• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
73 wins DO matter and KD punked out

or

73 wins don't matter and KD made the smart/right choice

Pick your poison...

Funny thing is KD obviously doesn't care at all. Bron got thru it and he will too.

I understand where people are coming from but fact is the "king" changed the rules. Can't be mad that somebody beats you at your own game.(even tho this series is far from over imo) And people keep bringing up the celtics. Which I don't think is the same seeing as how trades made that happen.

Yup.  However, most people believe the two bolded....which is a blatant contradiction.
I think this is blatantly false. KD joined a 73 win team that beat him after being up 3-1. That's by far the biggest criticism with his move. 
That's fine.  But the fact of the matter is, you and many many other people keep bringing up the fact that KD joined a 73 win team.  Most are the same people (not necessarily saying you), who claim that 73 wins is irrelevant because they didnt win a title.

That is all I am saying.

That's fine.  But the fact of the matter is, you and many many other people keep bringing up the fact that KD joined a 73 win team.  Most are the same people (not necessarily saying you), who claim that 73 wins is irrelevant because they didnt win a title.

That is all I am saying.
There is no correlation between these two things. 73 didn't mean anything to the 2016 Warriors in regards to validating their own greatness as a team last year since they didn't win the chip. It does mean something in regards to Durant coming aboard when they did beat KD after doing so and he had a big hand in choking away that lead in the WCF. I'm not sure how this is difficult to comprehend. The facts are he joined a team that had a historic regular season, came back on him from a 3-1 lead, and won a chip without him. It's the textbook definition of jumping on the bandwagon. Why are Warriors fans so sensitive? Just enjoy your team.

That is all I am saying.
There is no correlation between these two things. 73 didn't mean anything to the 2016 Warriors in regards to validating their own greatness as a team last year since they didn't win the chip. It does mean something in regards to Durant coming aboard when they did beat KD after doing so and he had a big hand in choking away that lead in the WCF. I'm not sure how this is difficult to comprehend. The facts are he joined a team that had a historic regular season, came back on him from a 3-1 lead, and won a chip without him. It's the textbook definition of jumping on the bandwagon. Why are Warriors fans so sensitive? Just enjoy your team.
You want me to answer about others, because that certainly doesnt apply to me.  I have rarely posted in the NBA threads all year to avoid trivial nonsense like this.  As a fan of one of the biggest doormats in sports for decades, you bet your *** I am enjoying every second of this.

All I am saying is most of the anti-Warrior crowd have so many contradictory opinions, its ridiculous.  Whether you believe this specific instance is not a good example is besides the point.

And for the record, if you believe there is zero correlation, why do you and others always use the number 73 in your evaluation of Durant coming aboard?  The blowing a 3-1 lead to the Warriors is valid.  But YOU wrote 73, not me.

Last edited:

You want me to answer about others, because that certainly doesnt apply to me.  I have rarely posted in the NBA threads all year to avoid trivial nonsense like this.  As a fan of one of the biggest doormats in sports for decades, you bet your *** I am enjoying every second of this.

All I am saying is most of the anti-Warrior crowd have so many contradictory opinions, its ridiculous.  Whether you believe this specific instance is not a good example is besides the point.
It's not contradictory at all though. Y'all are viewing it as so. I've seen plenty of whining on Twitter from the Dubs contingent in general putting on the capes for KD. It really has nothing to do about their 'team' it's about this one guy and his decision. It was a weak move, no way around it. Was it effective, yes it was as well. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

It's not contradictory at all though. Y'all are viewing it as so. I've seen plenty of whining on Twitter from the Dubs contingent in general putting on the capes for KD. It really has nothing to do about their 'team' it's about this one guy and his decision. It was a weak move, no way around it. Was it effective, yes it was as well. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. 
You responded before I finished my edit.  See above.

And I mean contradictory in general in regards to the Warriors.  Not just this.

You responded before I finished my edit.  See above.

And I mean contradictory in general in regards to the Warriors.  Not just this.
The 73 wins speaks to the talent that was already there and what they were able to accomplish without adding the 2nd best player in the world. 

LeBron started it.  KD just perfected it.  If Lebby had been able to read the tea laeves for GSWs future he darn well would've joined them first.

Durant the best player on that 73 win team though.........
Exactly :lol: Bron got killed for going to Miami then he lost in a finals that his team was favored in, was leading at one point, and he severely underperformed.

Fast forward 6 years and he's better than MJ :lol:

KD gets some finals MVPs and all will be forgotten. He'll be sitting at the table with Bron Jordan whoever.

Like Bron's legacy was in the goddamn toilet after Dallas came back on them man :lol: His 18 ppg is just a footnote now.

Last edited:
LeBron started it.  KD just perfected it.  If Lebby had been able to read the tea laeves for GSWs future he darn well would've joined them first.
Nobody saw the Warriors coming. 2015 kinda happened out of nowhere.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom