2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're getting no hit :\

edit: Starlin with the 1st hit of the season :smokin

Last edited:
we're getting no hit
ohwell.gif

edit: Starlin with the 1st hit of the season
smokin.gif
Before i could quote it to say 

you unmushed it that quick lol literally soon as you posted

Ridiculous GOAT stat of the week:

If Barry Bonds returned to the Major Leagues tomorrow, he would need to make 1,412 consecutive outs to drop his career on base percentage below .400.

Last edited:

Ridiculous GOAT stat of the week:

If Barry Bonds returned to the Major Leagues tomorrow, he would need to make 1,412 consecutive outs to drop his career on base percentage below .400.
We saw a one of the greatest Baseball players of all time - whether people want to acknowledge it or not,  is another topic.

Barry was a great before PED allegations and baseball god after ....

This guy Bonds man, what an athlete.

I can say with 100% confidence that he is undeniably the greatest baseball player...

to ever do steroids!

I couldn't care less about Cespedes' cars. I rather he spend money on that than drugs.

will you care when he's hitting .234 after first few months of the season?
Why are you all over Yo like this man?  You wouldnt be saying all this if it was our Giants who signed him.  Instead we have Denard Span who is probably riding his tricycle to Scottsdale every morning and not creating a scene.  I'll take the guy who is taking 6 figure cars and a horse to practice.

I agree. I like Yo from his time with A's but he can go into these funks and be awful at the plate.

I was pushing for us to get Yo all offseason but we got span instead

I guess what bothers me is the fact that they ridicule Barry for breaking records while allegedly on steroids, yet are perfectly fine with winning a World Series title with a team full of players on steroids.  You cant talk down about one and be ok with the other.

@Johnson1  not saying that it was your intention or even belief.  But I know a ton of A's fans who do that.  The A's organization even came out with that shirt when Bonds was breaking records that said "zero splash hits, four world titles."  Just insane to me how a team and fans of a team with such a storied history of steroid use can attack and ridicule a player for doing steroids.  The logic there is just absurd.

Jumpman and Dland -

Not trying to be meanspirited there, just a little light hearted trolling.

I'm well aware of the Oakland As PED use. McGwire, Canseco, hell even Ricky Henderson was probably on them (which is very sad). And yea we won a title back in the day with a roster likely loaded with juicers.

I am by no means naive in regards to my teams involvement ... I just have issue with people (mainly blinded Giants fans) overlooking the whole thing and putting Bonds up in the all time discussion with greats from the past.

I'm on record saying that I don't care if players use ped's, when I go to the ballpark I want to be entertained and during that era it was very entertaining. Both A's and Giants were fun to watch during that Era

Jumpman and Dland -

Not trying to be meanspirited there, just a little light hearted trolling.

I'm well aware of the Oakland As PED use. McGwire, Canseco, hell even Ricky Henderson was probably on them (which is very sad). And yea we won a title back in the day with a roster likely loaded with juicers.

I am by no means naive in regards to my teams involvement ... I just have issue with people (mainly blinded Giants fans) overlooking the whole thing and putting Bonds up in the all time discussion with greats from the past.
Well thats the thing (oh and its all good about light hearted trolling.  I am not upset or anything haha).  I still have issue with the bolded.  Why do you have a problem with putting Bonds up in the all time discussion?  Just because of the steroid thing?  Well if that's the case, then I assume you have a problem when the A's celebrate their 89 World Series?

Because like I said before, you cant feel one way about Bonds and feel the opposite about the A's.  

I dont have a problem with the 89 A's.  They whipped our tails and were the best team in baseball that year.  They deserved their trophy, regardless of the steroids IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom