2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubs won 97 games last year without him tho

Yep. And got swept in NLCS with their corner defense looking brutal. Theo addressed that, #1 Def in baseball. :wink:
Best pitching staff in baseball shut that offense down tho

And instead of matching zero's, our defense was giving away run after run.

Again, our O struggled this postseason too, but Def was much better.

I get you'll never give him credit and bad mouth him for life, I get it, but he's been just fine this year, and will be better next year, same as Lester was.

You showing your homerism CP, he's been a + defender but there's no way he's been "just" fine.

He's a massive disappointment from any objective standpoint, there are guys just as good on defense that didn't get massively overpaid.

He had a 1.5 WAR and a negative offensive WAR, that's just terrible no matter his speech during the rain delay or whatever.

You gonna have to miss me with that one.

You showing your homerism CP, he's been a + defender but there's no way he's been "just" fine.

He's a massive disappointment from any objective standpoint, there are guys just as good on defense that didn't get massively overpaid.

He had a 1.5 WAR and a negative offensive WAR, that's just terrible no matter his speech during the rain delay or whatever.

You gonna have to miss me with that one.

Naw, I really don't care how you all feel about him. Joke all you want.

Bryant, Baez, Russell, Schwarber, Soler, Rizzo, Hendricks, Contreras, they all get paid peanuts. Pennies on the dollar.

Paying Jason doesn't hurt the team one tiny bit. Not even a little.

And they won. No matter what else happens, they won. Now he can relax, work on his swing and come back better, same as Lester did.

Won't matter. No one will change their tunes, or give him any credit, etc, that's fine. He'll be "overpaid" "worst contract ever" etc forever in their eyes. So be it.

He came to Chicago, and won a title, year one. Leaving St Louis (and a bigger offer) to do so. He's A OK in my book. :pimp:

All signs point to Heyward mashing next year

unless i'm missing something regarding injuries or whatever, there is no reason Heyward can't get better offensively. he's been better before. might have just been an off year.

and bottom line, the Cubs won it all. they won a bajillion games and won it all. not going to second guess the contract. not yet.

Heyward was great defensively, and he does more than that. Granted his hitting was non-existent this postseason, but I think he really helped this team regroup during the rain delay. Russell & Bryant openly said it helped them. I know Heyward will come back next year much better than he did this year.
I also hope Fowler comes back but I have a feeling he might be in NY next year.

I just don't understand what happened. He was never going to be the hitter everyone thought he'd be, but he fell off a cliff. He already had what looked to be awful mechanics/timing mechanisms and they got even worse this year.

:lol: @ y'all saying he'll get better.

Look up guys with his experience who've hit that badly and then done better.

It's ok for every Theo move not to work, he isn't God.

I've said it 50 different ways, he didn't hit.

But he did plenty of other things that helped this team win The World Series.

That, isn't a flop. Period. 184, 284, 584, I don't care, he played everyday in Right and won a World Series.

Dawson and Sosa hit a ton, they didn't do that. (and both were on Cub playoff teams)

Like I said, give his contract to Bryant if it bothers y'all so damn much, they got it done, no matter who got paid what.

You can't logically rationalize Heyward as being a good deal, period.

The fact that he played right field every day and gave you plus defense doesn't justify the deal because the team won. There are 24 other guys on the roster that made the Cubs who they are.

Also, to rationalize the deal as being ok because other stars of the team are making pennies is not logical either. The money Heyward is making could be divided in a million different ways to make the Cubs a better overall team.

Not to mention Heyward is causing a logjam of keeping better players off the field :lol:

Last edited:
You can't logically rationalize Heyward as being a good deal, period.

The fact that he played right field every day and gave you plus defense doesn't justify the deal because the team won. There are 24 other guys on the roster that made the Cubs who they are.

Also, to rationalize the deal as being ok because other stars of the team are making pennies is not logical either. The money Heyward is making could be divided in a million different ways to make the Cubs a better overall team.

Not to mention Heyward is causing a logjam of keeping better players off the field :lol:

Who? Who is he keeping off the field?

And we had to squeeze 25 guys onto the roster and left off 3-4 contributors, you think dividing his money would "help" the team? :lol:

He was a 6 War guy A YEAR AGO. He had a bad year 1. He has plenty of time to earn his money. (More than he already has)

Better overall team? :lol: You expected 125+ wins or somethin?

Last edited:
AL ROY finalists:

Michael Fulmer
Gary Sanchez
Tyler Naquin

NL ROY finalists:

Corey Seager
Trea Turner
Kenta Maeda

AL MOY finalists:

Terry Francona
Buck Showalter