2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Star game no longer counts for home field in the World Series.

Just got that alert :smh: that's some b.s. for the sole fact that it made the ASG worthwhile.

The pennant winner with the better regular season record is awarded hime field advantage.

Last edited:
In any other sport home field on the line in the ASG wouldn't matter as much IMO, but in baseball...

having it decided by guys on cellar dwelling teams or some average reliever who got in to the game by default was so lame.

back to the drawing board, MLB. maybe put up some $$$$$$$ for the winning team....?

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 13m13 minutes ago
. @MLB DL reduction from 15 days to 10 will result in more DL trips for starting pitchers; with off day/rotation reshuffle, that’s 1 start.

McCutchen might be in DC by the end of the day. Depending on the price, I'm cool with it. I would've rather traded for Billy Hamilton or Kevin Kiermaier.

McCutchen might be in DC by the end of the day. Depending on the price, I'm cool with it. I would've rather traded for Billy Hamilton or Kevin Kiermaier.

As a Mets fan, I dont want that to happen.

Also, I REALLLLLLLY think the Mets should try to keep both Granderson & Bruce. We need more runs.

Still don't think it makes sense for the Mets to hold onto all of those starters. Team ERA rose by .1 from 2015 to 2016. Gsellman and Lugo proved to be pretty solid. They need to flip one of those young starters for another bat. Cespedes alone isn't gonna do it.

it'd be nice if 1 or 2 of those pitchers converted to a reliever

Good. They can reward the team with the best record homefield advantage, how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom