2016 NFL Draft Thread - Do NOT spoil picks during Draft, you are warned.....Mods on standby

There's a lot of indications that the Chargers are going to pass on both Tunsil and Ramsey for Buckner though...

If the Chargers pass on both Tunsil and Ramsey...... :smh: :lol:

Cowboys would run to the podium for Ramsey.

hopefully a team drafts Vernon Adams Jr.

he says he is the 2nd best QB in the draft :lol:

Welp Tunsil's stepdad just filed a lawsuit against him for assault, somehow I feel like his dad is full of **** but we'll see

right before the draft :smh:

Last edited:
@CP1708

not getting back into the debate.. but a couple quotes out of this article explains a lot of why a 6'5, 240, strong armed, athletic, smart and clean off the field guy wasn't on the general radar draft wise

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15158945/does-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz-really-add-20m

"He grew up in Bismarck, North Dakota, and was 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds as a high school freshman."

"Eventually his growth spurt came -- he now stands 6-5 -- but he didn't play quarterback until he was a senior, so he didn't get a single Division I scholarship offer. His profile was so low, in fact, that recruiting site Rivals.com didn't have a bio page for him."

"He redshirted as a freshman, then spent two more years on the bench before he won the NDSU starting job as a junior."

he says he is the 2nd best QB in the draft :lol:

Welp Tunsil's stepdad just filed a lawsuit against him for assault, somehow I feel like his dad is full of **** but we'll see

right before the draft :smh:

Wow.

Maybe one of the teams in the mid-first round paid him to do it then he'll drop the lawsuit the day after the draft :lol:

@CP1708

not getting back into the debate.. but a couple quotes out of this article explains a lot of why a 6'5, 240, strong armed, athletic, smart and clean off the field guy wasn't on the general radar draft wise

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15158945/does-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz-really-add-20m

"He grew up in Bismarck, North Dakota, and was 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds as a high school freshman."

"Eventually his growth spurt came -- he now stands 6-5 -- but he didn't play quarterback until he was a senior, so he didn't get a single Division I scholarship offer. His profile was so low, in fact, that recruiting site Rivals.com didn't have a bio page for him."

"He redshirted as a freshman, then spent two more years on the bench before he won the NDSU starting job as a junior."

At the end of every draft, every single one, Draft analysts look ahead to the next. Hell, I can go look ahead at the 2018 draft right now if I want to.

Last year, Wentz wasn't even a 7th Rd QB. He missed half the season. Now he's #2.

Sorry man, that's bad. Maybe he'll work out, but I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last year, Wentz wasn't even a 7th Rd QB. He missed half the season. Now he's #2.
that isn't true.. there were scouts who had him going as high as 3rd round after his junior year (danial jeremiah said as much in a interview i literally listened to today)

but nothing i said was an actual defense of wentz or where he is going to be selected.. just as i said, explains why he wasn't overly hyped

after his junior year, was invited to be a counselor at Nike's Elite 11 Quarterback Competition after his junior year ( along with Deshaun Watson, Cody Kessler, Christian Hackenberg and J.T. Barrett).. and then was invited to the senior bowl

my point is simply i could see how a guy given those circumstances could be overlooked

and if we're going back a year or two, the top QBs were supposed to be cook and hackenberg in this draft
Sorry man, that's bad. Maybe he'll work out, but I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong.
and it's only bad if it doesn't work out.. the point is to find talent.. who cares when or where you find it.. so what if the dude wasnt rated as the number 1 QB for 3 years prior to the draft

how many USC guys has that worked out with and for?

you have guys like jimmy graham and Antonio gates who were basketball players.. talent is talent

Last edited:
Chargers gone take Tunsil or Bosa. They going offensive or defensive Lineman. They took Quentin Jammer high, I think they're aftaid to go DB. Had they not taken Verrett years ago, they would go Ramsey. This is a team that let Cromartie and Weddle walk. I don't think they want to have contractual obligations tied to a highly drafted DB.

he says he is the 2nd best QB in the draft
laugh.gif

right before the draft
mean.gif
Wow.

Maybe one of the teams in the mid-first round paid him to do it then he'll drop the lawsuit the day after the draft
laugh.gif
I think I read somewhere that it was the same step-dad who turned him in for violations that caused him to miss games at Ole Miss.

the Giants reportedly took Myles Jack off their board because of his knee.

Back
Top Bottom