2017 Best Places to Live in America vol. NYC didn't crack top 20 cities

U & Karl Malone are bald and we saw Deron Williams' hair when he played for the Jazz...

I'm curious about the barber shops... :lol:

Y'all are so :lol:

A friend of mine came here from L.A. years ago and set up shop right outside of the Air Force Base. Fast forward 20 years later he has the Base, and 3 cities surrounded it on look. He is usually book 3 weeks to a month out. He is dumb nice.

Cats literally almost have subscriptions with him.

Srs question, how is life for a black man in Salt Lake.. curious
My bad I did not see this. I touched on it a few posts up but:

It is pretty good but not necessarily easy. You can't bring that white people stuff out here (not saying you have it) cause you will just flat out go crazy.

The dating seen is kind of rough cause it is hard to find the diversity you may be looking for. People I run with are not from here. But like I mentioned - you take yourself wherever you go so it is really up to you.

But corporations find a ton of value in people having different perspectives/backgrounds which has helped with bringing talent and overall improving the city/ Utah.

I dunno man ask me something specific
laugh.gif
do a lot of towns not sale alcohol at all? I know in the LDS area out here they don't

So like 5 out of every 1,000 people? 1 out of every 200? Nah bro, don't need that. We've come far but I don't think we've come that far. I'm a big burly looking dude too so anything something happened I'm going to be the first person looked at.
As of the census 2010 via Wiki Hartford, CT has damn near 40% blacks.

You scared of CT?

do a lot of towns not sale alcohol at all? I know in the LDS area out here they don't

they all do. Just not at grocery stores and not after 10 (liquor stores close).

We do have some GREAT breweries here though if you are into beer.

Houston proper, while it is diverse most stick to their race. Except on the Northwest side it's a melting pot.

For a young black male, doesn't get any better than Houston.

Hearing nothing but wonderful things about Houston from residents and visitors alike.

I plan on hitting Houston this summer to see how things are myself

It's one of the top 3 places I'm looking to move to post grad this fall.

they all do. Just not at grocery stores and not after 10 (liquor stores close).

We do have some GREAT breweries here though if you are into beer.
weren't they trying to pass some law to get rid of happy hour, and that included making sure the bar area wasn't visible from the dining area or something crazy like that
laugh.gif
 I remember reading something in the paper a while ago 

It is more diverse than one would think and it has 4 seasons - mountains etc.

Too much to do man. 4 sports teams. People are a little less tight.

Also - Boulder and Fort Collins are close and both are stupid fun.

It is one of those melting pot type cities where most people there aren't from there.

Broncos fans though :x

weren't they trying to pass some law to get rid of happy hour, and that included making sure the bar area wasn't visible from the dining area or something crazy like that :lol:  I remember reading something in the paper a while ago 

Happy hour has been illegal for as long as I have been 21. They have some strange laws around alcohol.

Like - other states typically have bar areas in resturants to accomadate people waiting etc.

Here - they have those areas but you have to be seated. You cannot stand and drink in a social type of way if a restaurant only has a restaurant license.

Which is complicate - because out of Utah receiving a liquor/bar license as a restaurant seems to be automatic but here it is very difficult. It costs a lot of money. So you usually only see that stuff with chains like Cheesecake, Brio etc.

I would've never considered Salt Lake City. Figured it was a death sentence for people of color.

Houston is great if you can deal with the weather.

Salt Lake City :pimp:

If any of you have a degree and a decent resume and are coming from a hyper competitive culture/city.

PLEASE COME HERE :lol:

Place is growing like crazy and cost of living is low.
It's crazy because when I went to Salt Lake City and Boise, there was hella white people yet I experienced zero racism. I literally went into a target with 9 out of 10 being white yet I had no mean mugs or anything. Can't say the same for the road trip on the way there though.

It's crazy because when I went to Salt Lake City and Boise, there was hella white people yet I experienced zero racism. I literally went into a target with 9 out of 10 being white yet I had no mean mugs or anything. Can't say the same for the road trip on the way there though.

I have only had a couple of instances of blatant racism out of all these years.

What I have experienced a lot though - is that a lot of people out here do not have a clue about racism and the different dynamics of it.

It is almost like - they feel that they are not racist and go out of their way (at times) to prove that they are not. Which is good and bad IMO.

But I am telling you man - people are fair and will always treat you how you act etc. and do anything for you.

I have only had a couple of instances of blatant racism out of all these years.

What I have experienced a lot though - is that a lot of people out here do not have a clue about racism and the different dynamics of it.

It is almost like - they feel that they are not racist and go out of their way (at times) to prove that they are not. Which is good and bad IMO.

But I am telling you man - people are fair and will always treat you how you act etc. and do anything for you.
Yeah I don't think they share the same history as a lot of places around the country because they never had a lot of black to begin with.

Grand Rapids is FAR from white.
laugh.gif

Source: I grew up there.
Quoted for accuracy, grew up there too.

However no way this **** is in the Top 20 cities in America. Roads are ****, weather is ****, only decent jobs are in medical field, etc

Last edited:
Yeahhh... on second thought no longer interested.

I'm from the east coast and it's not even that serious until the dead center of Summer in my opinion. You'll be in AC and Central Air most of the time anyways. That humidity though...

Hearing nothing but wonderful things about Houston from residents and visitors alike.

I plan on hitting Houston this summer to see how things are myself

It's one of the top 3 places I'm looking to move to post grad this fall.

You'll love it man. I'm sure the Houston natives on NT know way more than me. I relocated from the east so it's been 3 years now. I'm staying right here and ain't going nowhere unless it's somewhere else in Texas :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom