2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soler is all but gone at this point. I ****** around about Sale but I think they could make a run at Carrasco or Salazar. They have enough MLB depth to send someone like Hammel back as well.

I just spit out my coffee and I wasn’t even drinking any when I read what Peter Gammons reported the Miami Marlins wanted from the Red Sox in order to acquire Jose Fernandez.

“We thought we might be able to piece something together with the Red Sox,” said a Marlins official. “With ERod (Eduardo Rodriguez), Mookie Betts, Christian Vazquez, Yoan Moncada and another pitcher I thought we had something that might work.” Why not?

:rofl:

Cubs really took that NLCS sweep to heart :lol: going for the jugular of all of the N.L.

Last edited:
Spending $$$ doesn't always work out. Plus we have to remember this is the cubbies were talking about. I wish them the best but I don't see this spending spree resulting in a world series championship.

That Cubs lineup is gonna be filthy

cause of heyward? meh....

Um, Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Soler, Baez year 2 might help as well.

And Rizzo/Zobrist is fairly helpful.

Then Heyward.

Heyward/Zobrist also represent more contact/fewer strikeouts over a full season, something we need(ed). Not to mention walk rates and OBP's over .350

Then factor in the two of them defensively....

And then any of this year's crop of rookies that might come up to help. (Happ, Almora, McKinney, Torres, or Contreras)

Still "meh"? :nerd:

:lol:

Last edited:
yes, still meh....

no. i was thinking more of a murder's row type of lineup. JCM corrected me that he meant just all around solid top to bottom. and i agreed.

Last edited:

All they had to do was let the goat stay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom