2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, my jimmies are still rustled from last night.  i got my mets ws patch hat in the mail finally today which was rather bittersweet 
laugh.gif

anyhow, hats off to the royals. you give them an inch, and they take a mile. those dudes are relentless with the base stealing and timely hits.   that said, better to see a fresh face win it as opposed to the usual suspects.  their win gives alot of smaller teams hope imo.

now with the mets. blowing the leads sucks. but damn crappy hitting was the downfall more then anything. If you only get 3 hits in a game your starting pitcher is dealing, you deserve to take the L. bases loaded, nobody out, regardless of the cespedes stuff, only getting 1 run is a complete failure, when a single potentially scores 2 and puts runners on 1st and 3rd.

game 1, sloppy fielding on that inside the park home run. you don't goof there and that alex gordon's home run is likely only a foot note and familia gets the next 2 out.  even despite that, they had 5 innings after that to score and didn't do ****.

game 4, all they were limited to was 2 solo shots and a sacrifice fly.

there was some untimely errors and poor fielding, but the bats failure to get insurance runs and put some distance on them magnified the errors, and minimized the room for error.  had they scored more in the 6th, its still a 3-2 game after hosmer scores with 2 outs.      game 4, had they scored more, perhaps murph isn't rushed and pressured into trying to make the double play and gets one guy out because you can afford to give up a run to get the 2nd out.   there was no room for error with the games that close and the royals exploited that perfectly.    props to them.

NYC heads, percentage wise what would u put the fan split in the city

60% Yankees 40% Mets?

That's fair. But there are a lot of Mets fans out there, even before this run. They just haven't been loud because there hasn't been much to be loud about :lol: .

just saw this...I'm excited if this happens 

I think his personality will be good for the clubhouse..
I agree. Bud Black was too safe of a hire and I don't think his personality would rub off on this team well.

In the end, we just need our manager not to be Matt Williams so I'm cool with it.

Lerner's don't understand the money managers should make :lol: Dusty would cost more than Black.

in 2015 were talking about hiring Dusty.

In 2015 Ned Yost won a World Series title.

Edit: Apparently they offered him a 1 year deal for $1.6M. That's about a league average salary, but one year is pretty indicative that they didn't think much of him.

Last edited:
Dusty :pimp:

He'll get the team on track and to a certain level. Then you need to make the change to get over the top

He'll get you guys to be competitive but he's too old school to get you over the hump. Definitely an upgrade over Williams but just about anyone is.

Last edited:
Dusty is definitely an interesting hire. He will make it to the postseason with that team for sure but how deep will he take them

[quote name="dmxfury"]Dusty :pimp:

He'll get the team on track and to a certain level. Then you need to make the change to get over the top[/quote]Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom