2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Well that was fun. This team once again dug themselves a whole and made a late comeback, but other than Capela being out because of food poisoning, Lawson killed the last run we had dead. The Nuggets ended up finishing like on a 33-10 run. Just a travesty. I'm finished with this Lawson experiment. It's been long enough, and there hasn't been any improvement at all. I don't even know who this guy is we traded for, but it damn sure ain't Ty Lawson.

View media item 1828748
Look at that ******** from TJones and Lawson. Just pathetic. Brewer brought nothing either, but has done more this year than both Jones and Lawson

Trade winds are blowing @Peep Game. At least DMo looked great! 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^The trade rumors (which I 100% believe are rumors) have been :rofl: the only realistic one I've heard was Rodney Stuckey for Terrence Jones and KJ McDaniels.

Here's a one that stood out the most

Houston Rockets are off to a shaky start despite two superstars in Dwight Howard and James Harden, and the Phoenix Suns are stuck in rut. This is the reason why the two teams found themselves in the middle of NBA trade rumors this 2015.A forum on Real GM suggested an overhaul of the two teams to get them over the hump in the competitive Western Conference.According to the proposed NBA trade rumor this 2015, the deal won't happen without the participation of another team, which in this hypothetical scenario, involves the Boston Celtics. In the proposal, the Celtics will get Dwight Howard and P.J. Tucker, the Houston Rockets will get Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler and Markieff Morris, while the Phoenix Suns will get Ty Lawson and David Lee, along with their expiring contracts, with about five first rounders from the Rockets and Celtics

LOL.

Another one

"Houston Rockets Get: SG O.J. Mayo and PG Greivis Vasquez
Milwaukee Bucks Get: PG Ty Lawson"

According to Dan Favale of BR, "The Rockets are ready to cut bait with Lawson. We think." Although Lawson said recently that he is not under the rumor mill. However, both teams will surely benefit from the deal as the Rockets get an efficient back-up for Harden as well as for Patrick Beverley. Meanwhile, Lawson might just work out for Milwaukee as a back-up for Michael Carter-Williams and being under the tutelage of head coach Jason Kidd. Moreover, Mayo's three-point shooting suits the Rockets' play style very well and although he has not been shooting the ball well this season, a change of scenery might turn things around. Meanwhile, Vazquez is a point guard who doesn't dominate the ball which is what James Harden might need in a point guard. Lawson, meanwhile, can play to his strengths in Milwaukee which is fast-paced basketball but the defense of the Bucks might suffer a bit. Nevertheless, the size and length of their youngsters might make up for that shortcoming.

Yep, let's pair drunk Lawson with Jason Kidd.

Last edited:
Look at DMo looking like a seasoned vet. Now cuz these ******** cant win trade rumors circulating. Something is def gonna happen

When they lose, the bottom is falling out, Howard's "unhappy", and "the players don't like playing with Harden", and when they win, everything's cool :lol:

When they lose, the bottom is falling out, Howard's "unhappy", and "the players don't like playing with Harden", and when they win, everything's cool :lol:

Sounds like Texans talk on the radio. When they win, we're good. When they lose, we're the worst team in the NFL.

we def need to shuffle the deck.. wtf is wrong with this team? 
laugh.gif

We only got rid of Smith and Prigs and we've been playing like *** all season, what gives?

Don't miss McHale. Him gone and us struggling doesn't mean we need him. We were getting washed with him out there already.

I think there will be a blessing in disguise that comes from this shakeup. Gonna make our organization dig deep to figure out our future.

Last edited:
Don't miss McHale. Him gone and us struggling doesn't mean we need him. We were getting washed with him out there already.

I think there will be a blessing in disguise that comes from this shakeup. Gonna make our organization dig deep to figure out our future.

I dont either im just saying he got his feet up laughing cuz dudes still losing and now shaking up for trades.

If the organization has to dig deep for the future then its not looking good at all. Aint gonna be anything blockbuster landing for awhile or moves to make. Morey and em did everything they could. A miracle with the actual team as is the only thing that can happen at this point.

Digging deep doesn't mean trading away everybody. We're fine with the talent we have. Dwight's the only rotten egg of talent we have. It'd be great to see us get a younger guy out of Dwight.

Digging deep means really figuring out how to activate the talent they have. JB does things better, but we still have to implement an offense that turns around these tendencies or simply doesnt allow for the stuff we do.

I heard JB talk about still getting up 3's because "that's what we do, and we're going to continue to rely on what's provided success for us". or something to that affect. I was lowkey already done with JB after hearing that.

We're like 10 games in, and boys sound distraught for our future. :lol: Im personally glad what we do at the core is being exposed. We'll be fine

Last edited:
yall tripping with this title too man :lol:

garbage, eh, we're playing garbage....
bums....eh, a little touchier but i get it../

frauds though?... "c'mon b"

Hey man, I gotta roll with what I see on the TV :lol:

Also, lowkey we should've found a way to keep Kelvin Sampson from UH the year before

Pretty much all the starters played well, along with Terrence Jones. Would like to see this more against teams that are actually good though, cause this really should've been a 35 point blowout. Dwight was pretty good at the FT line, and even though he struggled early with turnovers and simply finishing, 16/15 is solid. This was another one of those random games where TJones reminds you of how good he CAN be, but I'm really tired of him. Him and Lawson need to be out of here. Still don't know why Thornton couldn't get any burn, as his scoring surely would have been welcome during that lull when Harden set the first time. D-Mo still looks winded, but that's to be expected right now rounding back into shape. Two very tough games coming up with LAC and OKC.

View media item 1832970
View media item 1832973View media item 1832974View media item 1832975View media item 1832976View media item 1832977View media item 1832978View media item 1832979View media item 1832980

Lawson suspended for the next 2 games. Boy I h-h-hope we can survive without him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know how the team can survive without his 6 pts and 2 assists per game. It will be hard, but hopefully the guys pull through 
laugh.gif

Big game tonight, pls win 
frown.gif

Back to .500 :smokin should've dominated based on how this game was going at first, but at least we didn't completely make it difficult. Ariza pretty much hit timely 3s every time the Clippers made a run. This hacking mess though :x Doc Rivers didn't completely think that through getting all his guys jammed up with fouls. And hacking D-Mo :rofl: dudes lost it.

Jeremy Lin byke in Houston Monday. Should be an interesting game.

Back
Top Bottom