's, Supra's and Aventadors. :lol:

Vette doesnt look bad as a vert, but id take a coupe anyday.

Ah, I thought you meant retractable hardtops. Yeah, I agree that many convertibles look better with a removable hardtop.

They even do wonders for the otherwise effeminate looking MX-5.

miata_by_wonkozehsane-d5jb33t.jpg

red_miata_hard_top.jpg

Oh boy! That piece of metal is banging. Took a chance with mopar these past 4 yrs and regret it. Chevy >

2016 Camaro Pricing - $26,695 (1LT) / $37,295 (1SS)

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/che...nt/Pages/news/us/en/2015/aug/0821-camaro.html

Damn! :wow: A barebones SS is $4K+ higher than a barebones GT Mustang?

Good luck with that. :lol:
I guess chevy is hoping the +20HP advantage over the mustang (on papaer), the powertrain relationship to the new Corvette, and brand loyalty will push sales.

I personally would skip the pony warriors and buy a Dodge 6.4 liter RT Scatpack for around the same cost.

Last edited:
The new SS out handles the outgoing 1LE and puts down faster lap times. That was the same outgoing, 3-year-old 1LE that out ran cars like the new m4, new 5.0 PP, etc. Comparing the new SS to the base mustang is a joke. This 2016 SS, in terms of performance, is a significantly better car.

The 6.2 LT1 is an amazing engine. I've been driving my brothers stingray lately and I can tell you first hand it is a huge jump from the LS3.

Last edited:
Hmmm...LT is the same price as I paid for my LS a few years ago. I'm all in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom