2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
at the restrictions on energy drinks for players. Granted they may not be the best thing in the world for you, but can't say I agree with actually putting a restriction on them.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
at the restrictions on energy drinks for players. Granted they may not be the best thing in the world for you, but can't say I agree with actually putting a restriction on them.

Denard Span and Danny Valencia got into a minor car accident with each other on their way to the airport yesterday.

Too much.

Denard Span and Danny Valencia got into a minor car accident with each other on their way to the airport yesterday.

Too much.

Ryan Braun isn't letting up when it comes to his chances of winning MVP after tonight.
laugh.gif

Ryan Braun isn't letting up when it comes to his chances of winning MVP after tonight.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Would someone explain to me why DeadsetAce has a Yankees avatar
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yanks won the division, he fell for the Boston hype this year.

If Boston ends up making it, put me down as one of those that thinks they run through Detroit in 3 or 4 games.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Would someone explain to me why DeadsetAce has a Yankees avatar
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yanks won the division, he fell for the Boston hype this year.

If Boston ends up making it, put me down as one of those that thinks they run through Detroit in 3 or 4 games.

Boston & Braves
30t6p3b.gif
 most of the experts said MLB should add another team in the wild card.

Last year was very exciting down to the very last game in the NL and this year both Red Sox and Braves are heading towards an epic collapse.

Boston & Braves
30t6p3b.gif
 most of the experts said MLB should add another team in the wild card.

Last year was very exciting down to the very last game in the NL and this year both Red Sox and Braves are heading towards an epic collapse.

Man, I thought Beltre was done for sure. I figured playing in Boston only inflated his numbers to the point it masked his decline as a hitter.
30t6p3b.gif

First 30 HR year since '04. Goes to show how how much Safeco Field in Seattle is death knell for power hitters. Probably why they won't be luring over Fielder.

Man, I thought Beltre was done for sure. I figured playing in Boston only inflated his numbers to the point it masked his decline as a hitter.
30t6p3b.gif

First 30 HR year since '04. Goes to show how how much Safeco Field in Seattle is death knell for power hitters. Probably why they won't be luring over Fielder.

^ Agreed. Beltre is the best overall 3B at the moment. Combination of amazing defense at the hot corner and he swings a good bat.

I stand by my belief that Verlander truly deserves the AL MVP this year but my boy Ellsbury has certainly made it close down the stretch with clutch offense (HRs). It's very difficult to differentiate between the seasons of Verlander, Ellsbury, Joey Bats, and Granderson. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with any of the four major candidates winning.

Supposedly the media person that texted Lackey mentioned something about his divorce. Quite similar to Bedard being served for child support payments right before a crucial start.

Yanks/Boston are both going to negotiate hard over C.J. Wilson, but the Sox complete lack of pitching depth might force them to severely overpay and prioritize Wilson in the off-season. In hindsight, Fister would have been an extremely valuable addition at Fenway.

^ Agreed. Beltre is the best overall 3B at the moment. Combination of amazing defense at the hot corner and he swings a good bat.

I stand by my belief that Verlander truly deserves the AL MVP this year but my boy Ellsbury has certainly made it close down the stretch with clutch offense (HRs). It's very difficult to differentiate between the seasons of Verlander, Ellsbury, Joey Bats, and Granderson. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with any of the four major candidates winning.

Supposedly the media person that texted Lackey mentioned something about his divorce. Quite similar to Bedard being served for child support payments right before a crucial start.

Yanks/Boston are both going to negotiate hard over C.J. Wilson, but the Sox complete lack of pitching depth might force them to severely overpay and prioritize Wilson in the off-season. In hindsight, Fister would have been an extremely valuable addition at Fenway.

I completely agree on if either one of those four win it, I'd be OK with it. They're all very deserving this year.

I'd love to see Washington get aggressive and add CJ along with a corner OF bat.

I completely agree on if either one of those four win it, I'd be OK with it. They're all very deserving this year.

I'd love to see Washington get aggressive and add CJ along with a corner OF bat.

^ That'd be nice to see the Nats build on Zimmerman, Werth, Morse, and Strasburg. Especially since a lot of non-Boston and non-Yankee fans are tired of seeing the two teams land top free-agents year after year. I still believe the CJ sweepstakes looks like this: 1) Boston 2) NYY 3) Texas. I've also heard Washington is planning a major bid for Prince.

Pro, is Braun still your NL MVP?

Anyone else feel like Boston's late-season demise could prompt Theo to flee for a new challenge in Chicago?

^ That'd be nice to see the Nats build on Zimmerman, Werth, Morse, and Strasburg. Especially since a lot of non-Boston and non-Yankee fans are tired of seeing the two teams land top free-agents year after year. I still believe the CJ sweepstakes looks like this: 1) Boston 2) NYY 3) Texas. I've also heard Washington is planning a major bid for Prince.

Pro, is Braun still your NL MVP?

Anyone else feel like Boston's late-season demise could prompt Theo to flee for a new challenge in Chicago?

laugh.gif
Washington is Boras' go to team but that kid Marrero they have in the minors they say he's the 1B of the future. Plus, they play Morse there sometimes.

I've actually come to either having Kemp or Halladay win it right now. Upton and Braun right behind em.

I think the more Boston fans blame Theo for the lack of pitching depth, the more he may become attracted to the Cubs job. TBH, what else does he have to accomplish in Boston? He could be a God in Chicago and have the same kind of bank roll to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom