2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't have any hate for the Mets. i know they're crosstown rivals but i don't consider it a "rivalry"

that being said, Mets in 5. their pitching will be too much.

All the NY fans in here got me watching "LA vs NY" Kimmel videos from this past week while I'm here in LA. 
laugh.gif

NYC seems too fast paced for me, but damn would I be astounded by the skyline each night.

This had me 
roll.gif

Last edited:
i don't have any hate for the Mets. i know they're crosstown rivals but i don't consider it a "rivalry"

that being said, Mets in 5. their pitching will be too much.
The lady on the tele said that KC hits .300+ against 95+MPH 

I don't think that means anything for Mets starters because KC is on some "Netflix and Chill" steez in the first 6 innings anyway but..........................................

That means Familia might be the one to lose the games for the Mets in those last 3-6 outs that KC eats on.

Best AL team vs worst NL team (in the playoffs, record wise)

Baseball postseason is so unpredictable. For me, having my baseball team lose in the playoffs hurts way more than other sports 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Should be a good World Series.

While granted, none of them have the dominant World Series track record that Madison Bumgarner has, what he did last year makes me optimistic as a Mets fan.  Bumgarner was in a world of his own last October and the Royals looked like little leaguers during the games he pitched. That said, it was a significant drop off in pitching quality when Peavy, Hudson, and Vogelsong took the mound. The Mets don't have that significant drop off going from deGrom to Thor and Harvey.  Matz might be a question mark but he's been servicable this playoffs.

The Royals are going to be facing quality starting pitching almost every game this series unlike last season.   I love the way the Royals play and how they're dangerous on the bases, but I need the Mets to put the Royals in the same sentence as the 2010-11 Rangers.

Tough call, but I just can't go against KC. Mets are on a roll and all but KC just plays poised all the time and can beat you in more ways than one.

Happy as hell to see these ****** *** Blue Jays get bounced like the ******* that they are. **** that team.

I hope KC wins it in 7.

Still thinking about this loss. It hurts. Watching this team from the start of the season to where they ended off now was so fun and exciting. It was dope to see the city of Toronto this live and energetic again.
I just felt that this team had the talent to win it all especially after the trade. What a season for the Jays. So many ups and downs but it was a great ride. Love where this team is headed.

However you can't win leaving all those runners stranded on a constant basis. Royals did what they do best. Consistent hitting and have the bullpen shut it out. Simple . Good luck to you guys!

Some questionable calls last night but at the end of the day we should have tied the game at the very least. Blue Jay fan for life here.

I'm so hungover!

[emoji]127866[/emoji][emoji]127863[/emoji][emoji]127864[/emoji][emoji]128701[/emoji]
good man! You should have enjoyed the night just like you did.

my heart is broken

Me in 2014 knows that feeling
|I

Um.....I would say there is a fairly large difference between the 2015 BlueJays and the 2014 A's.

What's that have to do with the pain in nomnoms heart, he's comparing aches. I know the feeling too from 2011 NBA, completely diff sport, Same pain.

Last edited:
Mike Moustakas then laced a 2-and-2 changeup to rightfield for a single to send Hosmer home with the tying run. Price recovered to whiff Salvador Perez to preserve the tie. But then Alex Gordon drove a full-count fastball for a double to score Moustakas with the tie-breaking run. The Royals would go on to win, 6-3.

Something caught my eye in the Gordon at-bat. Price threw Gordon a 2-and-2 changeup that was over the plate but down. Gordon barely flinched at it. The fact that it was over the plate and not off the plate—it looked more like a strike, which makes it much harder to dismiss—told me Gordon wasn’t the least bit fooled. (Price would then throw two fastballs, one a good one away that Gordon fouled and another one over the heart of the plate that he ripped for his double.)

I replayed the inning in my head. Moustakas was all over a 2-and-2 changeup from Price—a good pitch that was down and away but that didn’t fool him either. Wait—how many times did Price even throw a 2-and-2 changeup to a lefthanded hitter all year, as he had done to both Gordon and Moustakas? The answer was just 10.

Then I thought about the Hosmer at-bat: a 1-and-1 changeup down and away that he also hit while firmly on balance. How many times did Price throw a 1-and-1 changeup to a lefty this year? Another rarity: just 16 times.

So now I had three lefthanded hitters batting against a lefthanded pitcher in counts when a changeup could not be expected and yet all three of them were on balance for the pitch.

The next day I looked at the tape. Pitching from the stretch when he threw a changeup, Price would take an extra deep breath, one where you could see his shoulders shrug, and he would hold his set a beat longer. I didn’t have access to the preferred camera angle on every pitch, but from the small sample I saw it appeared to me the Royals knew the changeup was coming when Price was in the stretch. Days later, as the series resumed in Toronto, I ran my theory past two Royals sources. Both confirmed it: Price tipped his changeup—maybe not 100% of the time, but enough for Kansas City to buy in.

How three unheralded contributors helped Royals repeat as AL champs

Should be a great series. I can see the Mets pulling this off in 6.

Trying to see Cespedes arm vs Cain's speed :pimp: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom