2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouts going to need a lil more help than that
tired.gif
 *no CP

I really hope they don't sell the great haul they've been building for just Chris Sale. The dream scenario is getting back something of worth from Atlanta or Washington for McCann and parlaying those pieces.
Nats will go after Weiters before McCann. I think they plan on going into the season with Severino and Lobaton.

Trouts going to need a lil more help than that |I  *no CP
He def does need some more help
Problem is that the Angels farm system is terrible also
Only way to get better is by signing as much free agents as they can or somehow trade

Last edited:
Miguel Montero acting like a punani. Cmon son..

Fk Miggy!!!
I was driving home from work listening to ESPN radio and heard his interview live. :smh:
Punk move from Montero!!
Maybe it was the adrenaline and liquor talking but, there's a time and a place for that. No one will argue about his stance with Maddon and they way he gassed Chap, but still....u keep that mess in house. Good luck to that clown in his next stop.

BTW we gotta tip our cap and give the tribe props! Damn good series!
Props to the Giants and Dodgers as well!

Last edited:
Miguel Montero acting like a punani. Cmon son..

Montero was happy, however, to be behind the plate for the final two innings of Game 7.

"Catching the last two [innings] of the World Series made it sweet," Montero said. "Otherwise, it would have been nice because I'm part of it but maybe I didn't help as much as I wanted to help. To be more involved ... I would have felt bad to go home with the trophy and not even catch one inning in the World Series. That would be the tough part."

:rolleyes Take your 2 innings and roll with it dude :lol: he played enough in the regular season no?

Sounded to me like a man with some Liquor in him that was doing a bad job of explaining himself.

Was he drinking? ANd I haven't heard much about this but when I saw it on ESPN and they were calling him a baby I figured his words were being twisted or taken out of context....

That man had a pinch hit GS to win a game and had an rbi single in extras in game 7 that turned out to tlbe the winning run, on top of catching the final 2innings of gm7. Id be happy as a pig in **** if i were him

Last edited:
That man had a pinch hit GS to win a game and had an rbi single in extras in game 7 that turned out to tlbe the winning run, on top of catching the final 2innings of gm7. Id be happy as a pig in **** if i were him
Dude's ego bigger than Mt Everest
Ross and Contreras is better anyway

What are they gonna do with Schwarber? You can't trot him out to LF. If you put him back behind the plate then what do you do with Contreras?

Theo has a bit of a predicament on his hands, albeit a convenient one.

What are they gonna do with Schwarber? You can't trot him out to LF. If you put him back behind the plate then what do you do with Contreras?

Theo has a bit of a predicament on his hands, albeit a convenient one.
I think Cubs would have to put Contreras on the bench next season

:lol: :lol:

Contreras is NOT goin on the bench.

Schwarber will be a 3rd catcher (or emergency) like the Ross role, once a week, maybe.

Miggy and Contreras will handle the rest.

Contreras can also play Left and First. He'll play, a lot.

I'm more concerned who catches Lester. That's a bigger issue than any to me. I "assume" Contreras, but not sure. His arm makes more sense than Miggy's with Jon's base runner issue.

Miggy seems to be Arrieta's guy.

Maybe Schwarber catches Hammel, iono. He'll be primary left fielder tho.

Last edited:

Schwarber will be a 3rd catcher (or emergency) like the Ross role, once a week, maybe.

I'm more concerned who catches Lester. That's a bigger issue than any to me. I "assume" Contreras, but not sure. His arm makes more sense than Miggy's with Jon's base runner issue.

Will Schwarber be mobile enough to play LF by April? No lie I would be scared to put him out there

Will Schwarber be mobile enough to play LF by April? No lie I would be scared to put him out there

After a full 12 months recovering? Yes. Why wouldn't he be ready? He's clearly ahead of schedule already.

Scared of another random collision happening????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom