2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
A lot of concern within the Cubs organization today about Kyle Schwarber's injury, and there is more concern about his knee than his ankle.

:nerd: CP you good?

Prayin, all we can do. :smh:

He got that thing crunched, thigh, knee, ankle all looked bad. Sprained ankle seems a lil too lucky. ACL wouldn't surprise me at all, but hopefully it won't be that severe. Sprained knee is our best hope. :frown:

A lot of concern within the Cubs organization today about Kyle Schwarber's injury, and there is more concern about his knee than his ankle.
.....make tweets like this one absolutely laughable.
Chicago Cubs (@Cubs)
Kyle Schwarber left tonight's game with a left ankle sprain.
Saw this tweet by the Cubs yesterday, and made me shake my head.  How can a team tweet something like this a full day before an MRI was performed?  Just silly.

@CP1708.........

Have you read any quotes or articles saying what exactly happened?  Specifically, has there been anything talking about whether or not Fowler called for the ball?  I was watching MLB Network when it happened and Harold Reynolds (who most of the time I agree with), was adamant about it not being Schwarber's fault at all.  I immediately turned to my brother and said that there is NO WAY that Harold could know that unless he knew definitively that Fowler DIDNT call for the ball.

If Fowler didnt call for the ball, Reynolds is right.  If Fowler did call for the ball, Schwarber has no one to blame but himself for being taken out like he was.

I was thinking the same thing when I read "left game with ankle sprain" :lol:

It's so damn sad when any good young player gets hurt.

But his fatass belongs in the AL to be a DH :lol:

@CP1708

Have you read any quotes or articles saying what exactly happened?  Specifically, has there been anything talking about whether or not Fowler called for the ball?  I was watching MLB Network when it happened and Harold Reynolds (who most of the time I agree with), was adamant about it not being Schwarber's fault at all.  I immediately turned to my brother and said that there is NO WAY that Harold could know that unless he knew definitively that Fowler DIDNT call for the ball.

If Fowler didnt call for the ball, Reynolds is right.  If Fowler did call for the ball, Schwarber has no one to blame but himself for being taken out like he was.

Reynolds is an idiot, but an entertaining idiot.

Both fielders were running at full speed deep into the gap. It's likely no one called for that ball :lol:

That ball was hit in the perfect spot and the perfect trajectory for a train wreck to happen. Just looks like a bad accident. No one has to be at fault.

.....make tweets like this one absolutely laughable.
Chicago Cubs (@Cubs)

Kyle Schwarber left tonight's game with a left ankle sprain.

Saw this tweet by the Cubs yesterday, and made me shake my head.  How can a team tweet something like this a full day before an MRI was performed?  Just silly.

It was his ankle.

And his knee.

And his thigh. :lol:

They were literally checking his ankle before standing him up. :lol: That's what the negative X-ray was from. Hence, the report.

But they said immediately thereafter MRI to follow, that's for his knee.

His whole leg took the brunt of it, multiple parts of that leg were gonna hurt. :lol:

Early fears were femur related. Thank God it wasn't that.

And neither of them were getting that ball, so no one could call off the other. Just unfortunate collision. Wish one of them pulled back and let it be a double, but they tried to make a play.

CP.....

I dont know how you can say "neither of them were getting that ball."  They were both there.  Yes, it would have taken a diving effort, but I believe that it is very possible that either of them could have gotten the ball.

Also, he tweet about sprained ankle came out RIGHT after they took him out.  The tweet was sent prior to an xray, so I still believe that the report was stupid.

And Jew....

You are right, there doesnt always have to be fault given out.  However, if Fowler was indeed calling for the ball, fault absolutely should be given to Schwarber.

:lol:

Yeah, no.

They tweeted at 7:26 He left with a leg injury, will update as information becomes available.

At 8:20, an hour later, they tweeted he left with a sprained ankle.

Oh btw, 57 other reporters tweeted that info simultaneously, BEFORE they were able to. :lol:

So relax. They tweeted the info they were given, same as everyone else.

There is no conspiracy or false reporting or any of that.

My bad.  Saw the original tweet and was mistaken.

I am not saying its a conspiracy or false reporting.  Just thought it was a bit premature to be tweeting ANY sort of diagnosis.....especially from a verified team account.

They're gonna bring the DH to the NL because of this Schwarber injury.

I know they want him in the lineup daily but he's just not fit for the OF. It sucks to say but an injury like that due to lack of awareness was bound to happen. Not that he is a stupid kid by any means, not saying that at all. Just he doesn't have the experience; he didn't look up at Fowler once on that play IIRC.

My bad.  Saw the original tweet and was mistaken.

I am not saying its a conspiracy or false reporting.  Just thought it was a bit premature to be tweeting ANY sort of diagnosis.....especially from a verified team account.

No worries, but it's a verified team account, any dip **** like me could run it. :lol: It's not anyone important running that handle. Just some intern or whoever, basically a fan who follows all the other team reporters and league sources same as you or I can do. I'd seen the ankle thing tweeted a billion times before they got around to it, but I follow a ton of Cubs sources so easy to see how and why that happens for me.

In fact, their tweet saying it was an ankle came right after Carrie Muskat had tweeted the same thing, only they left out the MRI tomorrow part. (why, I don't know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom