2017 Air Jordan 13 AllStar Re-re-release

Wonder why they made a circle for the tongue on these and not the others..any super educated jordan historians know why?? Could it be bc he wore in all star game?? Hell if I know

Last edited:
I had the og's but I messed up not getting the 2011s, so I am glad they're coming back out

This is this best news, I tend to wear these more then the rest. My atf. def in for 2 pair of these and flints. :smokin

Cant wait since I never owned. August/July releases are usually passed on anyway so hopefully these will be buyable 

Will gladly purchase these if true. I have the OG pair DS but am not sure if I can wear them.

wore the 2011s twice i think. Love them. mad comfy. Might wear them again soon on a dry day. Will def look to scoop the remastered joints. See what those are like.

I don't see how "remastered" applies to these. These were never not done correctly.

Wonder why they made a circle for the tongue on these and not the others..any super educated jordan historians know why?? Could it be bc he wore in all star game?? Hell if I know
I would like to know as well. It's very similar to the 8's, just without the chenille material

I think I read that the ring was there to symbolize a championship ring. These were a playoff color way.

I have been asking this question for years in the sneaker community about this shoe and maybe it can be answered in this thread.

When did the OGs of this colorway officially produce and release? The reason why I ask this is because when the white/black 13s dropped I know 2 people for certain that had this colorway on feet before thanksgiving 1997. They always stood out because their 13s looked so sleek compared to everyone else white/blacks. Them boys were neckbreakers. Nobody in our city had a black based 13 until spring 1998 and those were mostly black/reds. One of the dudes was a kid in my neighborhood and he always told me he got them at a Nike Factory store. He said they had stacks of both colorways along with all the team gear at launch date in the store.

The reason why I believed him because before 13s officially came out, slam magazine dropped that air jordan tribute issue and it had a preview shot of every colorway including lows, greytoes and other prototypes. Another reason is because Nike Factory did this with penny 3/penny 4 release. The allstar colorway was available in my area same time as home colorway launch. If any of you older guys can remember was this the case in your area as well?

Definite cop for me. These were the first pair of Js I ever got back in high school. I think I blew a whole paycheck from my fastfood job at the time. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I have been asking this question for years in the sneaker community about this shoe and maybe it can be answered in this thread.

When did the OGs of this colorway officially produce and release? The reason why I ask this is because when the white/black 13s dropped I know 2 people for certain that had this colorway on feet before thanksgiving 1997. They always stood out because their 13s looked so sleek compared to everyone else white/blacks. Them boys were neckbreakers. Nobody in our city had a black based 13 until spring 1998 and those were mostly black/reds. One of the dudes was a kid in my neighborhood and he always told me he got them at a Nike Factory store. He said they had stacks of both colorways along with all the team gear at launch date in the store.

The reason why I believed him because before 13s officially came out, slam magazine dropped that air jordan tribute issue and it had a preview shot of every colorway including lows, greytoes and other prototypes. Another reason is because Nike Factory did this with penny 3/penny 4 release. The allstar colorway was available in my area same time as home colorway launch. If any of you older guys can remember was this the case in your area as well?
Hope this helps shed light on your question

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jor...inal-og-13-xiii-playoff-black-true-red-white/

Without a question my favorite XIII colorway.

Pockets were empty when they last released and I just never bothered to dig around for a good deal on the resale market because I'm just lazy with that. In for one if they do release, and maybe two if they don't fly.

Will gladly purchase these if true. I have the OG pair DS but am not sure if I can wear them.

You can, you'd just have to keep an eye out for separation as far as I know.

I still have that 1998 all star game on vhs.  I recorded it thinking at that time it would be his last asg.  Passing the torch to Kobe was the theme that night.  Those shoes shoes while being simple in color just worked.  I pretty much got the idea they would be seen again in the playoffs.  Look better with black socks.  Just an opinion.  The 2011 release is nice so just trying to imagine what they can remaster other than an og box.  If remastering is still going on..?  I may be incorrect on this but I believe the 2011 was varsity red and the originals are true red.  My box is in my garage and don't want to dig it out to verify.  Anyway I hope these do come back.  Great shoe..

Without a question my favorite XIII colorway.

Pockets were empty when they last released and I just never bothered to dig around for a good deal on the resale market because I'm just lazy with that. In for one if they do release, and maybe two if they don't fly.

You can, you'd just have to keep an eye out for separation as far as I know.

I probably worded it poorly.
I know I can wear them. I just don't feel like wearing them and having them fall apart on me.

I don't know the exact release dates, but I can give you a general idea. The first XIII, the white/black launch colorway, I got those the day they came out. It was October 31, 1997.

The next colorway, which was the white/red pair, released very early in January of 1998. The navy pair released the week of the all star game in the middle of February. Never owned either of those.

The playoff edition I got the day they came out. It was March 28, 1998.

Then the black/red dropped in early June 1998 for the finals. Never had those.

Sorry I don't know the exact dates for all five, but if a colorway didn't interest me, I didn't pay close attention to the release dates back then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom