2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forgetting that the Giants were a better team than the cubs the first half of the season yeah they were also the worst team the second half. But I'll take a battle tested team any day, especially one with momentum.

People forgetting that the Giants were a better team than the cubs the first half of the season yeah they were also the worst team the second half. But I'll take a battle tested team any day, especially one with momentum.
The Giants bullpen is terrible this season. No lead is safe with those guys.

Cubs will get tight and fold somewhere in the playoffs. Too much baggage. I hate that it'll most likely be against the Giants :smh:

Lester/Hendricks pitching Games 1 and 2 before Bum even taking the mound in the NLDS

Cubs will take this

Giants bullpen is still themselves and their offense hasnt clicked the past months.

But who knows what the baseball gods will do.

Last edited:
Lester/Hendricks pitching Games 1 and 2 before Bum even taking the mound in the NLDS

Cubs will take this

Giants bullpen is still themselves and their offense hasnt clicked the past months.

This. Cubs sure are set up nicely for the Division series.

To add onto that, Shark hasnt pitched in a playoff game and Bum is going up against Arrieta

I guess all wins are created equal. My bad, SF is RED hot!

Watch out Cubs

5 wins in 6 games though? Man I bet they had  less than 20hits  through the 6 games too
roll.gif
 SF in buns G.
Almost every game the Giants played in the last week was essentially an elimination/playoff game.  You made the comment that they came in cold.  They didnt.  They won 5 of 6.  Now you are trying to claim that games arent created equal.  Moving the goalposts much?  

And 20 hits in the last 6 games?  Nice try again.  They had 70.  
He's going to have to pitch them all Bro.

Nobody else in SF has the stuff to CGSO any team much less Cubs.

Let me rephrase that, Cubs will touch SF's pen in every game Bum doesn't pitch.
Cueto has had 2 complete game shutouts this year.  The 2-5 on the Giants also had 3 more complete game 1 run games.  But no one aside from Bumgarner has the stuff to throw a complete game shutout.  Right.

Bro, its totally ok to come out and say you hate the Giants.  No one would care if you do.  But to keep posting comments that couldnt be further from the truth and presenting them as fact is just dumb.  

Cubs will take this

This. Cubs sure are set up nicely for the Division series.

The reason wild card teams have been successful is the fact that you have to just split games 1 and 2, and then you have your ace going against a number 3.

This is going to be an excruciating series. Cubs have to hold serve on games 1 and 2. plain and simple.

Has there been another closer that is great during the regular season but chokes in the playoffs like Familia?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom