2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The only thing I give Lowry a true edge of Conley is his ability to score. There is nothing else that separates him from Conley. This is considering both players are healthy. I'll leave it there and don't need to explain again like I have several other times about this :lol: . Its people in here who think Conley shouldn't be considered a top 25 player, so having this conversation doesn't mean anything

The fact that Lowry was #34 last year (Conley #27) means that SI took into consideration Conley had a injury riddled season, while Lowry made an all-star game and had a career year. I'm sorry, but he's not going 20 spots up (12 higher than Mike) based off one year at the age of 30. They're much closer than that. Considering Conley is 2 years younger, I don't expect Lowry's value to continue to trend upward at this point. I fully anticipate him dropping in that ranking after this season.

Not to mention Lowry has yet to have a decent playoff year. Conley's played better than him almost every year in the playoffs against much better competition. Lowry is going up against George Hill and Goran Dragic in the first two rounds not impressive. Considering how he played, its actually pretty atrocious.

I mean future value is a different question.

Right now. Lowry is obviously a better scorer, better shooter, better rebounder, comparable defender, imo better and passing is a wash. Maybe I give the edge to Conley interms of passing.

Lowry problem is he can't make through 82 healthy, but the same could be said about conley.

and I would say Lowry's past couple years are better than Any conley season injured or not.

but hey, to each their own.

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. Durant
4. CP3
5. Kawhi
6. Harden
7. Westbrook
8. Griffin
9. Davis
10. Draymond

On a nightly basis during the regular season, I think Curry is tops, but as far as apex goes LeBron is king.

Last edited:
John wall a top 10 player. That's a sickening thought

Irving not a top 20 player? I understand he did absolutely squat without Lebby but come on

Klay on Houston instead of harden people would change their minds real quick. He's more of a black hole than James and cant handle the ball like James. He plays better defense but watch him have to be the main scoring option and see what happens

Irving not a top 20 player? I understand he did absolutely squat without Lebby but come on

Klay on Houston instead of harden people would change their minds real quick. He's more of a black hole than James and cant handle the ball like James. He plays better defense but watch him have to be the main scoring option and see what happens

List is dreadful

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. Durant
4. CP3
5. Kawhi
6. Harden
7. Westbrook
8. Griffin
9. Davis
10. Draymond

On a nightly basis during the regular season, I think Curry is tops, but as far as apex goes LeBron is king.

Agreed.

i think there is a consensus for the top 9 players in the league.

That 10th spot is up for debate.

Argument makes no sense. . You want Kyrie as top yet don't take in to account his situation.

You take into account harden over Klay situation though.

roll.gif

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Westbrook
5. Harden
6. CP3
7. Kawhi
8. PG
9. Davis
10. Griffin

Defense is overrated. The game is and always will be about buckets
horrible take. Defense wins chips. It's why the phx suns during the run and gun with Nash won ish.

Or course I'm half trolling. But the Spurs had a historically great defense this year and couldn't stop Durant and Westbrook. Couldn't keep the OKC bigs off of the glass. Durant put up great numbers against a great defender in kiwi.

Offense >>> defense

harden better than kawhi? yall boys high.

#2 is a toss up. Although it will probably go to kd.

Blake can't be on the list, at all, if draymond isn't on it.

Last edited:
Or course I'm half trolling. But the Spurs had a historically great defense this year and couldn't stop Durant and Westbrook. Couldn't keep the OKC bigs off of the glass. Durant put up great numbers against a great defender in kiwi.

Offense >>> defense
historically overrated d. Pg position was broken for the spurs last year and a 40 year old Tim Duncan.
Okc also played great d. Far from an all offense team. Teams that are all o no d win nothing. That's just a fact.

Reason why the Cavs won was Lebron great defensive momentum changing plays . Of course you got to be able to score as well but you don't play d you don't win. Reason why harden and Nash type players don't win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom