• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's fine.  But the fact of the matter is, you and many many other people keep bringing up the fact that KD joined a 73 win team.  Most are the same people (not necessarily saying you), who claim that 73 wins is irrelevant because they didnt win a title.

That is all I am saying.
There is no correlation between these two things. 73 didn't mean anything to the 2016 Warriors in regards to validating their own greatness as a team last year since they didn't win the chip. It does mean something in regards to Durant coming aboard when they did beat KD after doing so and he had a big hand in choking away that lead in the WCF. I'm not sure how this is difficult to comprehend. The facts are he joined a team that had a historic regular season, came back on him from a 3-1 lead, and won a chip without him. It's the textbook definition of jumping on the bandwagon. Why are Warriors fans so sensitive? Just enjoy your team.

this idea that KD choked away OKC's 3-1 lead is kinda misleading. dude might have been the leader of team so responsibility falls on him but in the 3 games OKC won, KD shot a combined 28/69 (40%). in the last 3 games OKC lost, shot a combined 32/81 (39%)

choking implies that his play was great to begin with and then suddenly went ghost. his offensive production that series was inefficient the entire series, which can also be said about Russ and the entire team. big part of them losing the series wasn't about KD suddenly not knowing how to shoot, it was the warriors finally started rebounding the ball and stopped getting abused in the paint by adams/kanter

this idea that KD choked away OKC's 3-1 lead is kinda misleading. dude might have been the leader of team so responsibility falls on him but in the 3 games OKC won, KD shot a combined 28/69 (40%). in the last 3 games OKC lost, shot a combined 32/81 (39%)

choking implies that his play was great to begin with and then suddenly went ghost. his offensive production that series was inefficient the entire series, which can also be said about Russ and the entire team. big part of them losing the series wasn't about KD suddenly not knowing how to shoot, it was the warriors finally started rebounding the ball and stopped getting abused in the paint by adams/kanter
Plus they started to hit 3's at an absurd clip and finally started resembling themselves a bit from the 3pt line.

Exactly :lol: Bron got killed for going to Miami then he lost in a finals that his team was favored in, was leading at one point, and he severely underperformed.

Fast forward 6 years and he's better than MJ :lol:

KD gets some finals MVPs and all will be forgotten. He'll be sitting at the table with Bron Jordan whoever.

Like Bron's legacy was in the goddamn toilet after Dallas came back on them man :lol: His 18 ppg is just a footnote now.

BOLDED
FOR
EMPHASIS

Last edited:
The Warriors shot 50-40-90 last game, and yet some of you guys think the Cavs have a chance.

I also dont know why every sub Ty Lue is making is an offensive one, stop trying to score with GS, you cant do it. 

They played the second fastest game of their season last night. The first? The game where they got dragged by 30 to GS...

The Warriors shot 50-40-90 last game, and yet some of you guys think the Cavs have a chance.

I also dont know why every sub Ty Lue is making is an offensive one, stop trying to score with GS, you cant do it. 

They played the second fastest game of their season last night. The first? The game where they got dragged by 30 to GS...

kevin love's first half yesterday was absolute fool's gold. he out there lookin like david lee with a 3 pointer.

the problem for the cavs is when they try to better defend GSW, they'd probably have to pull kevin love and kyle korver off the court. but then who can spread the court on offense? besides JR's usual anomaly game where he'll hit 5/8 from 3, you can't count on him. shumpert's shot selection is horrid, and richard jefferson's ankles are still remolding themselves after they were obliterated to dust in game 1.

besides switching TT onto KD (which has been laughed at in length on NT) and letting LeBron play more help defense, i don't see any defensive subs that they could make without a great sacrifice on offense.

the fact that they forced GSW into 20 turnovers and still got blown out by 19 speaks volumes to the defensive match up difficulty the cavs are in

Last edited:
kevin love's first half yesterday was absolute fool's gold. he out there lookin like david lee with a 3 pointer.

Kevin Love made some good plays defensively yesterday.

He's improved quite a bit on that end. No longer a real liability that's "unplayable".

Honestly, Love had a great year and playoffs this year....and would've been ALL NBA if he didn't get hurt. It's good to see his resurgsnce.

laugh.gif
that man darthska has had it

here's a live look at his ctrl + v buttons
Where's the lie? 
laugh.gif

Thats a lot of quotes Ska :lol: I now have this tingly butterfly feeling in my stomach for some reason.

Last edited:

russ was the reason they lost. dude iq and situational awareness is buns... durant carried that team but russ just wants to stat pad and take turns going one on one. okc failures are on russ. point blank. durant is a far superior player and had to play in that trash offense.

Last edited:

Kevin Love made some good plays defensively yesterday.

He's improved quite a bit on that end. No longer a real liability that's "unplayable".

Honestly, Love had a great year and playoffs this year....and would've been ALL NBA if he didn't get hurt. It's good to see his resurgsnce.

the problem for klove in this series is that they're treating him like the cavs treated steph last finals. they're setting picks and forcing him to guard KD, steph, or klay (off-ball) and he's been slow to make a decision on whether to close out or play the drive. should already know it's GSW, just run at the shooter

so curry double-dribbled on the one-on-one with LeBron.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nba...double-dribble-frame-by-frame-breakdown-video

poor kid can never do things right. can't make a 3 in Craig Sager's memory, can't follow the first rule of basketball when dribbling.

can't believe we gotta wait another 2 days for game 3. i am eager to see how curry will outdo his cheerleader high kick.

giphy.gif

:pimp: such a cool cat!

Last edited:
Where does everybody have LeBron ranked on their all time list? Ahead of Durant? Jordan? Kobe..?
clearly behind Jordan but clearly ahead of Durant.

he's in the mix with Kobe, Shaq, etc. the exact ordering depends on what your criteria are.

Where does everybody have LeBron ranked on their all time list? Ahead of Durant? Jordan? Kobe..?

he's in the mix with Kobe, Shaq, etc. the exact ordering depends on what your criteria are.

i can't even disagree with him being ahead of KD.

but time could change that. given how KD has cooked him in the first two games, assuming he does so in the next two and in a conceivable rematch in 2018, i'd start putting KD ahead of bron.

KD is just entering his prime in terms of age while it's possible that we might be seeing the last part of bron's dominance. not trying to get too far ahead of myself but if this GSW core stays together, KD could very well end up with more championships than lebron with just as impressive of a stat line

so curry double-dribbled on the one-on-one with LeBron.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nba...double-dribble-frame-by-frame-breakdown-video

poor kid can never do things right. can't make a 3 in Craig Sager's memory, can't follow the first rule of basketball when dribbling.

can't believe we gotta wait another 2 days for game 3. i am eager to see how curry will outdo his cheerleader high kick.

giphy.gif

:pimp: such a cool cat!

My phone was loading that gif slowly.... he looks mentally handicapped in slow motion.

You have a different definition of choking than I do. Choking to me is when the pressure mounts you deviate from what you normally do. KD wasn't shooting well but he wasn't really forcing things, he's never been one to do that. That Game 6 he came out from jump in full chuck mode. Russ did what he always does plays erratically at times down the stretch but I watched that game over the break in between the conference finals and finals. Never seen KD play like that before or since. Then in Game 7 he goes the opposite direction not really getting involved until in what was a close game at halftime, basically invisible in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

i can't even disagree with him being ahead of KD.

but time could change that. given how KD has cooked him in the first two games, assuming he does so in the next two and in a conceivable rematch in 2018, i'd start putting KD ahead of bron.

KD is just entering his prime in terms of age while it's possible that we might be seeing the last part of bron's dominance. not trying to get too far ahead of myself but if this GSW core stays together, KD could very well end up with more championships than lebron with just as impressive of a stat line
i agree but he'd need a title without the golden state all-stars at some point. i wouldn't have put Kobe up there if he didn't win a title without Shaq or LeBron if he didn't win without Wade+Bosh. I'm not saying it's fair either but it (joining the warriors at their peak) is going to be a big part of KD's narrative.

KD has a lot of basketball left to play so he will have an opportunity to jettison himself into the top echelon.

WIthout putting too much thought into it at all...

Magic (this will probably never change for me)
Jordan (or this)

Kareem

(Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Wilt, Big O)

Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom