2016 NFL Draft Thread - Do NOT spoil picks during Draft, you are warned.....Mods on standby

Why are people bashing the Raiders for taking a backup QB?
roll.gif

Bash the Jets, Browns, and Patriots for taking backup QBs worse than this backup QB.

This was a smart move. You would rather be in a Bengals situation when your QB gets injured than a Cowboys situation when your QB gets injured.

Y'all acting like a fourth round pick actually effects the roster.

Why are people bashing the Raiders for taking a backup QB? :rofl:
Bash the Jets, Browns, and Patriots for taking backup QBs worse than this backup QB.
This was a smart move. You would rather be in a Bengals situation when your QB gets injured than a Cowboys situation when your QB gets injured.
4th Round picks definitely have an effect on the roster :lol:

Last edited:
Why are people bashing the Raiders for taking a backup QB? :rofl:

Stick to hockey.

Why are people bashing the Raiders for taking a backup QB?
roll.gif

4th round to undrafted free agents make up 68% of NFL rosters

laugh.gif
Glad to see you can find relevant gifs, good job bro

I can look at that and tell it's at least 5 years old. EVERYTHING from the Owner to even the backup QB has changed since then.

I'm not saying we're Super Bowl bound, but the foundation is being set.

I don't really think the Cook pick was dumb

we see what happens when you have a bad back up QB in this league

look at the Cardinals two years ago and the Cowboys this year

Cook can sit on the bench for 2 years and still be traded for a 4th of he's just decent in preseason.

Not a bad pick at all.

Last edited:
4th round to undrafted free agents make up 68% of NFL rosters
Exactly. 4th round to undrafted free agents.
Point is, whiffing on a 4th round pick is much better than whiffing on a first or second rounder like many other teams did.
A single 4th round pick isn't going to make or break the franchise, and a backup qb is multitudes more valuable than a backup DT or DB who will play 40 snaps in his first season.

(note to self only rounds 1-3 affect roster)
No, what I'm saying is a singular 4th round pick doesn't effect the roster as much as people are making it out to be. Especially when the majority of players taken now are risk-reward types.
And I pay attention to hockey, just not on niketalk. And only during the playoffs. :frown:

I think what my man Silverback is saying...

Iater rounds generally don't have an immediate impact like a first-second rounder can have outside a special talent/steal/character issue drop

Thanks.
That and the fact that nobody bashed the Patriots for choosing some QB nobody has heard of yet the Raiders get bashed for taking a projected second rounder in the fourth round

Pats are in a slightly different position than the Raiders. That was the point of my previous post regarding teams trying this tactic. It may work, but no guanratee and I'd think the raiders would focus on 'need' positions at this point. Sadly we can't see the results of this until like 3 years so the debate is kinda moot

Slightly :lol:

Plus how is getting Jimmy G some competition a bad move when he's gonna have to be thrown into the fire?

I mean, what position do the Raiders really need that will be fulfilled by a 4th round pick though?

They have (on paper, at least) the best OL, a good QB, two good WRs, a good RB, one of the best defenders in the league, and their need for S and DE were already filled in the first three rounds.

Point being, a backup QB is much more valuable when your backup is Matt McGloin than when your backup is Jimmy G. Especially when your team is on the up and up.

Yea BB's definitely taking a RB now after trading up and seeing all of the RB's getting taken right now :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom