2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Man some were calling Jordan the goat when he was 1--0 in the finals b :lol:

I don't remember these conversations. NT didn't exist and I was 6 years old when they won their first. I do remember how recess banter was ruthless, but also subjective; No way a true formulated opinion was agreed upon at that age.

If you're older than that, then the floor is yours. Jordan been the GOAT, but unless it was an uncle at the grill or some misinformed relative, I can't see how this was the norm, given that every chance Jordan had, at that point, to defend his throne, he capitalized.

Don't let Korver start shooting the lights out and begin to think he's invincible from three.

Lebron with the dime!

Would Jordan be the universal GOAT if he was 4-2 instead of 6-0?

Keep it a buck? Yes

The reason why Jordan is the GOAT isn't just because of some finals record.

Sure that's a part of it, but his greatness and influence is so great that it swallows his finals record

Yes, some would question though. It just didn't happen and a lot of us saw him do it and how well he did it. No changing that. And I'm not on the influence stuff about his brand and such...From a basketball standpoint and that standpoint only...MJ was is folklore status.

I don't remember these conversations. NT didn't exist and I was 6 years old when they won their first. I do remember how recess banter was ruthless, but also subjective; No way a true formulated opinion was agreed upon at that age.

If you're older than that, then the floor is yours. Jordan been the GOAT, but unless it was an uncle at the grill or some misinformed relative, I can't see how this was the norm, given that every chance Jordan had, at that point, to defend his throne, he capitalized.
shoe king barely mid 20s.he don't remember people calling mj the goat in 91

I'm almost positive that Magic, Bird, Kareem and Russell were still held in higher acclaim. 91 was literally the year the 'torch was passed from the Magic-Bird era'. MJ wasn't no GOAT after 1 chip.

NT talent evaluators help me out here.

What's the difference between Andrew Nicholson and Kelly Olynyk? My dude Drew couldn't even get minutes with the Nets.

Last edited:
Do you guys co-sign the idea of "voter fatigue" as a way to justify not giving the MVP to guys like Jordan and Bron when they're running the league as a way to diversify MVP winners?

Lol yes, that's how Rose won. Sometimes when you see a guy being highly productive for a long time, it just gets boring

checking the box score whats going on here? cavs up only 9?

did lebron get hurt or something?

or are the cavs falling in love with the 3?

In '91, KAREEM was almost universally considered the GOAT, although Celtic fans argued back in '91 that it was Russell or Cousy. 

Last edited:
Would Jordan be the universal GOAT if he was 4-2 instead of 6-0?
Would've been nice to see a final(s) featuring Houston v Chicago w/ MJ during those years of "retirement"... 

Houston would've gotten 1 for sure...

Last edited:

Magic calling Jordan the GOAT in 1993

Edit: I remember Bob Costas calling him the GOAT after the first championship

Last edited:
                                                                                                                                        En Route  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom