2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee got this from the owner for winning the batting title.

IMO Yankees are fine but they really should've signed the batting pop in their order they desperately needed. Upton or Cespedes. Betting the whole hand for 2018 so 2016 and 2017 are sorta like "hey we'll try to be decently above .500 and wait for Teix's and A Rod's contracts to disappear" -Yeezy shrug-

Swisher, btw, coming for Ackley's spot lol

Last edited:
IMO Yankees are fine but they really should've signed the batting pop in their order they desperately needed. Upton or Cespedes. Betting the whole hand for 2018 so 2016 and 2017 are sorta like "hey we'll try to be decently above .500 and wait for Teix's and A Rod's contracts to disappear" -Yeezy shrug-

Swisher, btw, coming for Ackley's spot lol

Wish we would've gone after Upton. His contract ended up being cheap enough where we could afford him now & still give Bryce a blank check in 2 years.

It's never good to rely on 36, 39, & 40 year old guys to lead your offense.

#HARPGOD
pimp.gif

Yanks lost a tough one tonight.

VV got rocked tonight, Sorry homie @xxpizzo
glad i didnt go i guess lol 

he didn't walk anyone he controlled the ball pretty good but he would have batters in an 0-2 count and Conforto (who has been on FIRE) and Cespedes blasted bombs. 7 HR on the night to damn METS gave us a spanking

Wish we would've gone after Upton. His contract ended up being cheap enough where we could afford him now & still give Bryce a blank check in 2 years.

Way too risky putting all the chips in on one player. Yanks will end up regretting holding out for him. Not saying he's gonna stay with the Nats, but I don't think he's headed for NY.

Way too risky putting all the chips in on one player. Yanks will end up regretting holding out for him. Not saying he's gonna stay with the Nats, but I don't think he's headed for NY.

As it is pretty well-known, Bryce Harper grew up a die-hard New York Yankees fan. He has stated in the past that he’s always dreamed of being a Yankee. When Harper was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated at age 16, he was asked about his baseball career ambitions. He had this to say:

“Be in the Hall of Fame, definitely. Play in Yankee Stadium. Play in pinstripes. Be considered the greatest baseball player who ever lived. I can’t wait.“

Soon :tongue: .

An interview from when he was 16, you got me! Have you read any of his interviews since? Or from his parents? The guy says he wants to be a Ripken or Jeter and only play for one franchise. It's up to the Lerner's to figure out the rest. And if he doesn't re-sign with the Nats, I'm 99% confident he heads out to the west coast.

An interview from when he was 16, you got me! Have you read any of his interviews since? Or from his parents? The guy says he wants to be a Ripken or Jeter and only play for one franchise. It's up to the Lerner's to figure out the rest. And if he doesn't re-sign with the Nats, I'm 99% confident he heads out to the west coast.

Hence the " :tongue: " just messing around with the SI quote.

Harper does seem like a good dude and not a douche. I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks true to his word and stays in Washington. But I won't be surprised either if he accepts the stupid $ figure the Yankees will offer him.

I think there's a better chance that he stays today than when we drafted him, but I'm not super confident he does. I bet he goes to LA. Hollywood Harper.

Hendricks got cooked he was my only SP going today in fantasy i needed this win from him 
mean.gif
It's ok, I benched Rizzo because I'm an idiot 
mean.gif

How does Champ's team have so many pitchers LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom