2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
nthat.gif

What a time to be alive!
Call me crazy, but I dont think you have earned the right to say this yet.  

All I meant was that statement would make more sense for Cubs fans if you were talking about the early 1900s.  As of now, you have yet to win anything.  All I'm saying.

He said "what a time to be alive", which is more of a pop culture reference than anything else. If you want to be be analytical about, yes, id rather be alive now, than 3 years ago when the Cubs were hot trash, or 50 years ago, or 100 years ago. Aint nobody claiming a championship. We are young, potent, and the best team in baseball as of May 6th. So yes, WHAT A TIME TO ************ BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

All I meant was that statement would make more sense for Cubs fans if you were talking about the early 1900s.  As of now, you have yet to win anything.  All I'm saying.
He said "what a time to be alive", which is more of a pop culture reference than anything else. If you want to be be analytical about, yes, id rather be alive now, than 3 years ago when the Cubs were hot trash, or 50 years ago, or 100 years ago. Aint nobody claiming a championship. We are young, potent, and the best team in baseball as of May 6th. So yes, WHAT A TIME TO ************ BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fair enough.

Gonna be a huge failure if Cubs don't win it all

2014 A's comes to mind

Agreed. Although, Cubs are set up to be contenders for years to come. Chicago wont selling off young talent for cash. We have the resources, both monetarily and with players, to improve as needed when needed.

Last edited:
So many people on twitter talking about the Angels and how they should trade Trout but can anyone come up with the prospects to get it done?

Gonna be a huge failure if Cubs don't win it all

2014 A's comes to mind
The 2014 A's and this year's Cubs are not even in the same universe when it comes to expectations.  Even if the Cubs dont live up to their expectations, they will be perennial contenders for a long time. 

2014 A's?  Come on bro.  That's a really silly comparison.

So many people on twitter talking about the Angels and how they should trade Trout but can anyone come up with the prospects to get it done?
I would hate to see this happen, but the Angels really only need to look across the freeway to find a good trading partner IMO.

If I am the Angels, I would offer Trout and Simmons for Seager, Puig, Joc, Urias, and Montas.  Seem ridiculous?  Well, its Mike Trout.

Last edited:

I would hate to see this happen, but the Angels really only need to look across the freeway to find a good trading partner IMO.

If I am the Angels, I would offer Trout and Simmons for Seager, Puig, Joc, Urias, and Montas.  Seem ridiculous?  Well, its Mike Trout.

Never gonna happen. Someone mentioned the Twins and asking for Berrios, Buxton and Sano to start

Never gonna happen. Someone mentioned the Twins and asking for Berrios, Buxton and Sano to start
Never gonna happen, fine.  However there ARE organizations that have the ability to make a reasonable offer.

They the best record in baseball with highest runs differential back in 2014
Doesnt matter.  They had zero preseason expectations.  And lets be honest.  No one outside of A's fans really saw them as a threat, regardless of record.
Cmon they were a threat. That team before the trade was a elite baseball team.
I think you are missing the point.  The point is about expectations and if they are lived up to.

Your claim was that it would be a "huge failure if the Cubs dont win it all."  I semi agree with that.  The A's not winning it all in 2014 was absolutely NOT a huge failure, because they were NOT expected to.

See the difference?

Never gonna happen, fine.  However there ARE organizations that have the ability to make a reasonable offer.

Im not saying they would never entertain offers from any team I just dont believe they would take an offer from the Dodgers

Billy Eppler has a plan.

2017-sign Ace
2018-sign Ace and Power hitter. Draft future HOFers.
2019-Sign Ace and best hitter in the marker. Draft more future HOFers.
2020-Sign Ace. Graduate some of those HOFers to the majors.

Now you have four Aces, and at least three future HOFers in the lineup. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom