2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news is Tex/Tor is what we all wanted to see.

Hard thing for me is based on what I saw the only conclusion I can draw is the Fix was in.
I don't want to get my way, like that.

Everyone and their Momma knew it was over when Unalso was called.

He pitched well down the stretch to teams who were playing for nothing.

He telegraphs his pitches, deciding inning in a single Postseason game is not where he should have been called on.

People are quick with this stuff.

Good news is Tex/Tor is what we all wanted to see.

Hard thing for me is based on what I saw the only conclusion I can draw is the Fix was in.
I don't want to get my way, like that.
How was the fix in?
Not pitching Britton in a game that goes 19 innings because, it wasn't a "save situation" 

Nothing about that seems odd, to you?

Nothing about this being a 1 game playoff and Britton not getting to the mound, makes you go "hmm"

Nothing about it? 

Like at all?

Maybe I have lost it. 

Man thats just poor managing. Like when freddi gonzalez didnt use kimbrel against the dodgers few yrs back.

Poor Managing!?????????????

Man hell nah! 

That would be like leaving Lebron on the bench in an OT game 7 with 3 minutes left because he had 5 fouls. 

Poor Managing?

**** no. 

I call BS

Poor Managing?

In a 1 game Playoff?

Just no.

I don't but it.

I haven't lost it.

Listening to Britton talk after too, man he might whip Bucks *** before 3am

:lol: it was poor managing. Showalter didnt utilize his pen properly. Britton was his best guy down there and he didnt have him in a tie ball game in extras. He didnt even have him warming up at any point.

So ya poor managing. He did a poor job managing his bullpen.

laugh.gif
it was poor managing. Showalter didnt utilize his pen properly. Britton was his best guy down there and he didnt have him in a tie ball game in extras. He didnt even have him warming up at any point.

So ya poor managing. He did a poor job managing his bullpen.
Yea on the surface, that is what happened.

But how DUMB do you have to be to Manage like that?

I mean how HARD would it be, to make such a STUPID decision?

Pretty hard if you ask me. 

Buck didn't have a lapse in good decision making.

The game could have went until he had no Pitchers left and he would have sent Pedro Alvarez to the mound while Britton chewed Sunflower seeds in the Pen. 

Bad managing though.

Last edited:
Yea on the surface, that is what happened.

But how DUMB do you have to be to Manage like that?
I mean how HARD would it be, to make such a STUPID decision?

Pretty hard if you ask me. 
Buck didn't have a lapse in good decision making.
The game could have went until he had no Pitchers left and he would have sent Pedro Alvarez to the mound while Britton chewed Sunflower seeds in the Pen. 
Bad managing though.

Lol So ur saying its impossible that buck ****** up the way he used his bullpen?

I think ur overthinking what happened. It wasnt a fix. Sometimes players lose the game and other times managers lose the game. This was one of those games the manager lost it for them.

Impossible.
Oh well.
I feel really bad for Ubaldo.

Super stoked for Tex/Tor

Last edited:
These fitteds have the NE logo on the side?

They never had on fields with that before.

Thor VS MadBum tonight.

Hoping for a classic pitcher's duel.

9+ K's each, Mets win 1 - 0.

Last edited:
That game last night was on Buck. You don't do what he did in essentially a game 7, do/die scenario.

All that being said, this O's team wasn't gonna do squat even if they beat the Jays.

There is no team speed and nobody (outside of Manny) gets on base with any regularity. They rely TOO much on the long ball, and that dependency was eventually going to lead to them going home at some point.

The team needs to be retooled. There needs to be more of an emphasis on OBP and speed. They'll NEVER surpass teams like the Red Sox or even the Yankees due to how both squads are loaded with young talent in the lineup/farm who can hit for average and power.

Jays/Rangers is gonna be a hell of a series and I hope Bautista gets plunked at every at bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom