• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, how many guys reach that rarified, Kobe, Lebron air where their Legacies really matter post retirement? And matter to the point where they're sacrificing Ms for the chance at rings.

I said that already. There were guys saying money regardless.

Those people are idiots.

Again, this idea of sacrificing personal monetary gain for championships is only applicable to a handful of guys. It just so happened, someone like Manu and Tony Parker found themselves in that position. Again, which is why I brought up Klay.

Klay too though.

No one is going to call Klay an all time great. He's not going to win a ring as a lead guy. Won't ever be multiple MVPs. Even someone on Klay's level In my opinion doesn't benefit from chasing rings for the sake of losing money.
Which is why it's hilarious when people claim he's going to "want his own team" 
laugh.gif

Klay can be the Pippen of this era if they keep stacking chips and maybe in a couple years he does leave and become the guy.

Klay too though.

No one is going to call Klay an all time great. He's not going to win a ring as a lead guy. Won't ever be multiple MVPs. Even someone on Klay's level In my opinion doesn't benefit from chasing rings for the sake of losing money.

If Klay leaves the GSW for his own team, he will be like Harrison Barnes. Who talks about Harrison Barnes anymore? If Klay stays, he had a great chance to be in the HOF, while making some cash regardless. Will be have to give up maybe $5-10M's a year? Yeah, probably. But for the sake of rings and having that status? I'd do it.

Klay can be the Pippen of this era if they keep stacking chips and maybe in a couple years he does leave and become the guy.
I'm not seeing this.

If he stays on GSW he'll always be looked at as a 3rd wheel at best.

If he leaves GSW and is "the guy," he probably won't' even make the playoffs.

Klay too though.

Basically James worthy

Which is why it's hilarious when people claim he's going to "want his own team" :lol:  

****** is strange :lol:.

Aside from Reggie Miller....I can't think of a lead guard that didn't rebound, playmake and distribute. Klay in the perfect role.

I'm not seeing this.

If he stays on GSW he'll always be looked at as a 3rd wheel at best.

If he leaves GSW and is "the guy," he probably won't' even make the playoffs.

Besides the "status", Klay doesn't benefit at all if he leaves GSW. It's the same for Draymond. I think they both realize that they need GS as much as GS needs them.

i could see a couple situations where klay could get more credit than he is currently getting.. doesnt necessarily have to leave to be 'the guy'

but he could go from being the 3rd (at best) or 4th guy (how most realistically view him currently)

Last edited:
If Klay leaves the GSW for his own team, he will be like Harrison Barnes. Who talks about Harrison Barnes anymore? If Klay stays, he had a great chance to be in the HOF, while making some cash regardless. Will be have to give up maybe $5-10M's a year? Yeah, probably. But for the sake of rings and having that status? I'd do it.
I guess this is where we differ.

Because after this year, Klay will have two chips.

No amount of chips is going to alter his standing historically as long as he's playing 3rd fiddle.

If a team offers me (Klay) a 200M Bag, am I really going to stay for the sake of Status and Rings? Hell nah. My status is already solidified. No amount of rings is changing that if I'm Klay. Klay isn't in that air where rings matter to me.

i could see a couple situations where klay could get more credit than he is currently getting.. doesnt necessarily have to leave to be 'the guy'

but he could go from being the 3rd or 4th guy

Absolutely. That's what I meant.

Curry total shot attempts this season with Durant: 1,443
Westbrook total shot attempts his last season with Durant: 1,444

*Stats are pace adjusted

Things that make you go [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
i knew klay was a beta when curry did the "i'm back" thing and klay was in the back saying "he's back"

klay's not going anywhere 

No amount of chips is going to alter his standing historically as long as he's playing 3rd fiddle.

If a team offers me (Klay) a 200M Bag, am I really going to stay for the sake of Status and Rings? Hell nah. My status is already solidified. No amount of rings is changing that if I'm Klay. Klay isn't in that air where rings matter to me.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Klay is one of those guys that should secure the bag.

At least Harrison Barnes was 24 and not yet in his prime.

Klay is IN his prime right now @ 27. He'll be 29 when his new deal starts. 

Pushing 30, how many dudes are looking to accept an upgraded role on a lesser team when they're on a contender already? 

So anyone have an explanation why Lue won't put in Shump for JR in the starting lineup?

"It's gotten us this far, can't change what got us here" As flawed as this may be, i'm sure this is his line of thinking along with the message that it would send to his team and JR by benching him. Team would look at T Lue like he's panicking and JR's confidence may wain
Yet TT is stapled to the bench after 8 minutes.

The guy is clueless man, keeps making offense oriented subs for a team he has no hope of outscoring.

We look at things differently I guess. If I'm Klay, and making Millions every year in SILICON VALLEY? Hell no. I'm never leaving :lol:

I'd make up the "lost" money being an angel investor. Honestly, it's like poker bruh. You control the bids, you control the table. All you need is 1 investment to hit.

Here's some perspective, if you had invested $200 in Uber back in 2012, you could've made $12M right now. Imagine an IPO? MY.GOD.

Last edited:
Curry total shot attempts this season with Durant: 1,443
Westbrook total shot attempts his last season with Durant: 1,444

*Stats are pace adjusted

Things that make you go [emoji]129300[/emoji]

We ignoring the 15 games Durant missed this season?

In the 4th quarter:
2017: Curry 3.6 FGA/G, 45%
2016: Westbrook 4.6 FGA/G, 40%

Durant's touches:
2016: 65.3
2017: 61.1

Never about volume.

But Westbrook FROZE KD out.

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

We look at things differently I guess. If I'm Klay, and making Millions every year in SILICON VALLEY? Hell no. I'm never leaving
laugh.gif

I'd make up the "lost" money being an angel investor. Honestly, it's like poker bruh. You control the bids, you control the table. All you need is 1 investment to hit.

Here's some perspective, if you had invested $200 in Uber back in 2012, you could've made $12M right now. Imagine an IPO? My.GOD.
sick.gif
sick.gif
Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom