2017 Best Places to Live in America vol. NYC didn't crack top 20 cities

from what I heard Irish run Boston, and if you're not white you run the risk of Irish cops pulling you over and smacking you up while calling you racial slurs

This is definitely a list for American white people. I see maybe 5-6 places where minorities/foreigners can live happily :lol:

How is Boston (cost of living) like compared to CA and NYC?
nerd.gif
I think it is higher.  Boston/Cambridge is expensive as ****.

I'm from the east coast and it's not even that serious until the dead center of Summer in my opinion. You'll be in AC and Central Air most of the time anyways. That humidity though...
You'll love it man. I'm sure the Houston natives on NT know way more than me. I relocated from the east so it's been 3 years now. I'm staying right here and ain't going nowhere unless it's somewhere else in Texas
pimp.gif
I 2nd everything your saying. I am from NY. I moved down there with my brother for work and we lived on the south west side......a few blocks from the Galleria mall. We had a blast for 4 years before we moved back to NY. Need I say that I still regret moving back 
sick.gif

Just so you know, Austin is pretty expensive, can't believe what I pay for rent :smh: it's very nice though. Just realized Houston is on the list too, I lived there for a year and loved it.

Nothing but yankees movin to charlotte now. Yall love that southeren cookin and cornbread fed women.

Used to visit friends in Raleigh all the time. Cheap cost of living, hospitable people, and good job market for healthcare industry. Traffic isn't bad either.

Strongly considered moving down there but DC area is home. I'm making it work here but damn the cost of living gets higher ane higher.

Strongly considered moving down there but DC area is home. I'm making it work here but damn the cost of living gets higher ane higher.

Dont know how yall do it.

Brother pays 1200 for a basic *** 1 bedroom.

You can get a live downtown studio for that much out here.

Dont know how yall do it.

Brother pays 1200 for a basic *** 1 bedroom.

You can get a live downtown studio for that much out here.
After 5 years of paying 1200-1400 a month for 1 bedroom apts I caved and got roommates. Saving for a year then [hopefully] buying a condo. I'd be living like king in NC but I built a good professional network here which really pays off.

from what I heard Irish run Boston, and if you're not white you run the risk of Irish cops pulling you over and smacking you up while calling you racial slurs

No they don't. Boston is a safe city, racism is like any other city, Boston is very gentrified, cops in the city are diverse, a lot of black cops/detectives.

Suburbs outside of the city though..... Cops are all racist as **** :lol: can't even lie :lol: if your black expect to get pulled over if your car is somewhat decent or sometimes just for being black.

Are some of these areas safe for black people ?

underrated question. i def want to check out seattle, and salt lake. seattle apparently has a big tech scene.

denver seems cool. spent a day there. small as hell, but im from nyc, so that is to be expected. the ease of access to the mountains is dope, and there is a ton of construction going on there.

i wanna check out NC too. some positive reaction to that state in this thread.

NYC is unlike any other, but the rent is too damn high real talk. MTA lookin to raise that fare to 3 cash, wild gentrification with developers coming in and ******* up the status quo for better or for worse. city is overcrowded, and somehow these cubicles that rent for 3stacks are popular as hell. for what? closer access to manhattan?

the knicks suck and has more drama than TNT or NT. im so happy i was raised in the city, but i don't think its the move looking ahead. cost is over inflated. plus there is no big engineering scene there so it doesn't fit career wise.

so im def down with the movement to smaller up and coming cities, with strong career growth especially in STEM fields, and low cost of living.

all about the power of the dollar word to 50, but whats good with that diversity tho?

Are some of these areas safe for black people ?
underrated question. i def want to check out seattle, and salt lake. seattle apparently has a big tech scene.

denver seems cool. spent a day there. small as hell, but im from nyc, so that is to be expected. the ease of access to the mountains is dope, and there is a ton of construction going on there.

i wanna check out NC too. some positive reaction to that state in this thread.

NYC is unlike any other, but the rent is too damn high real talk. MTA lookin to raise that fare to 3 cash, wild gentrification with developers coming in and ******* up the status quo for better or for worse. city is overcrowded, and somehow these cubicles that rent for 3stacks are popular as hell. for what? closer access to manhattan?

the knicks suck and has more drama than TNT or NT. im so happy i was raised in the city, but i don't think its the move looking ahead. cost is over inflated. plus there is no big engineering scene there so it doesn't fit career wise.

so im def down with the movement to smaller up and coming cities, with strong career growth especially in STEM fields, and low cost of living.

all about the power of the dollar word to 50, but whats good with that diversity tho?
Indy growing like crazy right now. Pretty diverse too.

I 2nd everything your saying. I am from NY. I moved down there with my brother for work and we lived on the south west side......a few blocks from the Galleria mall. We had a blast for 4 years before we moved back to NY. Need I say that I still regret moving back :x

Awh man yall were a few blocks from the Galleria Mall too and moved back to NY? Smh. Prime location. I'm actually thinking of moving around that area. It's a blast in Houston so much to do and see and plenty of space.

Awh man yall were a few blocks from the Galleria Mall too and moved back to NY? Smh. Prime location. I'm actually thinking of moving around that area. It's a blast in Houston so much to do and see and plenty of space.

I just moved from the galleria area a few months ago. Lived there about six years. I had too much fun. Instant access to everything.

Back
Top Bottom