2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That indians logo is so racist. It's the equivalent of a sambo
mean.gif
So racist that it's been used since the 1940's, and no one has cared until recently.

People are so soft these days.
Patently false.

Your recent awareness doesn't mean it has only recently been discussed.

First of all.

Second, "We've been drinking from separate water fountains forever. It's just the way it is" and "No, we don't need integrated bathrooms. Has everyone lost their minds?" and "No, that's what they do. It's what they've always done. Keep them out in the fields" were popular rebuttals at one time, too.

Those were civil rights issues, and so is this.

"Yeah, that is pretty effed up" is the only worthy response.

Patently false.

Your recent awareness doesn't mean it has only recently been discussed.

First of all.

Second, "We've been drinking from separate water fountains forever. It's just the way it is" and "No, we don't need integrated bathrooms. Has everyone lost their minds?" and "No, that's what they do. It's what they've always done. Keep them out in the fields" were popular rebuttals at one time, too.

Those were civil rights issues, and so is this.

"Yeah, that is pretty effed up" is the only worthy response.

That's taking what I mean a bit out of context :lol:

I agree with everything you said.

I just don't see the connection between "Indians" and the logo as racism. No one is saying Indians are inferior to anyone.

That's taking what I mean a bit out of context :lol:

I agree with everything you said.

I just don't see the connection between "Indians" and the logo as racism. No one is saying Indians are inferior to anyone.
But they're not Indians.

To not call them by their tribal names says they aren't worthy of being acknowledged of who they really are.

I'd say that's thinking they're inferior.

But they're not Indians.

To not call them by their tribal names says they aren't worthy of being acknowledged of who they really are.

I'd say that's thinking they're inferior.

See, that's a good logical argument. I'll buy that a lot more than other arguments I've heard :lol:

Let's get back to baseball :pimp:

I honestly feel bad for guys facing Chapman. There's just something way worse about being overpowered with a fastball than a dominant breaking ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom